Notices

Angie 247's thread - This new sober life Part 5

Old 09-23-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much!! I'm at 115 days and very grateful for each day. My doctor wants me to write everyday so I'm going to try. Also, I talked to my sponsor about my tendency to withdraw and she was supportive towards me. I've made a promise to myself to go to at least three meetings next week. I wish that I could get there about 10 or 15 minutes before the meeting but I get off work at 5 and the meeting is at 5:30. It's not terribly far away but there's the 5:00 traffic and I'm lucky to make it there at 5:30. So, I'm going to try to stay a few minutes afterwards and try to talk to more people so I can get to know them. Things are going well and I'm grateful to be sober.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds great Angie

D
Old 09-26-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Angie247 View Post
Thank you all so much!! I'm at 115 days and very grateful for each day. My doctor wants me to write everyday so I'm going to try. Also, I talked to my sponsor about my tendency to withdraw and she was supportive towards me. I've made a promise to myself to go to at least three meetings next week. I wish that I could get there about 10 or 15 minutes before the meeting but I get off work at 5 and the meeting is at 5:30. It's not terribly far away but there's the 5:00 traffic and I'm lucky to make it there at 5:30. So, I'm going to try to stay a few minutes afterwards and try to talk to more people so I can get to know them. Things are going well and I'm grateful to be sober.
Beautiful post love.

You sound wonderful ~ focused and strong.
I love it when meetings become something you really look forward to...sounds to me like you have found the magic. Because that's what sobriety is for me.

Sorry I am just now seeing this....I was busy getting married. Ha. Still can't say the 'w' word, but husband sounds nice.

Hope you are having a really good day honey.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You sound like you are really doing well Angie. I'm so happy for you!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

It's really good to hear you so upbeat, Angie. I am so pleased that you are doing so well.

A huge congratulations to you on 115 days.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Great job on 115 days of active recovery!! Seeking feedback from a trusted sponsor is an amazing gift. It sounds like you have a reasonable plan in place to alleviate some of isolation.

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-02-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. My heart goes out to Las Vegas. Absolutely horrifying and senseless. There's no accurate words to express myself tonight. I went to a meeting tonight and I can't remember a more powerful one. Love to all of you. Thank you so much for being my friends. I'm a little over 4 months or 124 days sober. Grateful for each second sober and a new lease on life because we don't know what the day will bring.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exactly Angie. Congrats

D
Old 10-04-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Angie, The Las Vegas incident is devastating. I see the spirit of recovery in your post. By reaching out to your recovery network, you're gaining companionship and sharing strength in these troubled times.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Angie love....so proud of you.

I know things like this can truly devastate us....they should.
But for sure, it really makes you grateful for every precious day.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

So, it is 136 days today. Grateful for each second sober. I have been asked to lead the women's meeting next Saturday. I'm a little nervous but not as much as I would have thought. The women there are so nice and I'll have a guide to go by if I get flustered. Alex and I went to family night on Friday night where the book fair was, and they had a couple games too. He put his name in the raffle, and he won the big prize! He won a 15 dollar gift certificate to spend at the book fair. By the time they called out his name, we had already gone to the fair and gotten some books so he got to go back and pick out more. He was playing games there when his name was called. He was so excited to win, he credited his win to wearing his lucky shirt. :-) Today, we are planning on going to the lunch buffet nearby and get some pizza. After that, we are going to work on his school project. He chose a polar bear to work on for his animal research project. I'm excited to help him on that. Things are going well and thank you all so much for everything.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

So, it is 136 days today. Grateful for each second sober. I have been asked to lead the women's meeting next Saturday. I'm a little nervous but not as much as I would have thought. The women there are so nice and I'll have a guide to go by if I get flustered. Alex and I went to family night on Friday night where the book fair was, and they had a couple games too. He put his name in the raffle, and he won the big prize! He won a 15 dollar gift certificate to spend at the book fair. By the time they called out his name, we had already gone to the fair and gotten some books so he got to go back and pick out more. He was playing games there when his name was called. He was so excited to win, he credited his win to wearing his lucky shirt. :-) Today, we are planning on going to the lunch buffet nearby and get some pizza. After that, we are going to work on his school project. He chose a polar bear to work on for his animal research project. I'm excited to help him on that. Things are going well and thank you all so much for everything.
Very cool, Angie

So very good to see you doing so well.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

That's awesome and inspiring Angie!
Old 10-16-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Great to hear Angie!! Keep the updates coming!!
Old 10-16-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Angie

D
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Thank you all! Right now, I'm getting a sleep study done. They think I might have sleep apnea. My doctor told me that I'd have a low chance of staying sober if I had sleep apnea and it was untreated. I made the appointment several months ago, this was the first available opening. Feeling good and tired. . 140 days and counting. Goodnight.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

My wife did one of those a few years back and they found that she woke up 653 times over the course of the night. No wonder she always seemed tired. A CPAP has helped her tremendously. Good luck with the study.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope they can get to the bottom of it Angie

D
Old 10-22-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Thank you stargazer and Dee! Stargazer, I know your wife was incredibly tired and I'm so glad the cpap is helping her. The technician who hooked the wires up to me said that he might be in to put the mask on me. Well, I slept uninterrupted the whole night which surprised me. He told me the next morning that I had just under the required apneas to put the mask on me but in my case, my doctor will probably order another one with the mask on. He came in the room about 5:30, and I was out of there by 6:00. I went home to get the glue off me, it was really stuck in my hair and after I took my shower, I went to work. I had actually slept better during the sleep study than I had the previous few nights. So, I'll talk to my doctor probably this coming week and see what she wants to do. It's so much easier to get things done now that I'm sober.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It is SO much easier to get things done sober!