# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part 3

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 09-04-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread! I have 92 days today and I am starting a new chapter in my recovery. As of day 100 I plan to start a blog. I am getting it set up now and am have a thousand ideas of what I'd like to say. I feel like I'm finally out of the weeds and able to take a breath so I am calling it weeds to wildflowers. I'm not planning to publicize it or anything, just start on it and see where it takes me. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend and all that sobriety has to offer.

I spent yesterday playing with craft stuff with my adult daughter, making one of our family's traditional meals, and laughing. It's been a good weekend.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 96! So close to 100 days, my original goal. I can't imagine going back now. I am so excited for my life. I wouldn't want to waste a single second of it drunk or hungover. It is amazing to me how little ibuprofen we go through now! I used to take it several times each day. Even on days when i wasn't drinking. However, now that I don't drink, I rarely need any - mostly only when I am sore from running. Grateful that I don't have to drink anymore. That I don't have to plan my weekends around my hangovers. Hope all are well.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess this group is pretty empty, but I still want to post my success. 119 days today! In 4 days I will have 4 months!!!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again applewakesup

D
Old 10-02-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Apple, I'm still here!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So glad to see you, Culture! How have you been?

I figured as I got more time in sobriety, I would do less that was focused on it. Actually, I have gotten more involved. I participate in several online groups and even attend an AA meeting once a week. I find that the more sobriety I have, the more I realize how separated I was from myself and the more I want to reconnect.

Congrats to you too!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am a June stopper too, 102 days. Still early days, but I can see how my outlook has changed. I am so relieved to have stopped drinking alone, well I have stopped all drinking. I wasn't enjoying it plus it was worrying me but I kept doing it all the same.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by applewakesup View Post
So glad to see you, Culture! How have you been?

I figured as I got more time in sobriety, I would do less that was focused on it. Actually, I have gotten more involved. I participate in several online groups and even attend an AA meeting once a week. I find that the more sobriety I have, the more I realize how separated I was from myself and the more I want to reconnect.

Congrats to you too!

Hi Apple, all good with me!
You sound happy, good to hear from you.
I only use SR myself, log on every day as it reaffirms my commitment to being sober. I am not against AA, I find their literature extremely helpful and their" living sober" leaflet pretty much got me through the early days. I'm about 2 months sober now ( I don't count days) and apart from a few cravings am finding it easier .
Old 10-03-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time stephengb
Old 10-03-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Stephen

D
Old 10-08-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi June friends,

I just got back from a camping weekend with my family. My dad and his wife, my brother, his wife and kid, me, my boyfriend and his kid. Everyone was drinking except the kids and me. My brother's wife not so much, but the others drank really heavily last night, mostly whiskey. I don't feel triggered by it, but after a little while it gets really boring. The conversation is always dominated by someone who cant shut up and also can't seem to remember that she already said this important point several times. Oy.

In the end, I was glad that we left a day early due to rain. I love camping, but this one was a little less fun for me. I'd like to go out again in a couple weeks alone or just with my boyfriend, if he's willing to have a sober weekend. I know how boring that sounds to people who drink. Wish they could see how meaningful it can be to spend an evening in nature without alcohol.

Maybe this sounds really judgey. I don't think I'm judging them just not really enjoying being in that scene anymore. Does that make sense? Or am I being judgemental?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi June friends! 134 days here! I only even know that because I have an app. I am still counting months for sure. The app also tells me I have saved $1335.25 since quitting. It's true! I am saving more and allowing myself to spend money on things like massages and yoga classes and camping trips and delicious, extravagant tea!

I am in a good place as far as sobriety goes. I am part of a number of online groups, I go to an AA group about once per week (not sold, just listening right now), and I also listen to podcasts and read so much about sobriety. It's funny because one of the main reasons I quit drinking (other than the hangovers) was so I would stop having to think about it so much! But *how* I think about it is so different!!! Before, my thoughts were full of shame and fear and now each new thing I learn adds to my joy at being sober.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello! Checking back in with 145 days! Went to the doctor for a routine visit and was able to tell the absolute truth. Wow! That feels really good. On top of that, the first thing she said when she walked in was, " You look great!"

Hope everyone is well!
Old 11-03-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

152 days and still going strong. I have been thinking a lot about alcohol in our society and how you can stop eating meat or gluten, or red dye, or even fruit and people will pretty much accept it, but when you say you quit drinking, it's like, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??? Have you tried absolutely every other option???"

The implication in this is that alcohol is somehow necessary for something, anything in our lives and it just isn't. It's not necessary for romance or socialization or celebration or relaxation or dealing with stress! In fact, all of those things are handled so much better without alcohol.

I've also thought a lot about how dangerous alcohol is, for most of us. You don't have to have an alcohol problem to have a bad night with alcohol. I don't know anyone who hasn't. In most cases, the physical effects of the alcohol itself wear off within hours, but situations that you put yourself in can destroy your life. I feel really grateful that nothing more serious ever happened to me, especially during my college years, when I lived in a big city and didn't worry about safety at all.

Anyway, all this to say, I am happy that I no longer have to worry about endangering myself by ingesting alcohol. It's not necessary for anything in my life.

Best wishes Junebugs!
Old 12-18-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Finally decided to find my class😁

I have 197 days without alcohol😁
Old 12-18-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LoveForMe

D
Old 12-23-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks dee😁

Pretty dead here hahah. Oh well, today is day 202. Just waiting for the new year... But going strong. Have a good day to whoever reads this!
Old 01-05-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveForMe View Post
Thanks dee😁

Pretty dead here hahah. Oh well, today is day 202. Just waiting for the new year... But going strong. Have a good day to whoever reads this!
Congrats on 202 days LoveForMe! I think I am the only one left from June (hello anyone else still here?) Nope, well at least there are now 2 of us LOL.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for so long! I now have 216 days and I'm going strong! I still go to one AA meeting per week, but my recovery involves more online connections through FB and IG. I am working on myself everyday and feeling really good. I hope all is well with the rest of the 2017 Junebugs!