24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 262

Old 06-27-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Count me in, please

Love to all

Leigh
Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

In for another 24. Headed out for a walk with the dog and taking some pics for a photography contest. Congrats to all of those with Milestones today!

10:03 am
Old 06-27-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

—Helen Keller

In the game of musical chairs, everyone walks around a circle of chairs. When the music stops, they scramble for the nearest open chair. If we were playing this game and found the nearest chairs taken, wouldn't we quickly look around for the next open one? To remain immobilized, angry that the chair we wanted was taken, would undoubtedly lose our place in the game.

Sometimes in life, we set our sights on a particular chair. Perhaps there is an award we want to win, or we want to be the high scorer on our team. Perhaps there is a promotion or a job we would like to get. When we do not get what we want, it is easy to keep looking at what we didn't get instead of seeing all we have.

It is important to be grateful for what we have - for the open doors and empty chairs waiting and inviting our attention. Loss and disappointment are a part of life - but the music will play again and our lives can move on.

What is available to me today?
Old 06-27-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Often God shuts a door in our face, and then subsequently opens the door through which we need to go.

—Catherine Marshall

We try and try to control the events of our lives. And not seldom the events in others' lives, too. The occasions are frequent when our will conflicts with God's. Then for a time we feel at a loss. Our direction is uncertain. But always, always, another door opens. A better way beckons. How stubborn we are! And how simple life would be were we to daily, fully, turn our will and our lives over to the care of God. God's help and direction in all things are always available. Turning a deaf ear is like trying to find a seat in a darkened movie theater unaided by the usher.

Every experience is softened when we face it accompanied by our higher power. Any past struggle, any present fear, is a testament to our attempts to do it alone. Too frequently we forge ahead, alone, only to have our way blocked. The detours need never be there. No door closes unless there is a better way. Divine order will prevail.

There is no need to struggle, today. I will breathe deeply and take my higher power with me, wherever I go. And the doors will be open for as far as I can see.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I hope I follow those readings one day, I like them .
24 more for this grateful alcoholic
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I am really down today. I need to stop counting days because I don't have enough. Two months is nothing. It feels like so much longer. There is so much to do--I just feel lost and worried that I won't be able to put my life back together as fast as I need to. I need to find a new job and new friendships--I am alone. It's just one of those days where it feels like too much but I will not drink. I may not see any hope but it's there.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
I am really down today. I need to stop counting days because I don't have enough. Two months is nothing. It feels like so much longer. There is so much to do--I just feel lost and worried that I won't be able to put my life back together as fast as I need to. I need to find a new job and new friendships--I am alone. It's just one of those days where it feels like too much but I will not drink. I may not see any hope but it's there.
(((((((((Red))))))

The only thing that matters is that we are sober today. All of our sober todays are exactly the same.

Please be kind, gentle and patient with our very dear Red.

Sending you love, Red.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainypnw View Post
In for another 24. Headed out for a walk with the dog and taking some pics for a photography contest. Congrats to all of those with Milestones today!

10:03 am
Very cool, rainypnw.

Enjoy
Old 06-27-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

—Helen Keller

In the game of musical chairs, everyone walks around a circle of chairs. When the music stops, they scramble for the nearest open chair. If we were playing this game and found the nearest chairs taken, wouldn't we quickly look around for the next open one? To remain immobilized, angry that the chair we wanted was taken, would undoubtedly lose our place in the game.

Sometimes in life, we set our sights on a particular chair. Perhaps there is an award we want to win, or we want to be the high scorer on our team. Perhaps there is a promotion or a job we would like to get. When we do not get what we want, it is easy to keep looking at what we didn't get instead of seeing all we have.

It is important to be grateful for what we have - for the open doors and empty chairs waiting and inviting our attention. Loss and disappointment are a part of life - but the music will play again and our lives can move on.

What is available to me today?
Thank you, dear erfra; thank you.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Often God shuts a door in our face, and then subsequently opens the door through which we need to go.

—Catherine Marshall

We try and try to control the events of our lives. And not seldom the events in others' lives, too. The occasions are frequent when our will conflicts with God's. Then for a time we feel at a loss. Our direction is uncertain. But always, always, another door opens. A better way beckons. How stubborn we are! And how simple life would be were we to daily, fully, turn our will and our lives over to the care of God. God's help and direction in all things are always available. Turning a deaf ear is like trying to find a seat in a darkened movie theater unaided by the usher.

Every experience is softened when we face it accompanied by our higher power. Any past struggle, any present fear, is a testament to our attempts to do it alone. Too frequently we forge ahead, alone, only to have our way blocked. The detours need never be there. No door closes unless there is a better way. Divine order will prevail.

There is no need to struggle, today. I will breathe deeply and take my higher power with me, wherever I go. And the doors will be open for as far as I can see.
And for this, too, erfra
  # 151 (permalink)  

10:25 in California and checking in for another 24. I finally fell asleep close to 2:00, and actually was able to sleep until about 8:00. Just finished cleaning a little, and heading to the gym with the kids, and then getting my hair cut and colored today, way too many grays are attempting to pop up.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

❤️Delilah
  # 152 (permalink)  

I hope I follow those readings one day, I like them .
24 more for this grateful alcoholic
My beautiful friend.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Hello there , I been there a few week ago with 4 year , but 2 months is something big to alcoholics like us .be proud
for us the normal is to have a alcoholic drink in our hands and you my dear friend are doing the abnormal thing.
You may not see it but your life is healing little by little is putting together. You are never alone , friends will came by themselves , job too.
Do you have a HP? Is you do give your worries to it/him/she he will take care for you.
Love and hugs dear RBJ.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hello there , I been there a few week ago with 4 year , but 2 months is something big to alcoholics like us .be proud
for us the normal is to have a alcoholic drink in our hands and you my dear friend are doing the abnormal thing.
You may not see it but your life is healing little by little is putting together. You are never alone , friends will came by themselves , job too.
Do you have a HP? Is you do give your worries to it/him/she he will take care for you.
Love and hugs dear RBJ.
, erfra
Old 06-27-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Old 06-27-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Old 06-27-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

^^^^^^ Especially ourselves!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

^^^^^ Especiaaly love # 3.

You are each a beautiful and treasured gift to me.