24 more please
Have a great Day !
ODAAT we can do this !
Babs
Wishing you a very great day, too, sweet Babs
Old 05-26-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gregknight View Post
Good morning, all! Checking in from Idaho with a burning commitment to 24 more hours of freedom!

Tack room-La Purisima Mission, California.

p.s., I don't know what is going on venuscat, but you are definitely in my prayer intentions for the day.
A burning commitment - love it, gregknight!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
Happy Friday beautiful sober people!! Count me in for another 24.

I'm starting Day #12 and heading into my second sober weekend. Usually a holiday weekend meant partying all night, every night, and not remembering much of anything. Not this weekend. I am feeling terrific and don't want any of that craziness again. Thank you all for being here.

Wishing all of you a safe and sober day. Suze and Nick... I don't know what's going on either, but you are both in my thoughts and prayers.
very happy for you, Surrender!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi everyone. Just checking in (very late I know). Holiday going well. Drink everywhere if I want it but I just don't fancy it how weird! Take care all ❤❤❤
It's part of the 'new you' dear jo!!!!!!!!

on, girl!!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi everyone. Just checking in (very late I know). Holiday going well. Drink everywhere if I want it but I just don't fancy it how weird! Take care all ❤❤❤
And have a very fine Holiday, jo.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
0200, Sat. Going to try to sleep, very fatigued.
Wishing you the sweetest of dreams, dear PhoenixJ.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi everyone....I don't have the anniversary list unfortunately.
So very sorry. s

If it is your anniversary today or tomorrow, please let me know....thank you.

And thank you guys for helping me...
Old 05-26-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Same to you Leigh

Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
De risen, mom amie. Un beau jour pour vous
Sorry - de rien.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
In for 24 more here in a cloudy & windy WI.
My wind chimes are sounding like the wind chimes from the movie 'Twister'! Thankfully, I really love storms and I am not too spooked! lol
Love wind chimes!!!!

Enjoy, ChloeRose!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Good afternoon, Leigh!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Count me in, please.

Love to all.

Leigh
Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I and good morning beautiful shiny people
I been in anger mood toward me, God, time, death, love,
I need to learn to let go.
Tonight I'm celebrating my 4 year cake at my home group you all are invited my daughter in law is making 3 leches cake, huuummmm yummy.
With all of your support in all this year's I couldn't make it thank you from my heart. Love you all, oh and hugs all around.

Thought for the Day

In twelfth step work, the fourth thing is conversion. Conversion means change. Prospects must learn to change their way of thinking. Until now, everything they've done has been connected with drinking. Now they must face a new kind of life, without liquor. They must see and admit that they cannot overcome drinking by their own willpower, so they must turn to a Higher Power for help. They must start each day by asking this Higher Power for the strength to stay sober. This conversion to belief in a Higher Power comes gradually, as they try it and find that it works. Do I care enough about other alcoholics to help them to make this conversion?

Meditation for the Day

Discipline of yourself is absolutely necessary before the power of God is given to you. When you see others manifesting the power of God, you probably have not seen the discipline that went before. They made themselves ready. All your life is a preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that you are ready for it. So keep disciplining your self in the spiritual life every day. Learn so much of the spiritual laws that your life cannot again be a failure. Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward discipline in your daily living.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may manifest God's power in my daily living. I pray that I may discipline myself so as to be ready to meet every opportunity.

24 more for this alcoholic that is grateful today
Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Tonight I'm celebrating my 4 year cake at my home group you all are invited my daughter in law is making 3 leches cake, huuummmm yummy.
With all of your support in all this year's I couldn't make it thank you from my heart. Love you all, oh and hugs all around.

Thought for the Day

In twelfth step work, the fourth thing is conversion. Conversion means change. Prospects must learn to change their way of thinking. Until now, everything they've done has been connected with drinking. Now they must face a new kind of life, without liquor. They must see and admit that they cannot overcome drinking by their own willpower, so they must turn to a Higher Power for help. They must start each day by asking this Higher Power for the strength to stay sober. This conversion to belief in a Higher Power comes gradually, as they try it and find that it works. Do I care enough about other alcoholics to help them to make this conversion?

Meditation for the Day

Discipline of yourself is absolutely necessary before the power of God is given to you. When you see others manifesting the power of God, you probably have not seen the discipline that went before. They made themselves ready. All your life is a preparation for more good to be accomplished when God knows that you are ready for it. So keep disciplining your self in the spiritual life every day. Learn so much of the spiritual laws that your life cannot again be a failure. Others will see the outward manifestation of the inward discipline in your daily living.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may manifest God's power in my daily living. I pray that I may discipline myself so as to be ready to meet every opportunity.

Thank you, dear erfra, as always, for enriching my prayer life.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post

Thought for the Day

Meditation for the Day

Prayer for the Day

I wish that we could all be there tonight to celebrate with you!!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Holding good thoughts for you Suze. Lots of love and gentle virtual hugs from across the miles.

I'm done with day 6 and am relaxing in my bed for an early night.

I'm feeling much better than yesterday after a decent nights sleep last night, and today has been good in many ways, so I feel blessed to be going to sleep sober and with a tired smile on my face. Nothing like that deep breath you take when you finally sit with only yourself and realise that all is well.

Thoughts and prayers going up for all those who need it. Love to all. X
Old 05-26-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Holding good thoughts for you Suze. Lots of love and gentle virtual hugs from across the miles.

I'm done with day 6 and am relaxing in my bed for an early night.

I'm feeling much better than yesterday after a decent nights sleep last night, and today has been good in many ways, so I feel blessed to be going to sleep sober and with a tired smile on my face. Nothing like that deep breath you take when you finally sit with only yourself and realise that all is well.

Thoughts and prayers going up for all those who need it. Love to all. X
It's the gift of sobriety and recovery that just keeps on giving and giving and giving.

, dear mysti.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24 hours. Today is day 1 of my retreat (Nyung Nä practice) and the lama prepped us last night. Ooh, its going to be a long few days ! Still looking forward to it ! Not sure how I will be responding by Monday morning

Congrats to all the milestoners ! You, all at SR and all those still actively suffering will be in my practice.

Another 24 hours of serenity, compassion and sobriety pls ! Its 4:31am here !
Old 05-26-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Checking in for 24 hours. Today is day 1 of my retreat (Nyung Nä practice) and the lama prepped us last night. Ooh, its going to be a long few days ! Still looking forward to it ! Not sure how I will be responding by Monday morning

Congrats to all the milestoners ! You, all at SR and all those still actively suffering will be in my practice.

Another 24 hours of serenity, compassion and sobriety pls ! Its 4:31am here !
Wishing you a wonderful retreat, Kaneda!