Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 391

Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hi Sunflowerlife!

Isn't it awesome that we can go to places and feel the energy now? When I was drinking I never took much notice of the energy of people and places. Wherever I went, I had one objective.... get to oblivion as fast as possible. What other people were doing never really bothered me because I barely took any notice. Now I'm noticing and feeling the energy of people and places, I'm noticing that not everyone/everywhere is for me. There's some people and places I no longer want to be around and that's fine. That's how its supposed to be.

I read tons of positives in your post. You have awareness to notice the energy -awesome. You got your face painted - double awesome. You made coleslaw to share -awesome. Your kids had fun - awesome. You feel like you haven't made any friends in your neighbourhood over the last year but look what you have achieved over the last year ... you got and stayed sober!!! Maybe the universe decided that was your priority for last year. Someone as warm and honest and open as you is always going to attract new friends into your life. But now you're going to be attracting all the right people .. the ones worth waiting for.

And I always find that often it's the small things that make life great. You never know, years from now your kids may say, 'do you remember that party when those 2 little girls painted your face?!' Keep doing what you're doing Sunflowerlife, I think you're utterly fabulous xxxx

Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxx
Kenton, you have me crying. Thank you for seeing the positives- I still have a hard time with that.

YES-on being able to feel more, even if it hurts sometimes. Amazing that as empaths we tried desperately to numb those feelings because they are so strong sometimes. Now in our sobriety we can see that feeling is a gift- such a gift and awareness that we are lucky to have.

Thank you so much for the perspective, I needed that. I was the only mom with a painted face (and by "painted" I mean it was basically just color all over my cheeks!) And the kids had fun and I got a compliment on my cole slaw.

I am going to try and focus more on the positives from now on.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

You guys are rockin' it~

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Optimist4ever57 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
Pinky1 ~ 2 weeks! ♥
ManInTheArena ~ 3 months! ♥
Alysheba ~ 4 months! ♥
stargazer016 ~ 3 years & 2 months! ♥
Old 06-17-2018, 08:20 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

24 please xxxx
Old 06-17-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there.
24 more please
Babs
Old 06-17-2018, 09:09 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 06-17-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

9:18 am in California and checking in for another 24. Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing dads on SR, I hope you all have a fantastic day.

Congrats to all of our Milestoners!

❤️Delilah
Old 06-17-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Day 2... I don't have much energy to do anything, but I went to AA meeting in the afternoon. It was good, but ehh I had an awkward encounter with one guy who invited me for a coffee after the meeting. He's twice my age, seemed really nice and I thought, how kind of him for wanting to spend some time with me. We went to Starbucks, ordered some drinks, and then he started talking. And he talked and talked A LOT... I couldn't really say anything, so I was listening, but it was all a bit weird, just random stuff about his life, not much recovery-related. But guys... after a while, he grabbed my hand and said, 'What would you say if I asked you to have sex with me in the toilet, right now?'

??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so taken aback, I started LAUGHING and couldn't stop. He said something like, 'ah so you would laugh', and then he started telling me some BS stories about his wife, that they're in an open relationship and they're 'allowed' to do things like that and that he can feel that we have emotional connection.

Uhhh nope...

I murmured some 'I have to go now' excuse and ran home. I feel a bit... I don't know, gross I guess. I think I'm gonna stick with women's meetings, I'm worried that I would meet this creepy dude again somewhere. Do these things happen or do I just look that naive?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hi Neo It can't rain all the time
Old 06-17-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I can't find the photo of the amish chap now, but I was just thinking how nice it would be to go back to 200 years ago and have a bit more peace and quiet!

I was made to be Amish. Or Jane Austen. And live in a village forgotten by time.

Weev in for 24 more at 5:33pm wishing I was somewhere else. Love and prayers to all.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

My first time here, I am committing to 24 hrs of sobriety..
Old 06-17-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Day 2... I don't have much energy to do anything, but I went to AA meeting in the afternoon. It was good, but ehh I had an awkward encounter with one guy who invited me for a coffee after the meeting. He's twice my age, seemed really nice and I thought, how kind of him for wanting to spend some time with me. We went to Starbucks, ordered some drinks, and then he started talking. And he talked and talked A LOT... I couldn't really say anything, so I was listening, but it was all a bit weird, just random stuff about his life, not much recovery-related. But guys... after a while, he grabbed my hand and said, 'What would you say if I asked you to have sex with me in the toilet, right now?'

??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so taken aback, I started LAUGHING and couldn't stop. He said something like, 'ah so you would laugh', and then he started telling me some BS stories about his wife, that they're in an open relationship and they're 'allowed' to do things like that and that he can feel that we have emotional connection.

Uhhh nope...

I murmured some 'I have to go now' excuse and ran home. I feel a bit... I don't know, gross I guess. I think I'm gonna stick with women's meetings, I'm worried that I would meet this creepy dude again somewhere. Do these things happen or do I just look that naive?

I'm so sorry that happened Snufkin, maybe women's meetings would be a better fit for you. It's good that you are going to meetings.

Glad you are back!
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Deedles77 View Post
Hi and welcome, Deedles! Great to have you here with us.
  # 413 (permalink)  
Rar

WOW Snuf! Just WOW! I'm speechless. Glad you're safe! ((HUGS))
  # 414 (permalink)  

Welcome Deedles! This is my favorite thread on SR, you will find lots of support here!
Old 06-17-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

snuf honey ~ I was told in early recovery that it would be better for me not to go out with guys one on one for coffee dates.....I mean, what is their motivation? You are a newcomer, and anyone who really does the program would NOT ask you out on your own....women's meetings are a great idea, but so are mixed meetings....just maybe stick with the group.

Proud of you for going to the meeting.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Rar

Welcome Deedles. Glad you're here.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Welcome from me too!
Sending hugs your way.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I'm so sorry that happened Snufkin, maybe women's meetings would be a better fit for you. It's good that you are going to meetings.

Glad you are back!
Thank you Delilah. Yup I'm back, trying again and again, I want to beat this monster...

I like going to meetings. I think they help despite me being a terribly anxious person, so I want to keep going. It was just a bit creepy...
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
I can't find the photo of the amish chap now, but I was just thinking how nice it would be to go back to 200 years ago and have a bit more peace and quiet!

I was made to be Amish. Or Jane Austen. And live in a village forgotten by time.

Weev in for 24 more at 5:33pm wishing I was somewhere else. Love and prayers to all.
Yeah, but what would you do without your apps love?
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
snuf honey ~ I was told in early recovery that it would be better for me not to go out with guys one on one for coffee dates.....I mean, what is their motivation? You are a newcomer, and anyone who really does the program would NOT ask you out on your own....women's meetings are a great idea, but so are mixed meetings....just maybe stick with the group.

Proud of you for going to the meeting.
Good advice, thank you Venus!