# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 20

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-20.html

D
Old 08-02-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Yeah I get to open the new thread! I've got some amazing news! So I told the Dr yesterday that this second round of Bactrin is just not doing well and symptoms are getting worse. They gave me Doxycycline and I felt great soon after - which means I bet its Lyme Disease. I know you think I'm crazy but I need to know what the heck is going on. I had a large bulls eye rash last summer and was treated very briefly for lyme. I started having platelet, iron and fatigue issues after but I tested negative for lyme... So today I feel great. So much energy, no brain fog, completely better mood, etc. They have my blood and are testing it for lyme. Doesnt usually show but Im hoping to catch it/prove it where I just staryed the medication that works!
Old 08-02-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's hoping

D
Old 08-03-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning all! Two more days off. Going to watch the new Jason Bourne film today, have a bath, and then study. The weather's too bad to go on a trek.

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Hope things work out PHRD, this has been going on far too long!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!
Rainy weather here too OT so I am staying in again . Dang.
I'm getting all the naps in I can before Monday. School starts then!!

I will go work out today, as I have promised myself. Other than that, just eat healthily and watch some good TV.

Hope you feel better PHRD! Chronic problems like that are awful. Ugh.

Hi Dee!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 182. Doing good. Just busy with family and trying to avoid the electronic tethers that dominate me so.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good news, PHRD!! I hope things keep getting better.

Today is a beautiful day because it is my BIRTHDAY!! And I am...40! It feels fantastic. I wasn't really worried or dreading it or whatever but I didn't quite expect to feel so good. I wrote on my calendar (last week), on today, "Love" as my main to do - "so proud, so good, so strong, so blessed." That is exactly how I feel. This 40 thing is way better than last year's beginning to 39! And I am a little girl about my birthday, so me things are planned.

It was OT I think who asked about my sponsor breakup. It went...OK. Not fun at all, but I did it. My goal was to stay calm, appreciative of what she has done, and clear. Our conversation confirmed my decision- her interrupting-ness, telling me what's what, and confusing instructions were all there. On the instructions part- she has often said "when we start working the steps [...]" and I've been like "Huh?! I am almost 6mos sober, I have worked 1-3 here, lady" then two days ago, she says "ok, I want you do to your step 4 and we will meet to discuss it." Huh??!! So giving a short version of my reaction to this is that I bought a notebook just for it and am going to do it (she did give good instructions- do it in pen so you can't erase, go back and add things if you need to, go back through young adulthood-teens-childhood- and such). I am ready to do it - but I do not know if I want to go over it with her. It may be the perfect way to "End" our sponsor/sponsee thing - though on this, she wants us to still meet and talks about skype-ing and calendars and that is also confusing - or I may just save it for my other sponsor. Perhaps a clean break after our conversation is what I need, and will (again) communicate calmly and respectfully. She has helped me get to where I am and I want to respect that.

Badger- great on being in the 180s! I am excited for 6 months in just 17 days!

Happy Wed all-
A
Old 08-03-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Thank you all for checking in. I have an easy week, though the anticipation of upcoming work stress is spoiling my mental landscape somewhat. But on balance all is well!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I feel so lost without work, I can't wait to start college in September. Being busy keeps me sane.

You sound really gutted about that Lee!

Good to hear from you Badger.

Happy birthday August!!!
So wait, your ex-sponsor still wants to go through your step 4 with you? Seems like something you should find a new sponsor for. If you weren't comfortable having her as a sponsor are you going to find it comfortable telling her this personal stuff?
Everyone's different but my sponsor was taking me through Step 4 after our first meeting...
Maybe she's thinking of staying a temporary sponsor until you find someone else?

Mel - Hope work goes well, don't let it spoil your current mood.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Fort February, checking in from sunny Cabo. Badger and Lee, I'm not able to text so I'll have to post here.
Everything is going great, but there's lots of booze here. My new wife doesn't drink or drinks minimally, so that's a huge help. We had iced tea at dinner last night.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fantastic! Was just going to text you to see how it is going. Have a great time and I will check in here more often since you can't text.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't usually talk about my parents here, I try not to make the things they say and do a big part of my life. But I'm feeling a bit angsty today. Met the guy my mum's totally not having an affair with, it was awkward. My dad told me he didn't care about my promotion - he's also been telling me the past few months that I won't get into uni and wouldn't get my loan. Already got my loan so that's one thing! Sorry guys, just needed to get it out there. I'm gonna leave it at that.

Good to hear from you OOTT!

Goodnight soldiers.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday August252015
Old 08-03-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Saying hi quickly before bed. Glad Cabo is great OOTT! Hello to everyone else! OT you are at the right age when you can seperate out your life from what your parents do or say. You know them. You know what their like. Expect it and don't let it bother you. One of my parents was always critical and toxic - I finally just had nothing to do with him when I was 40. Speaking of 40! Congrats August! Time is flying. Ok quick health update. Still feel back to normal, much better mental clarity. I called the drs this afternoon and they have the Lyme results but said they can't tell me what they are until the Dr looks at them. Ok... Oh the other thing OT was you get to the point where you know your parents shaped who you are today with both the good and the bad but you know you can't blame them for how you live and build you life going forward. Its up to you. And you are doing one stellar job in my book! Amazing! K night Febs
Old 08-03-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning all! I'm staying at a friend's house tonight so don't be concerned if I disappear for a little while.

Thanks PHRD, only one more year and then I'm outta here. It's going to be a sober year as well.
Keep us updated on those results.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Today is a beautiful day because it is my BIRTHDAY!!
Do something fun!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Happy belated, August!

Check-in for Thursday, August 4th. I a great frame of mind. Ready for school on Monday. Summer has been excellent, restful, and extra-long since I have not had hangovers. Summer vacation is such a gift for teachers, but we work hard! Also a great gift for teachers in recovery!

Had a great workout this morning and mentally just in a great place right now. Feel very solid in my recovery.
Have a great day, all!
Lee

Day 157!!
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Happy B day, August.

Its back to school time for Lee. I have to say, it seems like summer just flew by, but we're going to all have such a great Fall this year.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Has Badger checked into the Fort?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great news OOTT!! Keep having fun!

Yep, cleared things up with sponsor 1 today. Kinda hoped for vm and only got it because we had a bad connection and I called right back; replayed the msg and was calm, clear and respectful. I had accepted that her reaction would be just that and was pleasantly surprised that I got a positive text from her. Done.

So, after meeting with sponsor 2 - now just "my sponsor!"- yesterday, and we reviewed 2 & 3 in our workbook, and I am doing my step 4. After checking in here, I am going to sit down for an hour and start putting pen to paper... (accountability check there!).

SUPER day yesterday- thanks for the wishes. Very positive today, too. Really felt like yesterday, powerfully, I got the "THIS day, this ONE day" is amazing concept, and settled into it. So grateful and happy being 40!

Happy Thu all-
A