Notices

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Thank you both. You are right, I have the opportunity to actually remember and enjoy it this time around. And our kids do too. Not just drink myself into a stupor to manage anxiety. My first wedding (about15 years ago) was a blur. This time my fiance and i are just keeping it small and doing what we want. I really have no reason to worry, but I know I will anyways, lol.
Hey nmd - my wedding was only 10 months ago and I can't remember it. Ours was a little affair, rented a big house and had just family and a few friends there for 3 nights - his daughters ruined it for me, being selfish and self centred and that has been an issue ever since. Drunk I can't deal with the way they manipulate their father but sober I can ignore their games and get on with living my life.
Day 17 - feeling good about myself, obviously emotional about our separation but I guess that is to be expected.
So pleased that everyone is still here and managing to keep believing in themselves - I believe in all of you, we have this in ourselves and we can lead a fantastic sober life. Thank you for all your amazing support x
Old 07-07-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Disonant View Post
Starting day 17. It's a miracle.
That's no miracle, that's your determination to live a sober life which you can enjoy every single moment.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:13 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
sober style

30 days done, Friday is 31. Not much of note to say. No cravings or serious thoughts of drinking, still glad to be free of all the complications alcohol used to cause me. Maybe a little flat emotionally. I've made some progress cutting back on coffee, that's good. Only 6 cups a day now!

I'm really in a rut with the same old foods I'm eating, might be adventurous and try out a few new Youtube recipes.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Waking up, get to work , seeing the police officers in Dallas tax killed by snipers. Man this world is nuts.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Waking up, get to work , seeing the police officers in Dallas tax killed by snipers. Man this world is nuts.
Yep, I live in Dallas and this is pretty upsetting considering the entire downtown area is closed off today. I can't think of a time in my life that they've shut Dallas down. We live in a hate filled world and to know that my children are living in it too, makes me feel guilty that I brought them into it.

Day 33 for me and I woke up feeling good. My husband is going to our lease (hunting) today so it'll be me and the kids this weekend. I'm looking forward to my daughters soccer tournament this weekend. Her first game is at 8:30am way out in Allen, Tx so we'll be getting up at the crack of dawn to drive there. I know I won't be hung over so I'm seriously looking forward to it.
My son was invited to join an FC Dallas team (soccer team) the day before yesterday which is a big deal because they're a great team. However, I know a few parents of the kids there and while I like them I dislike a comment that was made by one of them. My son played a tournament with this team a few months back. There was an early morning game and I showed up to the game like usual however, I was drinking a red bull. The father of one of the players said, "ohhhh, redbull, thats an alcoholics coffee". They know me pretty well as their son is one of my sons good friends. That comment right there was the first comment from anyone in my life that noticed and said something about my problem. It made me feel like complete crap and I'll never forget it. I want so bad to tell them I quit drinking but then that shows that I admitted it. *sigh*

((HUGS EVERYONE)) Happy SOBER Friday!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for all the families and communities affected by violence today.

D
Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I slipped...not just a drink but a binge. There are so many things I can blame but the real blame lies with me. No sooner did my granddaughters leave, I drank. I am so mad at myself. This has to stop. There is no alcohol in the house and I'm committing today that July 8 will be alcohol free. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to leave this group and move on to the July group, but it is what it is. I'm going to miss you
Old 07-08-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Optimist, keep checking in here as well. There are lessons to be learned from this, so use them and make your next recovery your last.

Remember, all of us have "quit for good" half-a-hundred times. All you can do is focus your energies on renewing your commitment.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Day 19 for me, day 25 since my last binge. Happy Friday, Junes!
Old 07-08-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Soberforme,
I gotta be honest, I'm not sure that remark was directed towards you, but I do know whenever I hear something like that, I'll think the same thing. As an alcoholic, I'm way way over sensitive to things that think are all about me and they're really not. I'm becoming aware of my self centeredness nature that often alcoholics may share.
Just my opinion.
More importantly, ....Congratulations ! Proud for the soccer team invite !! ( regardless of ANY remarks).
Old 07-08-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

My goal for today: keep looking forward to an AA meeting in the morning. Thankful I'm living in the now- today. My higher power has me, right now, and I'm glad !
Old 07-08-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Soberforme,
I gotta be honest, I'm not sure that remark was directed towards you, but I do know whenever I hear something like that, I'll think the same thing. As an alcoholic, I'm way way over sensitive to things that think are all about me and they're really not. I'm becoming aware of my self centeredness nature that often alcoholics may share.
Just my opinion.
More importantly, ....Congratulations ! Proud for the soccer team invite !! ( regardless of ANY remarks).
Yeah, I hope you're right I hope they don't' actually think I'm an alcoholic. Oh well, even if it was truly a jab at me, it opened my eyes and helped me with my decision to quit.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
Optimist, keep checking in here as well. There are lessons to be learned from this, so use them and make your next recovery your last.

Remember, all of us have "quit for good" half-a-hundred times. All you can do is focus your energies on renewing your commitment.
Thanks Username. I will check in here as well...
Old 07-08-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Day 42. Yesterday was another "pretty good" day. One of my favorite things about being sober is my ability to be truly present and available for my family. Last night, I made an easy dinner but thought, "the kids need some fresh vegetables or fruit," so I made a kale salad and cut up a melon. It sounds so small and silly, but my drunk a$$ would have been more than satisfied to just throw something together, so it's progress.

The weekends are generally harder than weekdays, due to a lack of structure and more noise and conflict (I'm still sensitive to loud noise, and I'm starting to wonder if it's just my personality?) However, we have some plans and I'm hoping to be motivated to unpack and do some work around the house.

Optimist, please stay! I've restarted countless times, and we can all learn from these experiences.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
30 days done, Friday is 31. Not much of note to say. No cravings or serious thoughts of drinking, still glad to be free of all the complications alcohol used to cause me. Maybe a little flat emotionally. I've made some progress cutting back on coffee, that's good. Only 6 cups a day now!

I'm really in a rut with the same old foods I'm eating, might be adventurous and try out a few new Youtube recipes.
Snazzy, don't forget Pinterest! I have a million recipes pinned that I'm dying to try...
Old 07-08-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Good morning Junebugs,
Quick check in before another long work day. 11 hours today. Ugh. Day 12.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Starting day 18. Not really feeling anything. Don't feel bad nor do I feel good. Not interested in doing anything, kind of just waiting for the day to end.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Originally Posted by Disonant View Post
Starting day 18. Not really feeling anything. Don't feel bad nor do I feel good. Not interested in doing anything, kind of just waiting for the day to end.
I've been dealing with a lot of emotional flatness as well. I just tell myself that it's a lot better than crippling anxiety and self-reproach.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Day 49. I am starting to feel the mental fog lift. I now realize the impact alcohol abuse has on the brain. I've been miserable for the last 15 years. Incapable of experiencing pleasure without alcohol coursing through my veins. I have little moments each day where I do feel a pang of joy and optimism however fleeting. I can't remember what it feels like to be in a good mood, but I'm making great progress.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by Username7775 View Post
I've been dealing with a lot of emotional flatness as well. I just tell myself that it's a lot better than crippling anxiety and self-reproach.
Very much my thinking as well.