Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 387

Old 06-02-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

(((Sunflower)))
You're certainly no fraud sweetheart. No way!
There are powerful addictive qualities in sugar, carbs and other (dare I say yummy) foods. Especially for us alcoholics. I know I eat like I drank. Compulsively and to excess. I turned to sugar for my first 6 months of sobriety. It "helped" at the time. By help I mean it took the edge off my craving for wine. In my mind as long as it had no alcohol in it I didn't care. Until I did. Okay yes my initial concern was my size. I had gained at least 20 pounds. Then when I cut out the bad food I felt better in a way I didn't expect. A lot of the benefits I expected in sobriety didn't happen until I addressed my eating too. But here we are Sunflower. Alcoholism and food issues too (plus caffeine, nicotine, spending money binges and more for me). It doesn't stop just with alcohol.
I'm right by your side Sunflower. Had a terrible week too eating the world. Super fast weight gain andI have that urge to keep shoving sugar in my mouth right as I was months ago.
Never forget thoigh Sunflower that number 1 priority is the booze. You are so hard on yourself. You work so hard on yourself every day. I am a super fan of yours honey!
I hope the gym releases some happy endorphins for you today ❤❤❤
Old 06-02-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Plenny - re Empaths, you might find something of interest at this website, "Empaths Empowered":

I'll put the link in the March 2018 thread also, in case it gets buried here
It definitely won't get buried love.....that is wonderful: thank you so much darling Caramel.
♥♥

30 Ways to Unleash Your Empath Power!

Sometimes we all need gentle reminders of ways we can help ourselves to live a happier, more empowered life as an Empath.

But it’s also important to remember, we attract who and what we are. To draw more magnificence into your Empath life, it helps to develop a more magnificent way of being.

Here are 30 quick ways of being that can bring about incredible changes to your life, and unleash your hidden power, just by applying them:

1. Let Go of Expectations of Others
Expectations of others can cause untold pain and frustration. Let them go and it will free you from disappointment. You cannot and should not control everything in life. Acceptance is essential if you want to live a happy, healthy life.

2. Release Resentment or Anger
Why let another’s actions blight your life? Resentment makes you bitter. Let it go. Anger only punishes the bearer. Breathe though and release it.

3. Select Relationships With Prudence
As an Empath, you can become who you spend most time with. Choose your friends wisely.

4. Still Chaotic Thoughts
Stress and unhappiness are often born from chaotic Empath musings. By quietening your thoughts it will help free you from any unnecessary pain they cause.

5. Judge Not
Judging makes you fearful of judgements. Choosing not to judge, yourself or others, helps you find emotional freedom.

6. Stop Procrastinating
Don’t put off today what you can do tomorrow. Why waste life thinking about what you could be doing? It’s time to do it!

7. Be at Peace with Criticism
People will always criticise. Trying to avoid criticism prevents you from doing what you are meant to do and becoming who you are meant to be.

8. Chase Your Dreams
Don’t die with your dreams unrealised. Step out there and create them. Keep your Empath life energised with new experiences every day.

9. Don’t Take it Personally
If another treats you badly, it is a reflection on them. Not you!

10. Get Out in Nature
Spending time in nature is grounding and uplifting and will soothe your Empath soul.

11. Never Give Up
If you have goals, believe in yourself and continue striving towards them (no matter what your age). Good things don’t happen overnight, but if you keep plugging away at your goals they will eventually show up.

12. Trust Your Intuition
Your Empath Knowing has more power than you may realise. Let it guide you and learn to trust it.

13. Collect Experiences not Treasures
When you leave your body, you only take your knowledge and experiences with you. Make as many of them as you can.

14. Abandon the Fear of Failure
A failure is an experience that simply teaches you how not to do something. Whatever you choose to do as an Empath you will learn. Don’t let the fear of failure hold you back from trying.

15. Stay Protected
By staying away from negative, draining energy it will keep you empowered as an Empath. But if you cannot avoid it, remember to stay protected.

16. Question Everything
Don’t believe everything you read, hear or see. Trust your Empath gut. If it doesn’t feel right chances are it’s not.

17. Love What You Do and Do What You love
Follow your passions. When happy in your work you are also successful. Life is too short to do work you don’t enjoy.

18. Free Your Voice and Learn to Say No
No is a complete sentence! Only do something because you want to. By constantly giving in to the expectations of others means they just expect more.

19. Take Responsibility For Your Energy
You receive back what you give out. By projecting powerful, uplifting energy into the world you will collect the reward of receiving it back.

20. Create The Change You Want To See
Don’t wait. Be the change and see the change.

21. Know Your Worth
No man is better than another. Putting someone on a pedestal instills the idea of unworthiness. Believe in your own brilliant Empath-self!

22. Learn to Listen at the Right Times
Listening comes naturally to an Empath. By listening generously, to those who truly need to be heard, is healing to them and you. But continuously listening to self-serving people benefits no one.

23. Nurture Body, Mind and Spirit
Your body, mind and spirit are connected. Only when all three are balanced will you find harmony as an Empath.

24. Remember You Have Freewill
It is your journey! Choose the life you want to live and use your freewill to create it.

25. Send Love into the World
Opening your heart to others is a show of strength. Love is empowering. Love will heal you and the world!

26. Let Go of Pain
You wouldn’t hold onto a fiery ember, so why allow painful emotions to burn within yourself?

27. Don’t Allow Rules to Stifle Creativity
Creativity allows the Empath’s spirit to soar. If a rule no longer works for you, it’s time make a new one.

28. Step Out of Your Comfort Zone Daily
If you want to evolve as an Empath, do something each day that makes you uncomfortable or that you have put off.

29. Don’t Wait for Another to Complete You
The only person who can make you whole is you.

30. Express Gratitude
Being grateful sends a powerful message to the universe that you are open to more reasons to be grateful. Gratitude is truly empowering.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good morning. Committing to 24 more sober hours.

Sunflower 🌻 you are in my thoughts this morning. My relationship with food sounds similar to yours but like others have said sobriety first. Take care of yourself today ❤️
Old 06-02-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I feel like a fraud. Here I am clean and sober and complusively overeating for 3 days straight.
I feel broken.
I feel numb.
I can't find my spirit or connection to the Divine.

I can't do this anymore.
Please, I ask you all to support and push me to go to an OA meeting tomorrow at 5:15. I don't want to chicken out and I obviously can't do this alone.

I commit to 24 hours of sobriety and I am going to take it one hour at a time to get through not binge eating today. Planning on checking in often.
Full support sweetheart.

And too you too darling Red....
Old 06-02-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostmyoffswitch View Post
Checking in for another 24 hours. Spent the day yesterday meeting my newest precious granddaughter and I’m going back today for more baby snuggles
Congratulations darling Lost....how wonderful.
What is her name?
Have a lovely day. ♥♥
Old 06-02-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

I’m in for another 24!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

The posts in this thread are mindblowing.....powerful and beautiful and full of courage. Cannot possibly reply to them all....I want to though. Especially because I didn't think there was any way I could get out of my head this morning.

I am sitting here in a very bad way....I have a new (old, but came back) medical issue that is so painful and so not fun and I need my doctor urgently and can't get her any way before Monday....I need a female doctor. Deep breath.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
(((Sunflower)))
You're certainly no fraud sweetheart. No way!
There are powerful addictive qualities in sugar, carbs and other (dare I say yummy) foods. Especially for us alcoholics. I know I eat like I drank. Compulsively and to excess. I turned to sugar for my first 6 months of sobriety. It "helped" at the time. By help I mean it took the edge off my craving for wine. In my mind as long as it had no alcohol in it I didn't care. Until I did. Okay yes my initial concern was my size. I had gained at least 20 pounds. Then when I cut out the bad food I felt better in a way I didn't expect. A lot of the benefits I expected in sobriety didn't happen until I addressed my eating too. But here we are Sunflower. Alcoholism and food issues too (plus caffeine, nicotine, spending money binges and more for me). It doesn't stop just with alcohol.
I'm right by your side Sunflower. Had a terrible week too eating the world. Super fast weight gain andI have that urge to keep shoving sugar in my mouth right as I was months ago.
Never forget thoigh Sunflower that number 1 priority is the booze. You are so hard on yourself. You work so hard on yourself every day. I am a super fan of yours honey!
I hope the gym releases some happy endorphins for you today ❤❤❤
Thank Jo. I’m just angry because I though I had this all figured out when I went keto 17 months ago. I binged maybe once a month for the first 8 months. Then it all went downhill this past fall and winter and I can’t seem to recover. I can get an average of 8 days in and then I binge again. I honestly think I am reacting to finally reaching a place of peace in my heart. As soon as I get close to feeling fulfilled spiritually my ego goes and taunts me to self sabotage. I’ve been doing it for years. Same stupid story. Plus now that I know for certain that I am powerless over carbs I am pretty much fighting back with a three day “f you” binge.

I refuse to keep living this way. It’s gotta stop today. I can’t even meditate when I am hungover from carbs. I feel nothing.

I just need to get through two or three good food days to feel better.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
The posts in this thread are mindblowing.....powerful and beautiful and full of courage. Cannot possibly reply to them all....I want to though. Especially because I didn't think there was any way I could get out of my head this morning.

I am sitting here in a very bad way....I have a new (old, but came back) medical issue that is so painful and so not fun and I need my doctor urgently and can't get her any way before Monday....I need a female doctor. Deep breath.
Deep breaths sweetie. What about going to an urgent care?
Old 06-02-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Good morning. Committing to 24 more sober hours.

Sunflower 🌻 you are in my thoughts this morning. My relationship with food sounds similar to yours but like others have said sobriety first. Take care of yourself today ❤️
Thank you and I’m sorry you can relate. Yes sobriety first by I will never drink again. It’s not even and option.
The food feels so much harder especially since I can’t sweep the house of all snacks, having two small boys. I can do this and I will. I just don’t know how.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Just look at all the inspiring people and their posts already this morning!! oh my gosh I love it, motivates and sets my outlook and mood for the day!

Oh I do love to use explanation points don't I ?!!

Suze I am saving and copying your list, keeping it in my little book of joys and thoughts.

I am going to have a great day, husband and I are off to Mountain Home for the air show. should be a good time!!

Love ya all ever so much!

Badge!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

That sounds awesome Rar!!
Have a fantastic day honey.

I can't see a stranger with this Sunflowerlife.....I just can't.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
That sounds awesome Rar!!
Have a fantastic day honey.

I can't see a stranger with this Sunflowerlife.....I just can't.
I understand
Old 06-02-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Another 24 hours alcohol free, yay! Singing on for 24more. Wish I could reply to everyone's messages but I am thinking of you all. Venuscat I'm hoping your pain subsides!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Self-sabotage.....it's one of those terms that has a lot of emotional weight, and it sounds kind of nasty....when I used that term to define myself when I was stuck, it kind of kept me miserable.

I know carbs (for you Sunflowerlife) and any bad food or too much food or food binging is just SO painful and debilitating. It hurts afterwards...both physically and emotionally....so I try (I don't do it anymore, but I did for so many years) to be kind to myself after this kind of binge....I am already hurting.....if I call myself names it won't help me.

I sit with myself.....(and my uncomfortable tummy ) and take deep breaths and calm my mind.....and ask myself....what is going on that I am afraid of? That I need comfort for? And when I find the answer, I can then let go of the need to harm myself with food.

And you guys/girls are so spiritual....so then a mantra to help me get through the day.....something like.....I will let my own struggles help me to be kind today....I will see the world as a gentle place.....

Obviously just an example. And just my thoughts.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I feel like a fraud. Here I am clean and sober and complusively overeating for 3 days straight.
I feel broken.
I feel numb.
I can't find my spirit or connection to the Divine.

I can't do this anymore.
Please, I ask you all to support and push me to go to an OA meeting tomorrow at 5:15. I don't want to chicken out and I obviously can't do this alone.

I commit to 24 hours of sobriety and I am going to take it one hour at a time to get through not binge eating today. Planning on checking in often.
Support, empathy, compassion and prayers to you SFL.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 hours at 8:41 am.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-02-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcutah1 View Post
Thanks to all for the encouragement from my last entry on the 24 hour post. I wish everyone including my self a very rewarding next 24 hours of sobriety.
Love your avy!

Welcome Marcutah..
Old 06-02-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

GOOD Morning Beautiful People!!