Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 27

Old 08-10-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Tops, that's great news. I always feel a bit sorry when I wish everyone a great weekend, knowing you're often working, but now you'll be joining us on Sunday

I have some visitors coming for lunch today, so I'll need to clear up a bit here this morning. I'm not good at feeding people - soup is my main offering, but it's a bit odd in mid summer! If all else fails we can go and forage for some roots and berries in the garden I suppose.
I try to discourage summer visitors (except the swallows of course)

Have a great day all.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Bloody He'll,. what happened to the forum.

Couldn't post.

5 weeks yesterday.

Back later...!

🤔
Old 08-11-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

At least we're back now Obo

Like I said to someone else it's only the second unplanned outage I can remember - sometime websites break

D
D
Old 08-11-2016, 12:35 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

The Australian government census site crashed too...

Luck I'm not paranoid....!

No worries Dee, you don't know.what you've got till it's gone...

😉
Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Top that schedule sounds so much better- I hope it works out!

Free- I need to remember your company dinner plans for the next time I have uninvited guests

Mariah- sounds like you'll be able to get some rest and I'll be praying for your family ❤️

Noolan up and everyone - hope y'all have a great sober wed! I always wake up feeling so accomplished that I have stayed sober ... Then the night comes ... Thanks for the encouragement. It really helps !
Old 08-11-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning Fools

Obo ~ I'm surprised Dee didn't post the link here. SR backup site Home | Recovery Forum
Old 08-11-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Izzy, the evenings will get better, believe me. I thought I'd always have that craving when I prepared dinner, but I can't imagine wasting an evening with alcohol now. You're doing great, just keep on with your mission and remember that your AV is cunning, it will try to catch you unawares. But you're on a roll now so it has no chance!

I often wonder why my visitors keep coming back after experiencing my culinary offerings. Perhaps they imagine that one day something other than soup will be on the menu. If that is the case, I fear they may be worn down by the inevitable disappointment.

Obo, 5 weeks - fabulous!

Almost the weekend, I'm in for the Bargain.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I was getting around to it UP - thanks

Have a good weekend everyone
Old 08-11-2016, 09:34 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Just put in some new Saltillo tiles ... Learned the hard way that they must be pretreated before being grouted ... Oh well- now I know! It's funny how all those house projects suddenly get finished when we're getting ready to leave ...

Free- you must make a mean soup! That sounds very fall-ish and I am definitely ready for fall weather and festivities

If Obo is 5 weeks, I must be around 4. Yay fools!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Fabulous on 5 weeks Obo & 4 for you Izzy!!

Mean soup & great company I'm sure Free

So glad your going to be getting a better schedule TS, that will be a good thing!

Another late night for me here....took most of the day off today & got a lot done here at home that so needed done. I didn't realize how unorganized I've let things get around here & the medication for depression & anxiety is helping so much. I didn't realize I was in such a funk until I started feeling better.

Hope you all have a great Friday
Old 08-11-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Night Up
Old 08-12-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

😀

We have a bed we're off the floor....

It's the small things.

Right in for the bargain...!

😇
Old 08-12-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Oh yeah, a bed is good! In for the bargain
Old 08-12-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
Just put in some new Saltillo tiles ... Learned the hard way that they must be pretreated before being grouted ... Oh well- now I know! It's funny how all those house projects suddenly get finished when we're getting ready to leave ...
Never heard that tile name * Saltillo * before Izzy, ....beautiful !

Sounds like me detailing a vehicle just before selling it, and thinking , " dang, ...why didn't I keep it this nice, ....ever ?! "

Freein ,;---- "If that is the case, I fear they may be worn down by the inevitable disappointment."

Yea Obo, ..it's the little things ,

Sleep well mate !

Glad you're feeling better Mariah,...

Up, ...did you ride today ?
....I had a chance but let it slip away
Old 08-12-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Obo, congrats on the 5 weeks!

I've been doing guiding meditations on YouTube recently and this hippie this morning was going on about swimming in a lagoon and discovering a tortoise there. The tortoise is a land dwelling reptile, hippie! Besides that is was helpful.

Today was a good day. I completed training with one of the higher grades and now have a job through January. I have to grind to try to get a permanent job, but one thing at a time. Not feeling like a workout, but I took a rest day yesterday, so I best practice what I preach. Have a great day and/or night!
Old 08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
Obo, congrats on the 5 weeks!

I've been doing guiding meditations on YouTube recently and this hippie this morning was going on about swimming in a lagoon and discovering a tortoise there. The tortoise is a land dwelling reptile, hippie! Besides that is was helpful.
Lol, things like that get to me too.

That's great news about the job.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Well, before life on the farm ... I thought a pony was a baby horse and there was some confusion about roosters vs chickens lol ...

Yes, top- were all in awe at how nice things now look. Unfortunately, we didn't wait long enough to walk on the tiles so I have to regrout a couple ... !?

And there's a big stain on my carpet I can't get out ... Any ideas?

Hey but I'm sober! Count me in for the bargain

By the way free- mean soup means yummy- do y'all say that wayyyyyyyy over there?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday...

Olympics.

Roast vegetables and rice...

Baby happy...

Life is clearly better sober and out of the Kong!

Come on Australia !

😆
Old 08-13-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by izzy8 View Post
Well, before life on the farm ... I thought a pony was a baby horse and there was some confusion about roosters vs chickens lol ...

Yes, top- were all in awe at how nice things now look. Unfortunately, we didn't wait long enough to walk on the tiles so I have to regrout a couple ... !?

And there's a big stain on my carpet I can't get out ... Any ideas?

Hey but I'm sober! Count me in for the bargain

By the way free- mean soup means yummy- do y'all say that wayyyyyyyy over there?
Stain be gone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuZvZPAd6g
Old 08-13-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday, fools! Strange urge to buy bourbon came over me this morning at the store. I'm not sure if it's because of having a job and things feel like they are moving forward after not working for 7 months or what. That said, I "played the tape through" like they taught me at sober summer camp, AKA rehab and I recalled I know how this ends up.

It was effective, though. All my relapses over the past two years have been on an impulse. I know some say relapse starts well before the day it happens; however, for me it's always been a sudden thought and action. Glad this time is different. I know what picking up does. It means there is no tomorrow. I'm fixated on how I feel that moment and maintaining that feeling until I pass out and repeat in the morning.

Anyways about to grab breakfast with a friend and then might just lay low today. It's been an arduous week. Glad I'm sober and glad I'm on this path.