View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Hi Sunflowerlife!

Isn't it awesome that we can go to places and feel the energy now? When I was drinking I never took much notice of the energy of people and places. Wherever I went, I had one objective.... get to oblivion as fast as possible. What other people were doing never really bothered me because I barely took any notice. Now I'm noticing and feeling the energy of people and places, I'm noticing that not everyone/everywhere is for me. There's some people and places I no longer want to be around and that's fine. That's how its supposed to be.

I read tons of positives in your post. You have awareness to notice the energy -awesome. You got your face painted - double awesome. You made coleslaw to share -awesome. Your kids had fun - awesome. You feel like you haven't made any friends in your neighbourhood over the last year but look what you have achieved over the last year ... you got and stayed sober!!! Maybe the universe decided that was your priority for last year. Someone as warm and honest and open as you is always going to attract new friends into your life. But now you're going to be attracting all the right people .. the ones worth waiting for.

And I always find that often it's the small things that make life great. You never know, years from now your kids may say, 'do you remember that party when those 2 little girls painted your face?!' Keep doing what you're doing Sunflowerlife, I think you're utterly fabulous xxxx

Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxx
Kenton, you have me crying. Thank you for seeing the positives- I still have a hard time with that.

YES-on being able to feel more, even if it hurts sometimes. Amazing that as empaths we tried desperately to numb those feelings because they are so strong sometimes. Now in our sobriety we can see that feeling is a gift- such a gift and awareness that we are lucky to have.

Thank you so much for the perspective, I needed that. I was the only mom with a painted face (and by "painted" I mean it was basically just color all over my cheeks!) And the kids had fun and I got a compliment on my cole slaw.

I am going to try and focus more on the positives from now on.