# 241 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Checking in for 24 more💜
Old 12-15-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

24 more sober hours for me!
Old 12-15-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

"Anger is a powerful thing and if you don't know how to get to the root of it, you'll never overcome it."

5:55am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...
Old 12-15-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I made it thru the night, by the grace of God. Hot and cold, no sleep, sick to my stomach, etc. Im.sure you all know the drill. Onwards to day two. I'm in for the next 24 hours. Baby steps.... It's 8:32 am here. Still feel like crap.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.

Hang in there Stubbs.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

(((Stubbs))) So glad you are here with us & signing up for another 24. That's how we do this, One Day at a Time.

I'll have another 24 hours of freedom please. Congratulations to all Milestoners and love to all.....xxxx
Old 12-15-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

24 more hours of precious freedom please, with so much love to everyone.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
I made it thru the night, by the grace of God. Hot and cold, no sleep, sick to my stomach, etc. Im.sure you all know the drill. Onwards to day two. I'm in for the next 24 hours. Baby steps.... It's 8:32 am here. Still feel like crap.
You have been on my mind.

Try and remember to sip water through the day, and keep trying to eat small amounts of food....I know you feel awful, but you are doing really well!!

We are all here....sending love and hugs. ♥
Old 12-15-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
I had a sweet mince pie 2 days ago Nic and as soon as I took a bite I could taste it. Brandy infused apparently. I spat it out haha!
Lots of Christmas puddingy type things have got the dreaded poison in. Its a conspiracy I tell you!
Thanks for sharing Jo! We must be extra vigilant this time of year.
Last night I picked my way through a dinner. The host is a wonderful cook however he likes to 'spike' everything. I finally settled on 2 dishes out of a multi-course meal. Also, I still have a bad habit of counting drinks and lost track after everyone passed the 6 drink per person mark. Someone spilled their wine and it landed on my sweater. Thank goodness it was the same color as the wine! The conversation was great and I'm always pleased that I can still have fun sober, but I was also glad to leave the party. Plus I woke up hangover free! Sobriety never gets old.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Almost had an accidental slip.....
I took a mini frozen meal for lunch (a weight watchers prawn dish).. Was just about to microwave it up when I decided to read the back and it's cooked in a white wine sauce yikes! I need to stay more vigilant! That's what led to my last relapse (when my friends spiked my Mocktails with alcohol!!!)

I'm now enjoying a chicken salad from the local cafe x
Glad you're OK love....and yes, I am very vigilant with food, most of the time....a while back I ordered take away for us including flourless chocolate cake....who would have thought to ask if it had alcohol in it?

I was sitting here eating it and thinking that it tasted SO good, in fact, I could taste rum....and you know what I did? Nothing. I didn't say a word to Nick. I ate it.

The next day I said something....called myself out.

I don't know for sure that there was any alcohol at all in that cake, but I could have been in big big trouble. Suffice to say I won't be ordering it again.

So much love.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Wow bandi, what a night honey.
More power to you my friend.

Bet you've already washed the sweater.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I like that “ sobriety never gets old”

Good morning beautiful world of SR

In for another 24

Feelings

It's okay to have and feel our feelings - all of them.

Years into recovery, we may still be battling with ourselves about this issue. Of all the prohibitions we've lived with, this one is potentially the most damaging and the most long-lived.

Many of us needed to shut down the emotional part of ourselves to survive certain situations. We shut down the part of us that feels anger, sadness, fear, joy, and love. We may have turned off our sexual or sensual feelings too. Many of us lived in systems with people who refused to tolerate our emotions. We were shamed or reprimanded for expressing feelings, usually by people who were taught to repress their own.

But times have changed. It is okay now for us to acknowledge and accept our emotions. We don't need to allow our emotions to control us; neither do we need to allow our emotions to control us; neither do we need to rigidly repress our feelings. Our emotional center is a valuable part of us. It's connected to our physical well being, our thinking, and our spirituality.

Our feelings are also connected to that great gift, instinct. They enable us to give and receive love.

We are neither weak nor deficient for indulging in our feelings. It means we're becoming healthy and whole.

Today, I will allow myself to recognize and accept whatever feelings pass through me. Without shame, I will tune in to the emotional part of myself.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I had a similar experience recently. I was at an early brunch party; there was a beautiful fruit salad and I put a couple of tablespoons on my plate.

I began to eat the omelette and the fruit salad while enjoying the company of other guests. After a small forkful of the fruit salad, I soon realized that the unusual taste I experienced was alcohol - in a fruit salad of all things - and early in the morning, too. Good grief.

I wasn't triggered but thoroughly annoyed.
Wow. Again. What on earth has gotten into people?
Fruit salad?

Glad you noticed love....sheesh.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I had a sweet mince pie 2 days ago Nic and as soon as I took a bite I could taste it. Brandy infused apparently. I spat it out haha!
Lots of Christmas puddingy type things have got the dreaded poison in. Its a conspiracy I tell you!
Good point jojo darling....so much of the christmas goods have alcohol in them. Mince pies especially. And fruit cake....beware of fruit cake.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Thank goodness you spat it out jo!! I agree lol!!! It’s all a big test to help us right???!!!! Lol
Well, it's just really inconsiderate on the part of the manufacturers. As you said, many people cannot have alcohol for health or religious reasons and it is in SO many things.....fine.....but put it in LARGE print please. So we can make an educated choice.

Hopping off the soapbox now.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Honestly I was a teeny bit gutted at the time but inspected the pack in case it said %alcohol but it didn't. Phew! So we can add puddings and cake to our list of things to beware at Christmas!
Hope you're having a lovely cozy Friday night Nic. It's icy and snowy here and I'm relieved I managed the dreaded school run!
Fancy another 24? I think I'll join you! ❤❤❤
jojo ~ May I please get the details of that mince pie?

That is NOT ok. I don't think it's even legal. They need an email.

(OK, so I didn't get off the soapbox for long.....)
Old 12-15-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Here for 24 more.

I really wish I could have slept in to make up for yesterday's 3 am wake up but it's not happening! Got some budgeting done already and now I'm off to the gym. I had a great therapy session last night and it helped me clarify just how much of an intimacy issue I have and how much it is wrapped up with my history of substance abuse. I feel bad for my husband, quite honestly, but perhaps if we were in a good place emotionally I would feel more comfortable being intimate. I'm not sure how to be physical without alcohol and that's the truth. So I avoid it at all costs and by that I mean 100%.

Maybe I'll write a thread on the topic as I'm sure I can't be the only one??

Anyway, off to work out some of this holiday stress although quite frankly I'm feeling pretty tired right now. Hoping to get my second wind once I get there.

Love you all and congrats to those celebrating today!
Not sure if you have started a thread yet love, but I think it's a really good idea....I know that many of us here could talk frankly if this was in the women's forum....I'm betting there will be lots of shared experiences and good advice.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wow bandi, what a night honey.
More power to you my friend.

Bet you've already washed the sweater.
Good morning Suze.
Lol, yes! It's soaking as we speak.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

^^^ ♥♥♥
Old 12-15-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
jojo ~ May I please get the details of that mince pie?

That is NOT ok. I don't think it's even legal. They need an email.

(OK, so I didn't get off the soapbox for long.....)
Thetes a supermarket here called Morrisons. It was their "The Best" mini mince pies and in small writing "Brandy infused mincemeat" ........ I won't make that mistake again Suze I can tell you!
Lots of love hun xxxx