Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 385

Old 05-22-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
I’m just trying to explore this site and I think I reported my own post… What a dork! I was just exclaiming that I commit to the next 24 hours being sober

Ha!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm committed to another 24 hours sober.

8:56 PM with a cat on my lap.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Jo,

Checking in to see how you're doing. Let us know when you get a chance.

❤️Delilah
Old 05-22-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm tired. Our son, Mark, and I are doing this 1,000 pc puzzle. Old Candy Bars. Boy, that's a mental workout! Lots of work to do, but we're having a great time!
I'll be checking in for my next 24, thanks to my HP.
💛💛
Bobbi
Old 05-22-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know the dilemma about pain relief. I was prescribed opiates after my burns. After a short stint in the real world of drinking and abusing them...I threw all of them out and stopped boozing. I should have died all over again from the self neglect. Pain is transitional- and passes (this is for me- and I am not saying this about anyone else) but addiction is long term. I am NOT going to replace booze with pills. Brufen and paracetamol only. The notion of being under the control of any substance terrifies me....I was revived 3 times after the burns...I strongly doubt I would get a 4th chance.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
orangutan

checking in for 24 more

3.04 pm in Auss
Old 05-22-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 7.15am
Old 05-22-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good Morning

Checking in 24 hours please x
Old 05-22-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks
Old 05-22-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning. It is 8:37am and I and ready for my next 24��. Yay made it to day 10, and feel amazing. I love being sober, i love ME sober!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 05-23-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I’m just trying to explore this site and I think I reported my own post… What a dork! I was just exclaiming that I commit to the next 24 hours being sober

Ha ha! Nice way to start this hump day Free2

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more for me please

Thanks
Old 05-23-2018, 12:11 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

....................and another pleasant sober day draws to a close
> of course unpleasantness and drinking to solve issues is the pits.
Why have I failed to realise this so often?

Encouragement to any who may be struggling. Sobriety is a gift in itself.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shilla View Post
Good morning. It is 8:37am and I and ready for my next 24��. Yay made it to day 10, and feel amazing. I love being sober, i love ME sober!
Ten days sober beats the hell out of a one day hangover!
Old 05-23-2018, 12:28 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning dear friends. Sorry I didn't get chance to check in last night.
We did a lot of talking last night. For once it was kindly and careful of one another's feelings. Not point scoring or arguing. He is a simple man (aren't they all haha?) and I know it was out of his comfort zones but it was important.
We have indeed reconciled!
I'm not jumping off the rooftops ecstatic but I am relieved and happy to have my best friend back. We aren't in a reversal here are we?
Onward to steadier times and continued calmness and support for my girls.
Lots of love ❤❤❤
Old 05-23-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thats great Jo, so glad you talked and decided to move forward together. And bless him to leave his comfort zone to make this happen. Sending you both so much love and blessings. Have a lovely lovely day. xxx
Old 05-23-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Its 8.50am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Ohh that’s great, I’m so happy for you Jo!! ❤️ Sending you both lots of love ❤️❤️
Old 05-23-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

9:05am and I’m ready for another sober day. Sign me in!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:09 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Ha ha ha!! This did make me giggle. Welcome to the family free2beme..... I think you're going to fit in just fine xxx

Jo, ecstatic it went well yesterday and you are feeling and sounding so much happier. Love you so much and wishing you all the happiness in the world xxxx

So I had an interesting experience at my mindfulness course last night. We had to share a difficult experience and then identify the 'silver lining' in such experience. I shared my experience of recovering from alcohol addiction and as I spoke I realised there are many silver linings associated with this experience. .... meeting all you guys, getting to know my true self, never being hungover ever again..... the list goes on and on. When I stopped talking I was met with a lot of confused stares and a bit of an awkward silence. Eventually someone said, 'you're an alcoholic?' And I said, 'yes.... I'm an alcoholic in recovery'. And then someone else said, 'but you don't look like an alcoholic'... so of course I said, 'what does an alcoholic look like?' And this led to a fascinating discussion during which every member of the group realised that despite being lovely, open-minded, kind people...they all have preconceptions about addiction. Alcoholism hasn't touched their lives and as a result they assumed that the alcoholic in their midst would be swigging vodka and generally disrupting the peace. It came as quite a surprise to observe that the alcoholic was just as capable of quiet meditation and insightful comment as the next person.

During the coffee break everyone wanted to ask me about alcoholism. But not in an intrusive way that made me feel like an exhibit on display. They were genuinely interested ..... particularly in the growth and strength I have experienced in my daily and often-secret battle. I left the meeting feeling like I had taken a tiny step towards slaying the huge stigma of addiction. I'd been open and honest about what I am and I had been listened to with respect. No judgement . ... just interest and respect. It felt incredible to realise that everyone can learn something from this journey we are all on. We're all human, we're all flawed in our own ways but when we listen to and learn from other people's struggles we can achieve an awareness of self that I never would have believed possible.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for this proud alcoholic please xxxxx