Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 45

Old 06-24-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Suze,
I am so sorry to hear that you have received some nasty messages. There is absolutely no excuse for that!
Just try to ignore them; they are clueless. They have no idea about everything you are dealing with.
It makes me sad and mad; you have enough going on without dealing with hateful folks.
Hugs, love and support,
Croutie
Old 06-24-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croutie View Post
Suze,
I am so sorry to hear that you have received some nasty messages. There is absolutely no excuse for that!
Just try to ignore them; they are clueless. They have no idea about everything you are dealing with.
It makes me sad and mad; you have enough going on without dealing with hateful folks.
Hugs, love and support,
Croutie

Old 06-24-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Thank you. ♥♥♥

We have a choice to lead with love....I am glad that's what we do here in this thread.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Just finished making a big Greek salad to bring to a cookout tonight. I got a couple of gigantic and really bizarre-looking "Heirloom" tomatoes (weird, exaggeratedly misshapen purplish green things) that are supposedly unusually delicious).

Certain members of my family were suspicious: they wondered if the tomatoes were from outer space! They were puzzled when they examined them and discovered that they were in fact not rotten and turning black, but actually firm and fresh!

I diced up two of those, plus a large English cucumber, plus a small bit of Vidalia onion, plus a small can of sliced black olives, and a small tub of crumbled feta cheese. A little salt and pepper, then half a bottle of Wishbone Greek Vinaigrette.

I made it over an hour ago. The flavors are now melding in the refrigerator, and hopefully it will be chilled and very refreshing in the late afternoon sun.

I'm also going to bring a party-size pan of Stouffer's Mac-and Cheese.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Don't know what the mac and cheese stuff is....not familiar with that yet, but the salad sounds completely awesome Gilmer love!!!

Hope it's a lovely evening for you.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Just finished making a big Greek salad to bring to a cookout tonight. I got a couple of gigantic and really bizarre-looking "Heirloom" tomatoes (weird, exaggeratedly misshapen purplish green things) that are supposedly unusually delicious).

Certain members of my family were suspicious: they wondered if the tomatoes were from outer space! They were puzzled when they examined them and discovered that they were in fact not rotten and turning black, but actually firm and fresh!

I diced up two of those, plus a large English cucumber, plus a small bit of Vidalia onion, plus a small can of sliced black olives, and a small tub of crumbled feta cheese. A little salt and pepper, then half a bottle of Wishbone Greek Vinaigrette.

I made it over an hour ago. The flavors are now melding in the refrigerator, and hopefully it will be chilled and very refreshing in the late afternoon sun.

I'm also going to bring a party-size pan of Stouffer's Mac-and Cheese.
Yummy stuff, Gilmer
Old 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Dearest Suze,
It is so nice to see you here again. I know you have been very busy and going through some challenges, to say the least. I can hardly believe that you have received nasty messages here. That is just so unkind and uncalled for. I suppose it's best to block those people, put them on ignore.
You have made some difficult choices, but at the core of the matter is love and faith and that is so worth striving for. But take care of yourself, that's all I would ask. You are such a giving person, you must too, remember yourself.
No, I could not go back to medicine now, I gave up my licence and association dues, they were costing me too much money. I have to remember that the last couple of years, I was unhappy in my profession and then I had dear Larry to lean on at the end of the day. It would be too much, I'd likely not be able to continue and would be unreliable and letting patients down. Larry didn't want me to go back. He told my friends to not let me go back, he knew I was unhappy.
I guess I worry about money and this house needs a lot of upgrades, but I will manage, I don't live large and have always been a bit frugal. My brother and his wife are moving into a 3500 square foot, 3 million dollar home soon, with an elevator! Just the two of them. Who needs all that space! And it's very overlooked by neighbours. Their current home is so nice and private and bright. Guess I mention this because I never aspired to have bigger and better. My house is small but quite adequate, just needs upgrades.
My dreaded birthday is December 1st. 50 felt ok, but 60, heck no.
I just have to keep on, and being sober, I have a better chance to do this.

Love to all.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Don't know what the mac and cheese stuff is....not familiar with that yet, but the salad sounds completely awesome Gilmer love!!!

Hope it's a lovely evening for you.
You've never had Mac 'n Cheese
Old 06-24-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Gilmer, your salad sounds delicious!
Enjoy the cookout!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi guys,

Jumping straight back in without reading yet....thank you Snoozy and Leshar for coming to get me. I love you girls just so much. I love all of you in this thread....you are my people.

I have been through a very tough time, and a very confusing one....everything got thrown up in the air and I wasn't at all sure how the cards were going to fall, so to speak. I know, none of us ever are, but for me, this has been huge.

And while I have been trying to work out where I go from here, where Nick and I go from here, I have been dealing with some really nasty messages from a few people in my inbox here....I get scared to look at my PMs.

So, it's all been very surreal. I am just glad that there are lots of friends here who still care and want me around.

I will try and catch up....but for now just huge hugs. ♥
Old 06-24-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Haha, Mac and cheese! My favourite comfort food! You haven't lived, Suze!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

^^^^^^ Happiness is the best revenge!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Dearest Suze,
It is so nice to see you here again. I know you have been very busy and going through some challenges, to say the least. I can hardly believe that you have received nasty messages here. That is just so unkind and uncalled for. I suppose it's best to block those people, put them on ignore.
You have made some difficult choices, but at the core of the matter is love and faith and that is so worth striving for. But take care of yourself, that's all I would ask. You are such a giving person, you must too, remember yourself.
No, I could not go back to medicine now, I gave up my licence and association dues, they were costing me too much money. I have to remember that the last couple of years, I was unhappy in my profession and then I had dear Larry to lean on at the end of the day. It would be too much, I'd likely not be able to continue and would be unreliable and letting patients down. Larry didn't want me to go back. He told my friends to not let me go back, he knew I was unhappy.
I guess I worry about money and this house needs a lot of upgrades, but I will manage, I don't live large and have always been a bit frugal. My brother and his wife are moving into a 3500 square foot, 3 million dollar home soon, with an elevator! Just the two of them. Who needs all that space! And it's very overlooked by neighbours. Their current home is so nice and private and bright. Guess I mention this because I never aspired to have bigger and better. My house is small but quite adequate, just needs upgrades.
My dreaded birthday is December 1st. 50 felt ok, but 60, heck no.
I just have to keep on, and being sober, I have a better chance to do this.

Love to all.

Thank you for explaining all of that.....and....just an idea.....how would you feel about taking on a job like medical receptionist part-time? In the right place? Give some comfort and skilled help and add a little income?

Just a thought.....

Yep, who needs all that space. Really. And if the power goes out, gosh, being stuck in that elevator would scare me silly.

Keeping it simple is good for me, for all for us I think.

And thank you for your understanding and support and love. ♥♥♥
Old 06-24-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Haha, Mac and cheese! My favourite comfort food! You haven't lived, Suze!
OK....so what kind do I buy?

I need to know the right brand to try....I am not very fond of the yellow cheese here....
Old 06-24-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Basically mac and cheese stands for macaroni and cheese (actually a cheese sauce. Easy to google). Some recipes call for browned, crunchy breadcrumbs on top, but Stouffer's is a frozen tin that you bake for 70 mins and it's ready to go.

I don't know if the goo-iness and fat content of mac and cheese would please you, Suze--but you'll never go wrong bringing it to a pot-luck dinner!

Bad news: the verdict on the heirloom tomatoes is in. Thumbs down. Apparently they're too soft and don't provide enough tomato flavor to the mix. I thought that was supposed to be their big claim to fame: superior flavor!

Oh, well. It'll be better than a sharp stick in the eye--or better than a kick in the head, as I've heard they say in Oz.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Mac and cheese is usually made with either orange or white sharp cheddar, Suze (NOT yellow American). Plus the sauce contains milk and I believe eggs. If you can find dairy products you can tolerate, you can experiment and see which type of cheese melts and tastes best for you.

Some enjoy it when it's made with the processed orange cheese products Velveeta or Cheez Whiz (yes, you read that correctly:
C-H-E-E-Z). I guarantee you would hate that kind.

Similarly, you'd also no doubt hate the beloved American classic Kraft brand Mac and Cheese (a box mix).
Old 06-24-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hmmm...very surprised about the heirloom tomatoes.

And thank you....I will find check out the Stouffer's, but I fear you're right love and I will not be able to eat any of these things. We shall see.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:03 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Cheddar isn't actually isn't the best cheese for melting--if it cooks too long it turns to straight oil!

I have heard that Gruyere is good, but have never tried it.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you can find some Aussie or Kiwi cheese Suze

D
Old 06-24-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I tried Dee....no luck so far, but I believe I can get Mainland cheese here somehow. Have to keep trying I guess.