Old 09-18-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Good morning lovelies
Old 09-18-2016, 07:20 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Good morning, Snooz!
Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Big hello from me.....and do NOT ask me how much money I spent in the chemist getting all of my prescriptions to take with me....life without a healthcare card is so so expensive....literally $130 instead of $30.

Did I mention I need a job? LOL. I have plans....

Love to everyone.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good going Suze sorry about the price hike hun x
Old 09-19-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Oooooh plans Suze ....do tell :-) xx
Old 09-19-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening
Old 09-19-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi all,
All the best with the work plans, Suze.

My sister emailed to say that she is unable to function, and has been in bed almost a week, with anxiety, bordering on suicidal thoughts. She has been on an anti depressant for 7 days. She stopped it today. I honestly think she is experiencing a problem with alcohol withdrawal. She says she's looked on the net and forums, and blames the medication. I really feel for her, but can't and won't say anything about her drinking. We have a tentative relationship, and I believe she would only lash out at me. I asked her if she would review with her doctor, I hope she does.
Rehearsals are busy, but it's coming together.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about your sister Leshar xxxxx
Old 09-19-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm getting back on track again and will be posting more regularly. I've missed you all!!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:32 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

OH Bug!!!!!!!

We have missed you girl.....so wonderful to have you back.
Sending love, and all of our support. You got this.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Oh Leshar ~ that's a little scary about your sister. I so hope her doctor is aware that she just took herself off the meds.
All you can do is everything you are already doing....you are there for her, and you care about her. Perhaps you can talk to her husband? I'm not sure if you would feel comfortable doing that.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your sister sees her Dr too Leshar. Good luck with evening this week
Hi to everyone - and welcome back LB

D
Old 09-20-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Thanks, Suze and Dee. It feels good to be back. Just doing some cleaning and hanging out with little one today. My oldest is now in 1st grade all day. Last year she only had a half day of kindergarten so it's been a little bit of an adjustment. I miss her and she has cried a few times at school from missing me. Need to get my act together and be 100% present for her AND little one.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!!
Old 09-20-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ladybug x
Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Thanks, Suze and Dee. It feels good to be back. Just doing some cleaning and hanging out with little one today. My oldest is now in 1st grade all day. Last year she only had a half day of kindergarten so it's been a little bit of an adjustment. I miss her and she has cried a few times at school from missing me. Need to get my act together and be 100% present for her AND little one.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!!
Hi Ladybug, welcome back.

A bit more time to post today. Had a party on the weekend where I got a nudge from a few relatives to have a drink.
This really got me to thinking about how our sobriety really makes others feel the need to poke and prod about why and more information.

One person said to me, geez don't you just miss looking forward to a glass of wine when you see it there. I bet you miss that. I said no, not at all, because just having one makes me tired and want to go to sleep.(Which is true.)
And I felt like saying, "I've never seen anyone in this family happy with just one glass of wine, ever."

Then another relative encouraging me to have a drink, they didn't need me to give them a lift and we could all get a taxi home. And even though I heard their voices....all the words just sounded like the crap the AV comes up with, and I thought, guys, you can say what you want, I've heard all this before in my mind from the AV and the outcome is always the same now. Not interested.

Another person was so drunk they couldn't speak when I was talking to them and I was basically charged with making sure they made it home ok.

I felt relief that all that was over, that I control the ship now. It's amazing to me that every time now that the "what if I had just one" option pops up in my head, that it's immediately met with, "you haven't had - or wanted, ' just one' for 14 years".

The AV is just a voice. We don't have to listen to it. Just like an old boyfriend may pop into my mind from time to time, it's just a natural recall of memory, that is all - the choice is mine how I react to it. Not that the AV was there, just their voices and what they were saying were eerily mirror images of what the AV used to tell me.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

The thought oh, a glass of wine looks nice (on TV for example) is now quickly followed in my head by: and it will kill you Suzanne....really nice.

I never had one, not ever. I never even pretended to want only one. I always wanted and needed at least 3 BIG glasses in about 10 minutes....and then of course I was in a black out, and anything could happen.

And if I did that again.....who knows if I would survive. I personally don't think I would.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
The thought oh, a glass of wine looks nice (on TV for example) is now quickly followed in my head by: and it will kill you Suzanne....really nice.

I never had one, not ever. I never even pretended to want only one. I always wanted and needed at least 3 BIG glasses in about 10 minutes....and then of course I was in a black out, and anything could happen.

And if I did that again.....who knows if I would survive. I personally don't think I would.

Yep, the blackouts are scary. In fact, I think towards the end I drank to virtual blackout every night. (Far out that scares me just to write that and remember it was me.)

When I got sober, my lack of concentration was so bad, I doubted I'd ever be able to happily read a book again. Just looking to my left and seeing a pile of 6 books from the library gives me so much joy, and I buy a book a week for my kindle. Just this one thing seemed impossible when I got sober.