soberista ~ 2 months!
quitter62 ~ 1 year & 3 months!
SoberLeigh ~ 6 years & 3 months!

Old 03-03-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thank you, Venus! xxoo Aly
Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Nite Aly love and enjoy the mountain fun dear Quincy.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Nite, love, have a wonderful sleep.

Love ya,
Aly
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 7.10am
Old 03-03-2018, 11:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Old 03-03-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sometimes the enormity of it hits me. All those years I spent travelling down the wrong path and I never realised I was on the wrong path. I thought I was on the only path. And what would have happened if I'd never got off that path? What would I be doing now? What would I have lost? Usually the everyday stuff keeps me so busy, I don't have time to think about the big stuff but sometimes the enormity hits me. All those dangerous situations I put myself in.... alcohol could have killed me. It still wants to kill me. Sobriety has given me peace of mind and clarity of thought but more than that, sobriety has saved my life.... and the enormity of that has only just started to hit me. I will never regret my decision to stop drinking and I will never take this freedom for granted. So many people never get to experience it. That's enough pondering the big stuff for today.... my son left his power ranger toys outside before all the snow fell and we're about to embark on a rescue mission. The dog's getting involved and he doesn't have a clue what he's looking for. Thank goodness for the everyday stuff.... the everyday stuff cushions the blow when the enormity of the big stuff hits. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxx
Old 03-04-2018, 12:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 03-04-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Kenton, you are spot on, it seems to me. You reflect and learn from the past, think a bit about the future, then reground to the present. A good place to be. The 'what could have been' and 'what if (only)' thinking is counterproductive. Hard sometimes, but really the only moment we all have...is now.
Support to you.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Please count me in for another 24 hours clean and sober. I am 2 months sober today. Thank you for the shout out Venus. Not feeling very good but I am sure it will pass. I can't let go of the past and what a fool I have been. My marriage caused me so much pain and I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I need to keep busy but don't have anything to do. Sorry for the moan, again!
Old 03-04-2018, 01:19 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
24 more please - Still snowed in here but hopefully the end is in sight.
Was reading on fb, that the shops are out of bread and milk, but have loads of beer on their shelves - typical huh? Personally I'd settle for some toast and 'real' milk - not had either for 6 days now, but life goes on.
The joys of country living
Hugs x
Yes, I just heard the same thing on the radio, about there still being beer for sale, yep, that's Britain.

The snow has all gone down here, so I really feel for you. Hope it passes real soon.
Old 03-04-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Sometimes the enormity of it hits me. All those years I spent travelling down the wrong path and I never realised I was on the wrong path. I thought I was on the only path. And what would have happened if I'd never got off that path? What would I be doing now? What would I have lost? Usually the everyday stuff keeps me so busy, I don't have time to think about the big stuff but sometimes the enormity hits me. All those dangerous situations I put myself in.... alcohol could have killed me. It still wants to kill me. Sobriety has given me peace of mind and clarity of thought but more than that, sobriety has saved my life.... and the enormity of that has only just started to hit me. I will never regret my decision to stop drinking and I will never take this freedom for granted. So many people never get to experience it. That's enough pondering the big stuff for today.... my son left his power ranger toys outside before all the snow fell and we're about to embark on a rescue mission. The dog's getting involved and he doesn't have a clue what he's looking for. Thank goodness for the everyday stuff.... the everyday stuff cushions the blow when the enormity of the big stuff hits. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxx
Great honest post Kenton. Thank you for sharing.
I think that's where the gratitude comes in. It never occurred to me until I walked through the doors of AA for a while to be grateful for what I had. Even the most basic of things warrant a bit of gratitude in the early days. Roof over our head and enough food to eat? Yep thank God!
I've found myself having small moments of reflection about the past recently. In many way I just can't believe I allowed myself to be sucked so far in that I had little or no regard for the safety of myself and my girls. Of course that's addiction for you and like you said this is for life. Not "ooh I'm 1 year sober I'm cured!!!!!!!!"
For me trying to do the next right thing and supporting others who are struggling just about manages to keep my inner-saboteur in check. Just about lets me like myself. Just about allows me to forgive myself.
Like you I don't think I'll ever stop being utterly grateful for the gift of sobriety. Life will never be perfect of course but it's MY life and I cherish every sober day.
I shall join you on "slightly mad things we mums do for the sake of our kids". You can rescue toys and I'm off to find the perfect slime recipe!
I love you with a passion Kenton
Old 03-04-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Yes, I just heard the same thing on the radio, about there still being beer for sale, yep, that's Britain.

The snow has all gone down here, so I really feel for you. Hope it passes real soon.
Jack I was in Asda yesterday (other supermarkets are available lol!) and the Mothers Day aisle was floor to ceiling with Prosecco and other pink sparkling bottles of poison.
Honestly?
Why?
Grrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-04-2018, 01:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I love this post. Inspiring and great to read. (And the bit about the dog made me laugh.)

I am in for 24. Have a good day everyone.

Well done milestoners. At 5pm, I'l be one week from my relapse. Feeling very positive.
Next stop: 10 days, then 2 weeks, then a month, and so on............
Old 03-04-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by julietUK View Post
Morning everyone. Please count me in for another 24 hours clean and sober. I am 2 months sober today. Thank you for the shout out Venus. Not feeling very good but I am sure it will pass. I can't let go of the past and what a fool I have been. My marriage caused me so much pain and I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I need to keep busy but don't have anything to do. Sorry for the moan, again!
Errrrrr........hang on..........
Congratulations on 2 wonderful months Juliet!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you find some peace today and allow yourself a break from your own thoughts xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 03-04-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please!

Thanks
Old 03-04-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I wish you all a very merry 24 more clean and sober hours! And to all of us celebrating a milestone today, *****OO!!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning tomls!
Old 03-04-2018, 02:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

10:42am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 03-04-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Zeppo,

You know what you need to do. We all do. It's just doing it. Not an easy task but the only way out. Do it while you still can.. Before you lose everything. You know you can do this. You've done it before.

We have to change everything. Our stinking thinking. Not to be glib.

Go to aa, get a sponsor, pray and meditate. White knuckle it til it gets better and then don't get complacent. Discipline and Determination. You know sobriety is better than this. You never have to feel this way again. Talk to God.

I have to put my recovery ahead of everything else or I will lose it all. We all know that. Do what you need to do. Anything.

We are all here for you but you have to be there for yourself, as well.

Start now and make this day count.

Love yourself. Truly.
Beautiful words Kris...