Class of August 2017 Part 7

Old 10-31-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Leana

D
Old 11-05-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey class ~ Great work everyone! Thanks for the motivating posts!

Old 11-17-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Just popping by to say hi and that I知 hoping that we値l see a few more posts soon.

SoberTyger, how are things looking up for you? Must be quite cold in your part of the world now.

Lilymaz, I知 sure you are doing fine, but how about an update? I always love your posts.

Purps, I know you might have been struggling the past few weeks. Keep reading and posting. Just doing that has often been the key for me, i.e. to go from wanting and wishing to quit to actually getting it in motion. You致e been sober for long stretches at a time, and I知 sure you can do it again AND make it stick!
Old 11-24-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello, how are you all?

I am well, i really enjoy my new job and I'm busy in AA, and feeling good.
I feel I am gaining more energy and generally i just find much more enjoyment in every thing I do, also in my time off I enjoy my hobbies more and I find my patience and motivation is growing Sober life is good
Old 11-24-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

That's awesome, Tyger! You sound great!
Old 12-22-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a very happy Christmas and a wonderful 2019! I hope you池e all doing well. Sorry to say I am one of those people who used this place when I really needed it then moved on, I知 still sober, still working away, still doting on my adorable grandson (he値l be two next week!). I sincerely wish the best for you all over the festive season and would love a check in from everyone. ❤️
Old 12-23-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello Class

1 year 4 months 23 days here.

I wish all classmates a very happy holiday season.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you decchemist and lilymaz - congrats to both of you

D
Old 12-26-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well done Dec, hope you had a lovely Christmas and al the best for 2019, you too Dee
Old 01-20-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Great to see some updates came in, from you too lilymaz. Wishing everyone the best as we continue on this journey.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Glad to see folks seems to be doing well. I'm coming up on 8 months and I've been more active in AA than in the past. I even have a sponsor! She's much more mellow than the one I had before so I'm hoping this one sticks. Holidays were tough because I had a big blowout with sis and we still aren't talking. It was one of those situations I definitely would have drank over in the past.

Glad to know I can always come back here to see how my friends are doing and get some support and encouragement.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear you're doing well LB

D
Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Leana, glad you are still with us and doing well in AA with a new sponsor.

Hoping you and your sister can make up soon. I admit I am at least a bit interested in how things worked out for you and Phil.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

How are you all?

I am well. I have been suffering a herniated disc in my back, so the winter has so far been a bit painful. But apart from that I am really good, I think it has been good for me to slow down a bit and it seems I've just reached another level mentally and spiritually, feeling very encouraged and in balance. For most of December and January my back hurt way too much for me to do any activities out of the house and I also spent some days in hospital, but now as I am slowly getting better I get the chance to do some more stuff which is awesome. I feel grateful to do a lot of AA work: speaking, being in committees, doing workshops and sponsoring newcomers. Gives me something to do, great sense of purpose, lot of social activity and the joy of passing on the message. So life is good
Old 02-07-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your pain can be treated ST

D
Old 03-30-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Tyger, sorry to hear about and hope your back improves. Glad you are still feeling that life is good.

This thread has gone quiet, so I am posting this message in a bottle....
Old 03-30-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello Captain!

Hi class ~ I'm still hangin' in there.....hope your back is feeling better Tyger

You guys can always join us on the Soberbus as well!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...s-pt-25-a.html (Please stay on the Sober bus - pt.25)
Old 04-02-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

As my sobriety date is Aug 27, 2017. I figured I'd chime in on this thread. I looked back through all my posts and didn't see any class I joined in on, I thought I did but.... I always post on the 24hr thread but not a class thread, so here I am at 583 days. Still attending my AA group and other meetings, hit at least 2 a week. My 1st year went by fairly quickly and although the 1st few months were very rough, the year was really good. I'm actually finding this 2nd year a little more challenging in terms of "right living" Work stress, financial issue, relationship issues, car problems, mother's health, my pooch's health have all roared there heads and it's put me in a tail spin of anxiety some days. I thank God for sponsorship as I dont know where I'd be with out him and of coarse God (the God of my understanding).
So, I feel my recovery is back sliding a little, getting a little complacent and no better way to reach out and share by coming on here and letting it out. Someday's a still get stuck in my head (worst place to be for a alcoholic like me). I keep up with my prayer every morning and night but find I need it more during the day. This I know to be true, "It will always work out just the way it's suppose to" and it always does. But my dam brain gets in the way some days and I need a kick in the ace to change my thinking. All in all, it's been a good year & 1/2, lots of ups and lots of downs but I got through it all with out drinking and getting smashed like I used to. Huge changes in me, that I don't even see but am reminded by others that know me. One thing I do know is I can't let up on my spiritual program of action and need to keep applying what I've learned in my daily life or.... the alternative isn't good.
Best Regards All
Old 04-02-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class, Hats! Wow, you are going through alot...it's good that you're being mindful of your feelings....I think we've crossed paths on the 24hr thread....this one has been pretty quiet lately, but you can join us in the Soberbus for a little extra support if you'd like (link in the previous comment above) OH! And Congrats on a year and a half!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you cane here for support hats - welcome aboard

D