Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 384

Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Rar

Good Morning Everyone. 24 more hours for me please. I will not drink today.

Congratulations to all achieving a milestone today. Well done.

Wishing all a wonderful Monday. Praying for those sick and/or struggling.

7:40 a.m.
EST
Old 05-21-2018, 04:45 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Wics- you are in my thoughts

SFL- a lady I know fairly well (she decided I was worth the effort to draw me out of my shell..I was so quiet..she asked permission to give me a formal hug)....very successful counselor in her own right..senior management stuff. She shared- only after hiding her face in her hands that she was a binge eater, had been for years and how ashamed she was. After the meeting- we offered each other support- and I said to her- you know every one here really does not give a crap (meaning no judgements made) about that- and well done on being honest with herself. She said she knew this in her mind- but her heart was way more judgemental- the 'you should' voice. Try to be gentle with yourself. Perhaps go see a nutritionist or a dietician- set some goals. I am going to do this..as I just eat too much and since buying my car- have not been near my push bike, except to dust it. This way- I am accountable to someone and will not hide my eating behaviour. Also- seeing as half my torso is scar tissue..I have very uneven fat distribution...so I have body image issues.
No one is perfect..you are doing just fine.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi to Donny, who has met a gal- in the land of Ire.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Mornin' all (or evening to those Down Under, as it were )..

I'm in for 24 more to start this busy week.

Strength and peace!

T.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning honey.....smiling at you big time. Sending more hugs.....and wishing you a great Monday. ♥♥♥
Old 05-21-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

So Neoo love.....tell us more....and you know I am going to remind you to be careful of your heart at this early stage.....I don't want you to get hurt.....what colour hair does she have? How old is she? What does she do? Is she funny?
Old 05-21-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Sorry you feel down today Sunflower. I have eating disorder myself. I take just about Everything to extremes. Its like Iike Im all in, or out. Be kind to yourself today.
You’re the sweetest. Thanks Stubbs. I am going to choose love today. Already looked at myself in the mirror and said “I Love you”. It can only go up from here. Have a great day too
Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more for me please at 8:17 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Wics- you are in my thoughts

SFL- a lady I know fairly well (she decided I was worth the effort to draw me out of my shell..I was so quiet..she asked permission to give me a formal hug)....very successful counselor in her own right..senior management stuff. She shared- only after hiding her face in her hands that she was a binge eater, had been for years and how ashamed she was. After the meeting- we offered each other support- and I said to her- you know every one here really does not give a crap (meaning no judgements made) about that- and well done on being honest with herself. She said she knew this in her mind- but her heart was way more judgemental- the 'you should' voice. Try to be gentle with yourself. Perhaps go see a nutritionist or a dietician- set some goals. I am going to do this..as I just eat too much and since buying my car- have not been near my push bike, except to dust it. This way- I am accountable to someone and will not hide my eating behaviour. Also- seeing as half my torso is scar tissue..I have very uneven fat distribution...so I have body image issues.
No one is perfect..you are doing just fine.
Thank you so much PJ- I am definitely working on trying not to expect perfection from myself. I have made huge progress this year on accepting what I consider "flaws" on my body. For example, I have been working out in shorts at the gym since the 90s (loose shorts with spandex shorts underneath). Everyone these days wears leggings. You know the type? Hug every single curve and dimple on your body type of pants. Well I was never going to do that- I swore I would wear my shorts so no one could ever see my imperfections- my saddlebags which will always be there as long as I am at a healthy weight (I can starve them down but I don't want to do that anymore.)

So these past few months I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone and started wearing leggings to the gym. It was really uncomfortable at first. I felt naked. Now I can say I haven't worn my shorts in a couple months. I mean I can see when I'm up in weight immediately but I'm trying to accept that the size of my thighs does now equal my self worth.

As for the diet, I've got it down, when I'm not bingeing. I know that sounds ridiculous but it's true. 75% of the time I am eating a healthy, vegetarian keto diet filled with nutritious whole foods that keep me satisfied. The binging is a brain issue I need to conquer and the only way to do this is to stop giving into the binge- to choose the higher brain each time rather than the impulsive lower brain which wants a fix. It's really that easy- I just have to stop giving in just like I stopped giving into the urge to drink. 1 year sober and I don't have any cravings. I am hoping it will be the same with the binging- the longer I go without, the less cravings I have.

Anyway, thanks again for your support- your comments are always very helpful to me. I hope you can find some motivation to get back on that bike! I feel absolutely awful when I don't exercise- my body craves movement like nothing else! Maybe you hop on it once this week? That's not too crazy of a goal Good luck with the food stuff too- it's so easy to get lost in it, it's such a great feeling to eat foods that satisfy us. Luckily we can make "healthy" foods taste good as well Going shopping today- need to stock up on my macadamia nuts- they are heaven to me!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Another 24 hours of freedom for me today. Day 16 and so grateful for this forum.

Sending positive thoughts for all who are struggling, including Jo, Stubbs, and Snufkin.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

So Neoo love.....tell us more....and you know I am going to remind you to be careful of your heart at this early stage.....I don't want you to get hurt.....what colour hair does she have? How old is she? What does she do? Is she funny?
Hi Venus Well her name is Nichola and she has blonde hair very attractive I must say..

We have both been on the phone non stop and met in person twice.

I am taking her out for a meal on Saturday night and then we are going to stay in my house and chill for the evening also she does have kids but that is fine with me

We both make each other laugh and she is wanting to settle down as am I..

She is not a big drinker at all and is very supportive of me not drinking.

She also has been researching everything to do with anxiety and ocd and has a great way of dealing with my other thinking and said she is not put off in the slightest

Also she works as a cleaner in a computer company in a town close by and is 37 years old
Old 05-21-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Good Morning. 5:36 A.M. checking in for 24. Thank you.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

24 more for me. Been struggling AGAIN. Sick of this!!
Old 05-21-2018, 05:50 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Good morning beautiful peeps, please count me ALL in.
Congratulations to our fabulous Milestoners!!

Wishing everyone a sober and peaceful day or night with love to all....xxxx
Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

5:56 am in North Idaho. 16 days sober today. 24 more hours, no matter what.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Hi Venus Well her name is Nichola and she has blonde hair very attractive I must say..

We have both been on the phone non stop and met in person twice.

I am taking her out for a meal on Saturday night and then we are going to stay in my house and chill for the evening also she does have kids but that is fine with me

We both make each other laugh and she is wanting to settle down as am I..

She is not a big drinker at all and is very supportive of me not drinking.

She also has been researching everything to do with anxiety and ocd and has a great way of dealing with my other thinking and said she is not put off in the slightest

Also she works as a cleaner in a computer company in a town close by and is 37 years old
Ohhhh......that is just lovely. All around. My heart is singing.
So you know how it goes....take care of you, and I can hear that you are. Seriously awesome.

Very happy for you my friend. ♥♥
Old 05-21-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
24 more for me. Been struggling AGAIN. Sick of this!!
Wonderful to see you again love...sorry to hear you have been struggling.....well, you are in the right place. We got your back.
Sending huge hugs. ♥♥
Old 05-21-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Ohhhh......that is just lovely. All around. My heart is singing.
So you know how it goes....take care of you, and I can hear that you are. Seriously awesome.

Very happy for you my friend. ♥♥
Thank you Venus
Old 05-21-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Not quite awake and hoping my morning coffee will get me going through the morning sleep fog. I have an 8 am workout to get to - I walk there to get some easy cardio in before lifting weights.

Hoping this new Monday in this new week will bring the joy and sanity of sobriety without too much struggle to everyone. Another 24 for me please.