Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-19-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
I'm feeling really anxious. Like everything is a mistake. I ruined my confidence. I think I'll come back but today is bad really bad.

Come on guys log in
Hi Viper. Hang in there bud. Dee is right, it's normal to be anxious before big changes. Moving is huge. You have worked very hard to do this, don't let self doubt lead you to drinking. Yeah, water and lots of sleep tonight. You are having the day after anxiety, which blows. Post if you get an urge next time, promise?

What kind of yoga do you practice? Excellent idea to go every day I love the classes with crystal bowls and Reiki. I was extremely skeptical of both but it really helps my anxiety.

Xoxoxo (((Viper)))
Old 11-19-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Thanks Dee
Oh, and is it cold in CT already? Just imagine that nice warmth and sun that awaits you!!😎
Old 11-20-2016, 01:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You made more than 100 days Viper, you know you can do this.

Eat well, drink plenty of water and rest. and you'll soon be embracing this exciting new chapter again.

Its time to rework the plan though.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Yoga sounds like a good idea !
Old 11-20-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys! The encouragement means A Lot! It's heartwarming.

It's a huge change in my life. Penny I have no clue what kind of Yoga. Easy Yoga I hope . My sister does the heated power yoga. I will not be up for that. I'd die. Gotta start somewhere.

I made a large purchase that day that's been driving me nuts.

I need to make lists tonight and start hacking away at them. Organizing etc.

Going to eat fats and pound more water tonight. Coping with strong anxiety.

Talk later
Old 11-20-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yeah Viper, I avoid hot yoga like the plague, also anything that mentions ashtanga, vinyasa or Budde bar! I'm getting back into it too so gentle or hatha for movement, and Yin or restorative for stress management. Slowly working back up, real slow

One more day down, tomorrow will be better.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Yeah I expect the exhaustion and anxiety to be down tomorrow. I got a lot of sleep last night. I'm hoping for a good 9 hours again tonight.

I've got to get on the ball with lists and starting to pack, making sure I have what I need. I'll have everything done in advance. That way I won't be running around like a crazy person the day before. I expect that day to be relaxing. Everything in place.

tired. Goodnight
Old 11-21-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Penny, my therapist eats an excellent diet and knows a lot about nutrition, diet, exorcise, yoga, etc.

He said that the hot yoga forces out toxins from deep within and that it would darn near kill me considering how toxic my body is right now. He said don't do it. So you sweat out toxins but a lot of it only makes it half way to your skin so then you get really sick. So that's not going to happen.

GENTLE YOGA :/
Old 11-21-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi guys, joined the COMarch, was wandering through to November and bumped into July. Funny how stuff works that way. Reading other people's stories is very, very good for my sanity. Thoughts and prayers to you all. Unity with sobriety.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Geez, I have 9 days to finish up here!! There were a few more things I wanted to get sold. I'm going to try.

Anyway, I went to the outdoor store and got a few things and to target for some get some general supplies for travel and packing. Zip lock bags, stuff sacks, some compression bags, etc.

So tomorrow it's no more messing around. Just eBay listing and getting things in order. Scheduling the dump run for the big stuff in here, turning in the cable TV boxes, cancel electric, aggghhh!!!

I'm tired. Maybe because it's 25 degrees and dark. I was driving around under a sea of clouds today listening to Led Zeppellin on the radio. It's like an evil scene in Lord of the Rings here.

Winter is coming on like a beast. I'm glad I'm going. But I am fighting huge anxiety right now. Time to get through it.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Viper, I swear from my end getting rid of everything would be a thrill for me. Purge it all!!! Everything except for my furballs!!
Are you bringing a couple suitcases with you only? Going to store anything where you are now, in voldemorts lair?

It actually rained here a little today, I was excited!
Old 11-22-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Waking up anxious and feeling pissed at oneself for being alcoholic is not the start of a good day. Need to turn this around quick
Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do it PL - make a gratitude list maybe?

D
Old 11-22-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Coming oOFF the diet for thanksgiving week(end) !!!
Old 11-22-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You can do it PL - make a gratitude list maybe?

D
That's a good idea, now I'm pissed I didn't think of it
Old 11-22-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="JL2014;6218313"]Coming oOFF the diet for thanksgiving

Oh, that will be fun. Tell us about the yummy stuff you will eat Thursday!
Old 11-23-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Still around friends and still sober! Thankful for sobriety and family (even if they are arriving me crazy already this holiday and its the first night) and thankful for friend (that includes you guys) have a safe and happy thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just checking in quickly. Ive been selling. Today I cinched up my change of address to my country rented room. I developed a rash that's cropping up all over my body. Raised and red, and raw burning. It must be the stress of moving. I lucked out with a dermatologist who had a cancelation in 2 hours and got over there. She gave me a 12 day course of steroids, which coincidently will turn me into superman to get rid of everything. She said I came into contact with something that I am allergic to, or it's stress.

I'm amazed at how much $$ I was able to put together by selling my things, and I don't have much left.

Dump run on Saturday and my Tv and bed are sold and will be picked up too.

Talk soon.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Today is the day. I can't believe I'm not calling every one of my family members and crying that 'I can't do this! This is the biggest mistake of my life!!!'

I either move on from here or I don't. If I don't I'll look back and it will have almost certainly be a regret. Definitely I would regret it. So I'm using reason to squash the fear. Besides it's exciting!!! Places, people things, cultures, the unknown, opportunities!! Not to mention this place is not a friendly place for single men. It's been a long drought that's about to get a rainstorm. Losing 30 pounds during this sobriety didn't hurt.

Camera decision is killing me!!!!!

Again the change in me not freaking out and sabotaging this.... crying all day (literally) or drinking my face off, is a *monumental* shift.

Bed, couch and chairs, TV, tables, TV and internet cable boxes, lamps, it's all going TODAY. I'm camping at my friend's apartment that I got all cleaned up. She's been out of the hospital for a few weeks!!! She's making it. It's very hard but she's doing it. I'll tell ya, coming home to that beautiful place instead of the $#|+ hole with trash piles everywhere and a filthy mattress, filthy carpets, etc etc, definitely was a game changer. The apartment is very modern and nice, so it came back well with some help. She's done a good job of keeping it that way. I'll clean it up again in 30 minutes.

I've got a fat camping pad (ultra tough inflatable 4" from the outdoor store), clean blankets and all for me tonight. It will be insurance for when I need a spot to crash. Considering any crap motel in the Store State is $100 per night, the $200 for the matress is justified.

Ok, tell you what happens in a few days.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck Viper
D