Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 51

Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I hope the antibiotics work fast, Toots!

Duff, I'm glad you'll probably have the hearing after all today,

That's amazing that you were at Walmart right at the exact moment to get the Dasani!
Old 09-06-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Duff, you probably know you need to prep bug out bags and keep the car gassed up.

We started getting evacuees at the motel yesterday. My folks had spent less than a week at PCB when they decided to get out.

Looking at the satellite, Irma will reach coast to coast if it goes up the center of Florida. Be safe and be ready to run.

The rest of the Southeast is more at risk now that the forecast path is more inland.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Toots --hope you feel better real soon.
Duff---I talked to my girlfriend last night by text and she lives in Fort Myers and it is scary not knowing where It is going. I will be praying for you.
Hi Marchers ! and hugs to all of you.
Babs
Old 09-06-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
Duff, I'll be thinking of you in court! If he ticks you off, just picture me going all Italian on him. ;-)
We, that really did make me laugh!! I will picture that because of course he'll tick me off and hopefully I won't laugh out loud in court!

Sooooo...we met during Hurricane Frances in '04, I guess it's fitting that we divorce during Irma.

Things are crazed here, massive lines at the pumps, food shelves empty, everything closing, it's all anyone can talk about, yet I'm oddly calm tonight. I think yesterday was a lot for me, the morning in court and told to continue the hearing today, not knowing if our trial date would be continued (it wasn't), the panic of the storm. As of right now I'm staying put. That can change at any point but thinking I'm going to ride it out.

Thank you again for all your prayers, I might sound brave right now but we're going to need it.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Duff I hope you haven't suffered too badly from Irma, the destruction she caused on the island of Barbuda was heart breaking.
It looks like being a really crappy hurricane season.

Be strong through the divorce case, you can and will see the sunshine on the other side of this.

I'm still feeling rough, the worst is that I haven't had any quality of sleep since Saturday. And by quality I mean a run of at least 3 hours. The last full night was last Thursday. At present im lucky to get an hour before either shakes, sweats or pain drags me awake. I'm exhausted, which is making me tearful, and am staggering around like I had one too many. Did I really live like this??
Of course I am on my own so nobody to sympathise or make me chicken soup, which is making me feel even more pitiful ( though I hate being fussed over, it would be nice if someone tried!)
Hubby will return tomorrow, hoping and expecting me to be back to normal and wondering why I have done nothing around the house.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Sending thoughts, prayers, big hugs and whatever else any of you needs!
Old 09-07-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I know, Toots, isn't it shocking that we used to make ourselves sick like that on purpose! I wish I could make you some chicken noodle soup and have it delivered to your doorstep. Hopefully you are getting sleep right now and will be on the mend quickly.

I can't really watch the news about the Caribbean right now. I've been to most of the islands and I just...I just can't right now.

Irma's still a few days away but it looks terrifying. I have supplies, a full tank of gas, cash. I live in brand new construction and have hurricane impact glass windows but ... ugh. Is it enough? I'm worried about my parents who live on the intercostal and close to the beach. I'm worried about my dad's heart condition and ... ugh. I'm just worried, worried, worried.

The good news is the dogs have enough food to last until 2018! Lol, priorities. During our trip to Walmart the boys and I filled our cart with dog food. It's not the fancy brand they're used to but we all make sacrifices during an emergency lol.

Anyway, just got back from walking them and it is eerily quiet out there. No one getting ready to go to work, no school buses picking up kids. My westie was a neurotic mess, ears pinned back, jumping at every tiny noise, I'm sure she senses something is up.

I imagine power/internet will be an issue for some days but I will try to check in as soon as I can. It's Thursday and we're not expecting to feel any effects until Saturday and the hit on Sunday.

Thank you for your prayers, we really, really need them. xoxo
Old 09-07-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Be safe everyone ! My prayers are with all of you.
Hang in there Toots ---
doing ok myself---I'm taking comfort in just being sober.
Hugs
Babs
Old 09-07-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for everyone this weekend

D
Old 09-08-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Toots, feel better soon!

Duff, the devastation in the Caribbean is unbelievable. I, too, have been to a number of the islands. It's hard to imagine. Sending many, many prayers for your safety and for all who will be affected by this storm.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

How's it going Toots?
Hi Everyone ! Just popped in to say Hi !
Babs
Old 09-08-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

How are your spirits today, Babs?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking Gilmer ! ! I'm good. Glad to have a few ugly days behind me.
Changing that attitude really helps. You know what ? It is what it is ! !
Somethings you can't change ---Only if you want to.
Hugs everyone !
Babs
Old 09-09-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Yes, Babs - I often remind myself with the Serenity prayer.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-52-a.html

D