Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 41

Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Pete! As I'm sure you know I've had my share of struggles with this disease. My drinking really progressed when my oldest daughter turned 1. Being a new parent is hard and this disease will tell us that "we deserve a drink" or "it will lessen the anxiety/pressure". Nope. The one thing that always helps get back on track is posting/staying close to here. Hope you'll stick around.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm posting this because I need to be honest with everyone and stay accountable. This past Sunday, on Day 52, I made a very bad decision. I didn't use any of the tools I have when the craving hit. Day 2 now. I met with my sponsor yesterday and she said I need to get to more meetings and we need to start working the steps. I have been putting it (starting the steps) off, but now I think I need to do this. Nothing else has worked for me.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you all. I am very disappointed in myself, believe me. I'm going to keep moving forward and adding more to my recovery until this sticks for good.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Old 04-25-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

You haven't dissapointed me Ladybug x
Old 04-25-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
I'm posting this because I need to be honest with everyone and stay accountable. This past Sunday, on Day 52, I made a very bad decision. I didn't use any of the tools I have when the craving hit. Day 2 now. I met with my sponsor yesterday and she said I need to get to more meetings and we need to start working the steps. I have been putting it (starting the steps) off, but now I think I need to do this. Nothing else has worked for me.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you all. I am very disappointed in myself, believe me. I'm going to keep moving forward and adding more to my recovery until this sticks for good.
No disappointment here, LB2.

Working the steps seems to help so very many people; so glad that you are taking this action.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Suze that was our lovely Gilmer who asked about freezing the Anzac Bickies .

My mother in law used to make THE best Anzac. Bickies ever. I miss that.

I'm home from work now, I'm too tired to visit Angie, I've spoken to her today. She's feeling better but poor love, her hair is falling out.

I've worked the last 7 days & I really just was longing to get home, have my shower to wash work away then into my PJs .

Angie has to stay in hospital longer now. Her white blood cell count needs to rise more before she will be allowed home.

She's not happy about that at all but the rest will be doing her good.

I'll feel a lot better after I've rested too. I'm watching CATFISH on Foxtel ....
Geez people are weird. So many liars and fraudsters out there. But still....I couldn't look away ..haha
Prayers continue, Snooz, many prayers.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Gilmer, Lyles golden syrup brings me back to my childhood in N. Ireland! I loved the stuff. Can still taste it licking it off a spoon!

I don't know why the crowd at the theatre just don't seem to have taken to me. I'm friendly and work hard. I don't mean to go on about it, but I honestly wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Barbara has just come on board and ppl are friendly towards her. The same folk seem a bit standoffish with me. In sobriety, I really want to learn about how I interact with ppl and genuinely own if I'm rubbing ppl the wrong way, breaking theatre etiquette or what not. I really can't see where I've gone wrong. It's disappointing and a bit frustrating. I'm really doing my best and when actors forget to take off props, as far as I know, it's my job to remind them, especially if another actor has to then enter with said prop. Perhaps they feel I'm a nag? One actor seemed frustrated because another keeps forgetting to take off the prop she then uses. Maybe I should not interferes do let the director note it. I feel uncomfortable that I may have embarrassed an actor. I don't know.

Bob, many thoughts and good wishes to you and your dear wife.
((((Leshar)))). You are perfect just the way you are.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I find that some theatre loveys can be shallow and pretentious.
It may be they don't resonate too well with a real person Leshar

D
^^^^ This. It is likely they who are strange.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Leshar, my mum used to say 'There's nowt so funny as folk'. Tis true.
'Tis, 'Tis, 'Tis
Old 04-25-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Petecrab View Post
Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

Ive been avoiding coming on for some time as Ive not had the best few months and unfortunately let myself down. Maybe its the stress of busy work and being a new father. I will be checking in alot more to get back on track.

x
So good to see you, Pete.

Hope you stay close.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and your wife, Bob. Lifting prayers, too.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful day/night, all.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

The test were not done so they postponed the meeting with the surgeon till tomorrow at 2:30 pm.
My wife called me as I was driving home from work at noon. So I went back to work so I can leave early tomorrow.
She looks and feels great. Turns out her auntie had the same type of lump. And it turned out to be nothing. We are hoping and praying that this is the case with our situation.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
The test were not done so they postponed the meeting with the surgeon till tomorrow at 2:30 pm.
My wife called me as I was driving home from work at noon. So I went back to work so I can leave early tomorrow.
She looks and feels great. Turns out her auntie had the same type of lump. And it turned out to be nothing. We are hoping and praying that this is the case with our situation.
That would be so very wonderful, Bob.

Mine turned out to be a BIG nothing!!!!'
Old 04-25-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really wishing that for that outcome Bob x

Leigh x
Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi, sw.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Love your new avatar, sw.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

(((((Ladybug)))))

It is good to hear that you and your wife have such composure, Bob. I continue to pray that the lump is benign, just as others seem to have been.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Ladybug no disappointment here love as I know the biggest disappointment is coming from yourself.

I know that feeling too well. Look...you made it to 52 days , you know now in your heart that this really CAN work for you .

I've loved your messages I love how you have been enjoying your family life without drinking. I love your long thoughtful posts , i love how you post every day now , I love hearing how happy you have been.I love your compassion & willingness to help us when we need you.

Most of all I love YOU. I don't want to lose you again .