24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 194

Old 01-01-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Count me in, please.

Love to all.

Leigh
Old 01-01-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

In for another 24hrs . . . Happy New Year to everyone!!

Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Meditation for the Day

In the new year, I will live one day at a time. I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness and bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, my disappointments in others and in myself, my gloom and my despondency. I will leave all these things buried and go forward, in this new year, into a new life.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God will guide me one day at a time in the new year. I pray that for each day, God will sup ply the wisdom and the strength that I need.

well a new year to be (hopefully) happy joyous and free.

24 more please.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
In for another 24hrs . . . Happy New Year to everyone!!

, PurpleKnight,
Old 01-01-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Meditation for the Day

In the new year, I will live one day at a time. I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will bury every fear of the future, all thoughts of unkindness and bitterness, all my dislikes, my resentments, my sense of failure, my disappointments in others and in myself, my gloom and my despondency. I will leave all these things buried and go forward, in this new year, into a new life.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God will guide me one day at a time in the new year. I pray that for each day, God will sup ply the wisdom and the strength that I need.

24 more please.

, dear erfra, and thanks for the message
Old 01-01-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

January
"I AM A MIRACLE"
The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous. He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves.
— ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 25
This truly is a fact in my life today, and a real miracle. I always believed in God, but could never put that belief meaningfully into my life. Today, because of Alcoholics Anonymous, I now trust and rely on God, as I understand Him; I am sober today because of that! Learning to trust and rely on God was something I could never have done alone. I now believe in miracles because I am one!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

January
"I AM A MIRACLE"
The central fact of our lives today is the absolute certainty that our Creator has entered into our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous. He has commenced to accomplish those things for us which we could never do by ourselves.
— ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 25
This truly is a fact in my life today, and a real miracle. I always believed in God, but could never put that belief meaningfully into my life. Today, because of Alcoholics Anonymous, I now trust and rely on God, as I understand Him; I am sober today because of that! Learning to trust and rely on God was something I could never have done alone. I now believe in miracles because I am one!

A miracle, indeed!!!!! We love you, erfra.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Woke up sober
Next 24 please
Old 01-01-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Woke up sober
Next 24 please

, Trees,
Old 01-01-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Goodnight Guys
Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys

Pleasant dreams, Neo!!!!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Meditation for the Day

Prayer for the Day

24 more please.
Love this.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

cake 3.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone! Grab a cupcake, kick back and enjoy time with great friends!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

In for 24!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

^^^^ Beautiful, Delilah.

Thank you!!!!!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Mon Jan 2-----I have just finished my morning meditation which involves my Higher Power and help in dealing with my failings which of course includes alcohol. In saying that, when it comes to the hard yards I too must put in.24
to all celebrating today a sober and creative one-----------
Old 01-01-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulShine8 View Post
Sober today.

Ended my NYE starting to read a book for 2017 reading challenges I've signed up for and immediately was reading in bed when I woke up (I♥MyKindle). I'm halfway through the book and confident that this year I will be successful in the challenges where I never have been before.

I was thinking yesterday of what and who I really want to be like sober. You read so many things on the net about recreating yourself. I don't like who I have been drinking, but I can remember being a halfway decent little kid. I can even remember the moment I started changing in junior high to try and fit in. A couple of years later, I started drinking. My thoughts now are centered not on recreating, but on rebuilding. I don't want to make myself into another person. I want to take the base I was given (my real personality and gifts from God) and start adding - like I should/could have been all those years I was drinking. So it's really me that I will be living with in my sober days.

One of the things I always did and loved back then was reading. So that's my step one of getting back my mojo!
Step number two is to consistently journal. I have been working on a getting a bullet journal ready for 2017 the past few weeks. Today will be the first daily entry!

Does anyone else have new rituals/routines for 2017? Or any deep thinking they have done about how they are going to approach the new year?

Best wishes and to you all! ♥§§
I love reading as well, I always sign up for a reading challenge on Goodreads. We should start a book club. Any other book lovers on this thread? Anyone interested in an online book club??
Old 01-01-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

With more love and Congrats to Delilah and bandi....... good morning.

May I please have 24 more hours of precious freedom with all of you? Yes? Wonderful. ♥
Old 01-01-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Happy New Year SR! May everyone's dreams & hopes materialize but most importantly stay sober
Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

24 more please, and a good year for all