Old 03-27-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better InPar love.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

((Inpar))), I hope you're feeling better soon. X

To all the overs feeling under the weather, get well soon and big hugs.

It's 6 am but dark now since the clocks moved forward. I can't hear any birds singing yet, that's strange, wonder what the weather's like?

I wonder how the clocks affect the animals as they still use their body clocks. I remember years ago I used to help out in a small racing stables and when the clocks moved back all the horses were upset and some banging their stable doors as we hadn't arrived on time, in their time!

My cat is getting to be a right grouchy if he doesn't get his own way. He's took to crying at the top of his voice around 4am if I'm not up already. Once he's had his grub, been out then he settles back down but if he were human, he'd be a grumpy old man, I'm the mornings, especially!

I'm going back to work today, I've had one day off sick and feel so guilty for that, but feeling a lot better, Barr the itching and nerve pain! Doc gave me Aciclovir to take 1 , 5 times a day. They're like horse tablets! Massive. If they get me back to normal it'll be worth it.

Oh, I can hear the birds, all is well in the world.

Have a good day overs.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, hope today goes good for
Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better today Mags....hope it's a good one for you love.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:29 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
I missed that you had shingles too! All I can say is my thoughts are being sent for healing soon!

IP flu too?

Suze!
Has it been over two years ago ??? Time flies when you're having fun! Congrats!

RZ,
Thanks bud but I just sold our weekender fifth wheel RV. I'm keeping my Cummins Ram diesel 3/4 ton long bed truck however. They are hard to find, everyone wants a short bed these days!

Toots, yep I'm fine. Just getting active again. Re-growing pains.

Sassy, I "no" what you mean.

Andy,
Glad you're hanging in there.

I am weird in that I never (once in my whole life at 30) get headaches. I also never get colds or flu since my early 20s. Just some frame problems. And if my pain stays the some as now, easy to live with but hard to get any exercise.

I've whined enough about my surgical issues. I'm really OK whatever the outcomes. I just have to get back some muscle tone. Only route is through the pain. FBL, you've got it nailed with low impact walking. That does more than many know.

If I missed anyone sorry. Just need to rack.12:30am now.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Itch- pain, yep you are right. Onwards.
Hi Suze- how are the colonists treating you?
Old 03-27-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Healing wishes to all who need them

Have the best day you can everyone.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, overs!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I got hit by a stomach flu this weekend, knocked me right over! I've been in bed for two days, just so weak and yucky feeling.
Mags I'm so sorry you have shingles, Dee too! My dad has them and they give him so much pain. Take care.
InP, sorry that your weekend was ruined. I hope you get better soon.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
My cat is getting to be a right grouchy if he doesn't get his own way. He's took to crying at the top of his voice around 4am if I'm not up already. Once he's had his grub, been out then he settles back down but if he were human, he'd be a grumpy old man, I'm the mornings, especially!
I've been having this problem too. Solved it by leaving a bowl of dry food out for them to munch on overnight.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Mags, you're right as usual :-). I'm going to try to remember: Not my circus, not my monkey.

Feel better soon, IP

GHD, agreed - I always try to leave out enough dry cat food that my babies won't run out before morning. I did have one greedy cat, however who didn't have the faintest clue about moderation. He was huge

Itchy, it sounds like you are adapting to the surgical marathon aftermath. I think most of us expect miracles and we usually get a bit less than perfect. We adapt and often the results are quite acceptable after some time.

Suze, I haven't caught up on all of the Suze+Goat happenings. I'm gathering that it's the normal ups and downs, some great, some not so?

Hi to all and have a good Tuesday!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Kris, at the moment I'm writing, with 2 more posts you'll hit 20,000!
With this post, I'm thanking God for you and all my SR friends.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
love the hat kris!

and sobe, you made me blush! lol

you always have a home itch if you get to CT!

a special thanks to each & everyone of my SR & overs family
Thanks, Rusty.

I'm rather fond of it, too.

I'm a flower girl.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
I got hit by a stomach flu this weekend, knocked me right over! I've been in bed for two days, just so weak and yucky feeling.
Mags I'm so sorry you have shingles, Dee too! My dad has them and they give him so much pain. Take care.
Hope you're feeling better soon , IP. Always something. Make sure to drink plenty of water and some chicken broth if you can keep it down. A probiotic.

Hubby has shingles, too.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Thank you love.

So much love to you and your kitty.

Thank you all for the congrats.....I have been so busy and overwhelmed today I haven't had a second to read.
Long story short, the course I am about to start had some very bad curveballs today...hopefully not too bad.
Sending GOOD vibes your way, Venus.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Morning overs

((Inpar))), I hope you're feeling better soon. X

To all the overs feeling under the weather, get well soon and big hugs.

It's 6 am but dark now since the clocks moved forward. I can't hear any birds singing yet, that's strange, wonder what the weather's like?

I wonder how the clocks affect the animals as they still use their body clocks. I remember years ago I used to help out in a small racing stables and when the clocks moved back all the horses were upset and some banging their stable doors as we hadn't arrived on time, in their time!

I'm going back to work today, I've had one day off sick and feel so guilty for that, but feeling a lot better, Barr the itching and nerve pain! Doc gave me Aciclovir to take 1 , 5 times a day. They're like horse tablets! Massive. If they get me back to normal it'll be worth it.

Oh, I can hear the birds, all is well in the world.

Have a good day overs.
Hope it goes well, Mags! Where are your shingles?
Old 03-28-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Dee,
I missed that you had shingles too! All I can say is my thoughts are being sent for healing soon!

IP flu too?

Suze!
Has it been over two years ago ??? Time flies when you're having fun! Congrats!

RZ,
Thanks bud but I just sold our weekender fifth wheel RV. I'm keeping my Cummins Ram diesel 3/4 ton long bed truck however. They are hard to find, everyone wants a short bed these days!

Toots, yep I'm fine. Just getting active again. Re-growing pains.

Sassy, I "no" what you mean.

Andy,
Glad you're hanging in there.

I am weird in that I never (once in my whole life at 30) get headaches. I also never get colds or flu since my early 20s. Just some frame problems. And if my pain stays the some as now, easy to live with but hard to get any exercise.

I've whined enough about my surgical issues. I'm really OK whatever the outcomes. I just have to get back some muscle tone. Only route is through the pain. FBL, you've got it nailed with low impact walking. That does more than many know.

If I missed anyone sorry. Just need to rack.12:30am now.
How about biking, Itchy? With my knees and back it seems to be the best exercise besides swimming. Have a pool?
Old 03-28-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi Phoenix, Andy, FBL, Sassygirl and GD!

Good day Everyone. Hello to all that follow.......................
Old 03-28-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hoping your husband recovers quickly dearest Kris.

And sorry that I missed that you weren't well Dee ~ hoping you are feeling even better tomorrow.

Overs.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Itchy--it's weird that I got stomach flu, I couldn't believe it. I can't remember ever having it in my life, besides when I was a kid when I think I got it all the time. But in my adult life, no. So on the weekend was the first time I've thrown up (sorry) in over five years, since I quit drinking. How about that.
I took the day off work and was mad cause I couldn't take advantage of it by packing, just laid in bed all day feeling miserable. My apartment is a disgusting mess right now. That's what happens when you're single and get sick!
I got up early to go in to work and immediately felt woozy. I told my boss I would go in in a couple of hours, take it slow.
There's a task at work that needs to be done today and I'm the only person who can really do it. Of course.
My brother's cat is like that Mags, at three-four am every single night he starts meowing at the top of his lungs. Such a pain. Cats!!! But he's so cute and we all adore him, little old man that he is.
He wants to go outside and then two minutes later wants back in again.
Itchy, good you're back with us again. Sorry about all your medical issues you're having. As good an attitude you've got about it, still it must be a challenge to get through. You don't always have to be tough with us you know!! Also, I agree with Kris, is swimming an option? It could really help.
Before I forget, because I know I will, tomorrow is five years and five months sober for me! I like that it has a ring to it don't you think?
I've had a few challenging moments lately, cravings I guess. The addiction really never sleeps, for me anyway. I feel like I might never get to a point where I never think about it. You all here keep me grounded and focused. You're my "home group", basically.