Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 20

Old 09-11-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I say all the time that I really don't remember the first 5ish weeks. And I am glad- I was so sick, that just coming back to life is all I did! I vaguely remember things like days making the bed and eating were the successes (I'm sure if I went back to my daily journal/to do) I would see things like 1 take Luke out 2 eat at least twice 3 ....

It was 90,100 days where I felt I'd gone through my serious PAWS. By 4mos, I felt strong. Now, I feel like a normal person- or probably better than a lot (working in a fast food place and a restaurant, you see people you KNOW can't possibly feel physically good all the time, just based on their food choices, weight, attitudes, etc! (my anthropological contribution for the day)).

I made it through last night. It was only one table at the end that commented on me touching my mouth etc when by their table. Long day ahead- and I am thinking I'll do a work in dr appt tomorrow and have a note to get out of working at CFA. Coincidentally, they just sent an email yesterday about food safety, hand washing, colds, etc- that is an even more I'm-touching-everything situation than a restaurant, but I know I'm spreading germs. Ugh.

Penny- keep going! You will keep getting better- and even be able to better fight things like a cold

Hope everyone has a pleasant, relaxing day!
Old 09-11-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 195. A little moody today. No doubt some of it is 9/11,, other is family irritation over family members who are not currently getting along and I feel like the peacemaker....not my job, but I've always done it.

Going to grill out and have some good me time. Long week ahead!
Be good!
Lee
Old 09-11-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Lee and August, hope you get back to 100% soon! I remember at one point everyone was sick in this class. Back in March or April I think.

Badgers in hiding, come on out!

I've been looking at homes to check out possible new living arrangements and saw a nice one with amazing water views from the decks. Started to feel a bit happyish until I looked down from the deck and realized it was held up with posts on the bluff. My fear of heights kicked in and I barely made it out before the panic attack. Arrrgh! Last thing I thought about tho was drinking..it used to be the 1st thing I thought of when in a panic. Progress!

August, I'm so bummed because I set DVR to record Eliz. Vargas, but it only recorded the 1st hour which was that mystery only. Darn! I do have the book ordered to d/l when released, the 13th I think. I'm interested to read how she deals with anxiety.

Thanks y'all for helping me see that things do keep improving. I feel I'm still a complete mess in a lot of ways but realize it will take time to change things. I'm not a good planner for the future person, so I tend to concentrate on now rather than looking forward.

Did 360 disappear too? I worry when people all of a sudden gone! I hope OT checks in too, our so young so wise one.

Xoxoxo S
Old 09-11-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I think a lot of us subconsciously grow accustomed to the immediate gratification of the bottle, or whatever.

In recovery, I had to learn that often the really good things are worth waiting for.

I thought I'd never be happy too - I thought that might be the price I pay for being sober...but it happened for me too.

Like Lee said, around 90 days was a game changer for me too

Don't lose heart Penny

D
Thank you Dee! I'm looking forward to 90 days! The last 45 days have been less cravey than other times so feeling good about getting there. Xoxo
Old 09-11-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I'm am here Penny. Been hiding in my garage working on a new project this weekend. Tackling an old GMC 228 straight six. It is taking me a while to feel better too. I am definitely seeing improvements being sober but I am not at peace. I need to make some changes in my life to lessen the stress and anxiety that comes with it. It's hard to change.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:23 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Sorry for not checking in for a while, I've been so busy with work and college. I tend to go out a fair bit as well so I've just been coming home and collapsing into bed every night. Not going to have time for SR in general but I'll try and check in with the class as much as possible.

I'm LOVING college, it was a good decision. Also managed to secure Friday as my day off from work and college. Working every single day of the week would have killed me.

Hope everyone is well, what are you all up to?
Old 09-12-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being sober happy and busy really is the best reason to be off SR
Really glad all is going well OT

D
Old 09-12-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Penny- my attempt to DVR was the same - here is the youtube, full edition -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIjYZ_ZNmk8

I thought it was an excellent interview.

Made it through all day at work- barely. Waiting to call the dr at 8am because I am simply not going to work at CFA tonight!

Woke up with a heavy yet simply prayerful heart- the short version is that yesterday, Cliff's 14 year old took a bunch of his anti-depressants and anx meds. She is ok but at a treatment place on hold for 72 hours. He has been very active in getting the kids with counselors, talking with them about their family situation, all of his demonstrated behavior....just last week they (first, then with his ex) had what he thought was really good communication about where she is- she doesn't open up easily or often, but shared her school/friend/etc unhappiness....then this. Lots more to fully describe the whole thing but it's just....tough.

Gotta rest, gotta take care of me today.

Peace to all today-
A
Old 09-12-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Well, y'all may see a lot of me the next two days....bad cold, minor lung encroachment they want to nip in the bud, small fever, contagion...antibiotics etc etc. No work til Thu. I stockpiled at the groc and may only leave the house for the two other dr appts I have scheduled these days! UGH.

My dog will have to deal with having me around all the time, instead of my mom! Ha.

Hope you are all healthy and happy today-
A
Old 09-12-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Managed to sneak an extra day off today, I needed it to catch up on work but man am I bored when I'm not rushing around for anything.

Thanks Dee.

Hope you feel better soon August, I'm sure your dog will love having you around.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey OT, glad you're doing well and keeping busy. I knew you were okay...college is a busy busy time.

August, WTF is going on? You need to take a deep breath.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rest up and take it easy August
D
Old 09-12-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

It really is OOTT, but it's great. All the subjects I'm taking are so interesting.

Checking in before I leave. Feeling tired and a bit queasy, but I've got one lesson and then a five hour gap until my Maths class! I can do this.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Morning all-

OT- I love your posts! Busy, sober, happy - but taking a day off- all good.

The last couple of weeks- whew. Mostly good but- a LOT. Thanks for the hold-up-a-sec reminder, OOTT. Actually doing a pretty good job about separating supportive v not-my-issues; I am sharing with my sponsor all that is going on to help keep the focus where I have to have it, along with including other people.

If it is possible to drink more fluids than the drs tell you to, then I have done it. Feel like I take a million meds- have a different dr appt this am and had to take something last night to prep- but am following all orders as given. That was a big problem for me when I was drinking!!

I have a hard time slowing down, so trying to look at this couple of days as needed rest.

Laters, all-
A
Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Stay close OT. I was worried about you.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey all. Checking in. Super anxious about busy week and the boss working w me them a meeting coming up. My procrastination doesn't help the situation.

Hope you feel better soon Aug. OT so happy for you. !
Old 09-13-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm checking in to say sorry for bailing out on this wonderful group. I lost my way over the 4th of July weekend after sustaining some very painful injuries and used that as a reason for "relief" while out of town with friends.

I've caught up with this thread and I know OOTT would tell me that's no excuse as I see you managed to handle your very painful injuries after jumping off a cliff!

I've been up and down and in and out of SR just watching everyone's days go by while feeling in limbo.

But I am here again. I am pulling myself out from under the wagon that I've been running myself over with.

I'm very glad to see so many of you are still hanging in there and I'm also encouraged by others that have found their way back again.

Thanks,
AJ
Old 09-13-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Checking in before bed, Tuesdays are late finishes and I'm tired. I'm the top of my maths class though it seems, which is a first! I'm not sure why I dropped out of education and got drunk daily instead, I seem to be doing pretty well. I think the drinking was an experience that had to happen though, it makes me appreciate my new life and sobriety a lot more.

Good way of looking at it August, no point in pushing yourself when you're unwell, you'll only prolong it!

Sorry to make you worry Badger, how are you?

Good luck Penny, fight that procrastination.

Good to hear from you amazingjoy.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good to see you AJ. Glad you came back! I'm also in the July class, but wanted to stick here with friends also.

I disappeared during a July relapse, I don't know why we do that. It's a common thing though.

You can do it, coming back is the first step!

Xoxoxo. Sadie
Old 09-13-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back amazingjoy

D