Notices

Class of June 2018 Part 2

Old 06-22-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Welcome Conquest!!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Willow, around here they're required to check ID for your age before serving, is it similar near you? I've started leaving my ID in the car when I know alcohol is for sale, just as an extra precaution.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

completed day 17

I've noticed my nose is now the same colour as my face (instead of red/purple)

also - my throat has relaxed a lot, so I can swallow naturally without forcing my throat to work

dentists today (new crown needed and repair to massive chip in a good tooth) - can't remember how the damage came about, but a drunken accident/violence seem likely

managed a longish walk and a longish bike ride today + shopped for first time since quitting (a bit of a test given that all the booze is at the end of the path through the supermarket where you have to wait to checkout)

It's encouraging when things get better each day

anyway - well done if you made it another day :-)
Old 06-22-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well done Redcard! And yes, to our skin tone being even...haha. Puffy face , red nose, and red eyes are something I will never miss!

Willow, are you out there? Wondering how the evening went. Not sure of your time zone.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello all, day 2 almost done over here. Getting ready to leave work and head home to my family. Maybe take a long walk around the neighborhood and grill outside for dinner. I hope everyone has a nice day/evening/night wherever you are!
Old 06-22-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good sober weekend - keep the faith

D
Old 06-22-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Junipers, New and ongoing!
17 days... I’m up in NH enjoying some mountain time!! It’s gorgeous here and super relaxing!! Great to be sober this year to truly enjoy the beauty of it!! Have a Great weekend peeps!! Prof D are you alright?? Calmself?? Keep posting good or bad! Don’t forget the weekender also... great stuff happening there too! 💕
Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello class! Day 6 here....came straight home from work and got groceries earlier, so hopefully I won't have to go anywhere this weekend...last Saturday I gave in to the AV's BS so I'll need to keep my guard up this time!

Glad to be here with you all
Old 06-22-2018, 09:09 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SurvivorK View Post
Hi there- The last days have been emotional and full of anxiety for me. I was so good last week. But then when I feel good I don't take my antidepressants..and it catches up with me. My husband asked me if I was drinking yesterday, which I wasn't but my mood looked like I was so I get it. Need to get back at healthier mind and spirit, 22 days. Congrats to everyone on their days! Awesome.
So good to hear from you Survivor! I was getting worried about you as hadn’t heard from you for a few days, glad you’re still here 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lipstuck View Post
Willow, around here they're required to check ID for your age before serving, is it similar near you? I've started leaving my ID in the car when I know alcohol is for sale, just as an extra precaution.
Hi Lipstuck, yes they do, but unfortunately they don’t ask me for ID anymore lol, I must look old enough to drink now that I’m 50 😊😊😊 ❤️
Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
Well done Redcard! And yes, to our skin tone being even...haha. Puffy face , red nose, and red eyes are something I will never miss!

Willow, are you out there? Wondering how the evening went. Not sure of your time zone.
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! 😊 yes Quit I’m here 😊 I’m in Australia so it’s now 2.20pm on Saturday afternoon. I made it through our date at the pub with only a little discomfort when we sat down to eat and the couple next to us ordered a bottle of red to share... My AV was gazing at it nostalgically and I made myself turn my seat slightly away so I was facing a different direction and I ordered a sparkling mineral water when hubby ordered a beer....
Here’s to another day sober 😊 God it’s really really hard sometimes to not drink but I’m so grateful each morning when I wake up and remember I didn’t drink yesterday.... So glad to wake up this morning with a sense of relief rather than feeling despondency and guilt....

And I went to a Saturday morning yoga class this morning ! In my past (non)life I would have been too hungover to even contemplate that on a Sat morning ! 😊

Stay strong everyone, it really is worth it 😘

And well done everyone on another day sober, you guys are awesome!
Old 06-22-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello class! Day 6 here....came straight home from work and got groceries earlier, so hopefully I won't have to go anywhere this weekend...last Saturday I gave in to the AV's BS so I'll need to keep my guard up this time!

Glad to be here with you all
Hang in there Purps! You can do this! 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Morning!

Waking up on day 19, sober. Worked out and showered already. Feeling a little less irritable, hubby is off today and all weekend

Can someone tell me a little more about this sugar ha giver thing? I’ve been feeling a little more sluggish, and had a lingering headache the past two days. And I certainly have been indulging in sweets. Not sure if there is a relation in my situation- but I never used to eat sweets when drinking. I really didn’t eat much of anything, I was on an all liquid diet.

Today I am going to really try to cut back on sugar and caffeine. One treat and 2 cups of coffee.

Way to go quit, the more you tell AV to shut up... the quieter that voice gets.
Willow, have fun and enjoy yourself... stay strong. If you can do it on your birthday- you can certainly do it at the pub.

Enjoy your day everyone, you deserve the best. One more ☝️
Well done on day 19 Bumblebee! That’s awesome! I don’t know much about the sugar hangover thing either but am really interested too... I’m going to do a bit more googling about it because I’ve been eating (and drinking) more sugar since I quit alcohol and a few times I’ve woken up feeling like I have a hangover... although not as bad as the old wine hangovers.... and generally if I’ve had lots of sweet things the afternoon/evening before so there must be some link there...
Old 06-22-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readytodothis View Post
Hello all, day 2 almost done over here. Getting ready to leave work and head home to my family. Maybe take a long walk around the neighborhood and grill outside for dinner. I hope everyone has a nice day/evening/night wherever you are!
Well done Ready! Have a great sober weekend 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Hey Junipers, New and ongoing!
17 days... I’m up in NH enjoying some mountain time!! It’s gorgeous here and super relaxing!! Great to be sober this year to truly enjoy the beauty of it!! Have a Great weekend peeps!! Prof D are you alright?? Calmself?? Keep posting good or bad! Don’t forget the weekender also... great stuff happening there too! 💕
17 days is great Minion! Way to go 😊
And Redcard! 17 days too! You guys rock!

Old 06-22-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Folks, End of Day 8! No AV in the vicinity. Feeling super sleepy due to a busy Friday. Good night/day all.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calmself View Post
Folks, End of Day 8! No AV in the vicinity. Feeling super sleepy due to a busy Friday. Good night/day all.
Good night calmself! Well done on 8 days 😊
Old 06-23-2018, 05:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Here’s to another day sober 😊 God it’s really really hard sometimes to not drink but I’m so grateful each morning when I wake up and remember I didn’t drink yesterday.... So glad to wake up this morning with a sense of relief rather than feeling despondency and guilt....
^^^SOOO true, Willow!^^^ And kudos for being able to make it through your pub date without drinking....I definitely wouldn't be able to do that at this point!
Old 06-23-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Gooood Saturday morning junipers!

Day 20. I know I say this everyday. But sober sleep and hangover free mornings are amazing. I am naturally an early bird... even when I drank, I would still be more productive in the morning. Probably cause I was completely drunk by 4 pm.

I was just on Facebook- and I had a close friend ask ways to de- stress... specifically if your time consumed with young children. Almost if the the responses included alcohol, drinking or wine. There were other suggestions too like retail therapy, run, clean.. but the overwhelming repsonse to drink really annoyed me. I wish alcohol was so socially accepted. But this is my issue, that I have to deal with.

Anyhow, just needed to vent...

My mother in law is taking my daughters to mani/pedis this morning. So it should be quiet here. I have a therapy apt at 1130. Hubby is off work. Should be a good day.

Day 20, I’m in he 20’s😁 and every 10 days I reward myself. Going to get a new pair of jean shorts... I really need new shorts. The Jean shorts I wear are at least 9 years old.

Have a great day junipers. Great work everyone who makes it ☝️ One more today!!
Old 06-23-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well Done, Willow! Every success we have out in social situation s with alcohol will strengthen us. I have done bars, concerts, weddings....all those big things. The events that tripped me up recently were reunions. I won’t be doing any more of those any time soon! Something about seeing people from the past...I’m so different than I was back then and I guess I thought wine would help me to interact. It didn’t. Only put me back in the vicious cycle.

Anyway, Day 3 and I’m feeling like my ol’ self again. The side that doesn’t wake up self loathing and beginning the mental battle of whether or not to drink tonight. Freedom. That’s what I want to live in. True freedom from addiction.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday/Sunday. Heading out for a run. Haven’t gone in a week, since I was in my wine haze.