Notices

F.I.S.T. #2 (Finely Implemented Sobriety Techniques)

Old 04-24-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Hmm. Irreparable bad mood Friday, beyond natural high Saturday and wild energy, super opinionated and keyed-up Sunday.

My husband just wondered if I might just be a little bit manic. Actually, the same thought had occurred to me about five minutes earlier. In my past I never had a rapid cycling pattern--but then in early November I went bonkers, as some can attest--and then it happened in December, too.

I was fine after I'd discontinued another non-psych-related medicine, so I haven't thought about it since.

But I have an appointment Tuesday--I think we need to have a little talk.
I missed this, Gilmer.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Administrator

Del

good luck with your appointment from me too Gilmer

Hi Leigh

D
Old 04-24-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Del

good luck with your appointment from me too Gilmer

Hi Leigh

D
Hi, Dee.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
p***enger

Delizadee, I waited to respond to your post but hours after reading it the first time, I still can't find much to say, except 'thank you' for being here. Your patience with yourself and the burdens you have is inspiring. Your son will learn from how to behave bravely, honestly, and with humility. (((deliza)))

gilmer, I hope your doctor visit gives you relief!

Glee, I agree with Gilmer and others -- sobriety looks great on you! You have the exact right blend of good sense and sobriety -- where did you get it? (...And what nonsense was I worrying about when I should have been getting it, too? )

I'm in more pain today, I suppose because I was more active and got less rest last night. Maybe when I get back to town I'll get xrays taken, but I've said that before when I had a flareup, and didn't do it once it passed. Flying and having luggage won't help. One year I went to one of these conferences when I'd fractured an elbow just 2 days before. At the time I was drinking heavily -- make that extra heavy. I was gin-blind.

It's not unlikely that worry is making the pain worse. Very likely. But I will not drink, nor do drugs, nor otherwise act out my insanity.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

I breathe a lot for my pain C2. I refuse to take and pain medication.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Glee- dark mood still here. ANZAC day- posted a thread on my thoughts of that one. Also tomorrow is got married day, still waiting for divorce papers time. Sigh. Sent a prayer asking for peace for her. Another sigh. Went to a meeting- actually sat through whole thing without wriggling, so coping- but it is just crud.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

(((((((((PJ)))))))))

(((((((((Courage)))))))))
Old 04-25-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I posted this to a different thread yesterday, but now I remember that it was here that I started the saga.

Remember last week when I was living large with my broth at the hotel? Well, I got the results from my test yesterday.

Everything was a success. I am in perfect physical health. A bit idiosyncratic, maybe--but nothing to be concerned about.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:32 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Old 04-25-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

I hope you sleep well, PJ.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

ONLY 1934 HERE G. Just been doing f-b stuff. I am members of lots of +ve affirmation, mental health, recovery and arty sites. I got a friend request (only have 4- very careful). On checking a very attractive young lady in a very pink b-room. The thread was directed from an art sharing place. So I thought 'okay- where is the art?'. No art. No photos. So I checked 'friends'. 3. One older guy- overweight in military fatigues. One -big burly bloke with a name in an Arabic looking script, no English- wearing mirror sunglasses. Last
one- body like the incredible hulk- lifting half a ton of weights.
Only info- British and living in Nigeria.
I politely clicked 'no'.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by gilmer View Post
everything was a success. I am in perfect physical health. A bit idiosyncratic, maybe--but nothing to be concerned about.
yyyyaaaayyyy
Old 04-25-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, tigers! Is everyone wearing their big sober grin for the day?

Yes or no, I'm amazed, astounded, awestruck & gobsmacked at the collective sobriety of the F.I.S.T.

From what I can tell, each of you gets up every day, does their appointed rounds whether they're in love with their duties or not, reflects on the good of their lives gratefully and on the bad with reasonable forgiveness, and tries to build a decent future. With never a drop of alcohol.

You all give me a path to follow.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Positive vibes and well wishes to all that are in need.

I've noticed that either most of, or, my perception of most of my daily experiences are in a range to slightly below to slightly above average.

Wow, this great...really, it is. I spent sooo much of my life wanting and getting extremes....this middle of the road thing is a pretty cool place to be.

So many paradoxes from recovery. Just heard the COO at FB interviewed on NPR about a book she either wrote of contributed to on grief and loss. She was saying that asking for her teams help turned out to bring them closer and she sees thast as a sign of strength. Cool, I agree with that - in moderation.

Later, gators.

SR Carlos
Old 04-25-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Saw my p-doc today. She wants me to check in more often, so I'm going to monthly appointments now (I had been going quarterly). She told me to call immediately if I have another similar episode. She's not alarmed--just keeping an eye out.

If these rapid cycles continue happening regularly, she will begin increasing dosages slightly. If episodes still continue, she said that there are a few really excellent new medicines out now.

Of course, it can be really rocky throwing a new medicine into the mix.

But why borrow trouble?

She'll only be concerned if it becomes a regular thing.

I said to her half-joking, "Even if I end up rapid cycling continuously and you can't control it with medicine, at least I really like hospitals!"

I honestly do!

Hopefully it won't come to that, though.

Even imagining such a thing seems way, way drama queen!

Alcoholic thinking? Terminally unique?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Cour, I am praying for a decent sleep for you, a lessening of pain, and a sense of peace as you go to the conference tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
p***enger

You're a sweetheart Gilmer. Your doctor sounds very reasonable. I like her!

I don't know about sleep -- we have a renovation going on in our building, which in this instance means contractors pretty much bang around the hallway and come and go through our front door all morning. I'm feeling pretty good physically though --- just, "do NOT move your neck" (joke for middle aged ladies, google it).

Sober. You betcha!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

My doctor is great. I'm very fortunate.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 420 (permalink)