Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 46

Old 07-05-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Good morning Julyers! All is well here. Day 42. In a row! Off work today and planning on taking my laziness to new heights. It's good to have goals.
, Casey. 42 days is great!!!! So happy for you.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Have a great day, peaceful night, dear Julyers.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Love and Peace for all.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Lol Leigh ... & Gilmer, if you're running to the fridge, youre doing it right girlfriend
Old 07-05-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of investing in a drone so I never have to leave the couch!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I don't want to give in but living like this is hopeless. I know I am ill but I can't keep fighting. I do, but it's exhausting and demoralizing and agonizingly lonely. I try to sleep, but dream of losing Larry. I almost called a helpline. A friend hasn't responded to a message. I implored my sister to be in touch, she hasn't. All I would like is some human acknowledgement of the fact that this is hard.
Drunk or not I'm not living. I see my psychiatrist next week. I've exhausted all forms of treatment. I don't even know why I'm posting. There are times I regret, I really do, not being able to drink to numb out. Life is horrible.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I'm thinking of investing in a drone so I never have to leave the couch!
A clever idea, Gilmer!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
I don't want to give in but living like this is hopeless. I know I am ill but I can't keep fighting. I do, but it's exhausting and demoralizing and agonizingly lonely. I try to sleep, but dream of losing Larry. I almost called a helpline. A friend hasn't responded to a message. I implored my sister to be in touch, she hasn't. All I would like is some human acknowledgement of the fact that this is hard.
Drunk or not I'm not living. I see my psychiatrist next week. I've exhausted all forms of treatment. I don't even know why I'm posting. There are times I regret, I really do, not being able to drink to numb out. Life is horrible.
(((((Sweet Leshar))))

I wish I knew the solution.

I know that we are only virtual but we do care, very much so.

Please be totally forthcoming with your psychiatrist next week; she/he needs to know exactly how and what you are feeling.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand its hard Leshar - saying I know things will get better again is not meant to dismiss your feelings

Personally I think giving up would be harder. Been there done that. Not good.

Maybe it is time to touch base with your Dr or therapist again as a move for your own welfare?

D
Old 07-05-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers.

Majorly tired.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We know how badly you're suffering, Leshar. But I doubt that the depths of depression and despair have pummeled any of us as long or as relentlessly as they have you.

We know you're suffering horribly. We stand here by your side, even though there's probably nothing any of us can say that you haven't heard or thought before.

I am praying that there will be a new medicine you can try that will really turn things around.

And I'll bet they might be able to encourage you somewhat on the hotline. I don't think you actually have to have your head in the noose to qualify for their care.

You're about as down as down can get, and you've been suffering a long time.

Perhaps they will give you an angle to consider that you hadn't considered before.

Just a question: do you ask any higher power to be with you in your affliction? I believe that there is one person who fully understands your hopelessness and mental anguish, and he will stand with you and guide you better than any mortal being can, and can soothe and carry you even when you are certain that you cannot go on.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds. I continue to pray for your complete restoration to health and comfort.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

For sure you should have called the Helpline, Leshar.

Seriously, just being to talk and cry it out anonymously and feel the wretchedness and express it, might just help.

I've used them before, nothing to lose. Share the load.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
We know how badly you're suffering, Leshar. But I doubt that the depths of depression and despair have pummeled any of us as long or as relentlessly as they have you.

We know you're suffering horribly. We stand here by your side, even though there's probably nothing any of us can say that you haven't heard or thought before.

I am praying that there will be a new medicine you can try that will really turn things around.

And I'll bet they might be able to encourage you somewhat on the hotline. I don't think you actually have to have your head in the noose to qualify for their care.

You're about as down as down can get, and you've been suffering a long time.

Perhaps they will give you an angle to consider that you hadn't considered before.

Just a question: do you ask any higher power to be with you in your affliction? I believe that there is one person who fully understands your hopelessness and mental anguish, and he will stand with you and guide you better than any mortal being can, and can soothe and carry you even when you are certain that you cannot go on.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds. I continue to pray for your complete restoration to health and comfort.
This.

Amen.

So much love to you, Leshar.

You, too, Gilmer.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Love to the Julyers.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

My brain is fried a bit right now, so I can't remember if I posted on the 3rd or not, but I meant to....Best wishes on 4 years sober, Leshar.

It may not feel like an achievement, but having heard a very sad story this week about alcoholism, which I won't share now, I'm still very grateful, that although you are in pain, this is the genuine version of you.

There may not be much brightness in this dark patch, but Larry would be proud of you for making a start on getting out of that murk of drinking. I wish I could find the words to magically fix how you feel, but I cant, but the wishing I could is there, Leshar.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

So is our deep, abiding affection, Leshar.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Thank you, everyone.
❤️ to you, Leshar.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Oh my!
I missed Leshar's anniversary date.
I had to look into your profile after Crois mentioned it.
Always so much going on that week here in the U.S.
I'm so sorry.

I'm so happy that you are part of this class,Leshar. I enjoy hearing about your exploits in the plays you get involved in. Good lord, I would never have the courage to do that.

Congratulations on 4 years, Leshar!!!

Old 07-06-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good evening, Bob.