Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 21

Old 06-22-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It sure is quiet. I've helped my parents move, and I've bought stuff so that I can plant a bunch of field strawberries that have been acting out elsewhere in my yard. DD2 and I are counting the days and are so exited about going to London. We had to wait in line for more than two hours to renew her passport, and we have to wait ten days to get it. I suspect it won't come in the mail before we leave, so I have to think about a possible plan B.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

samantha one day at a time your healthy lifestyle will definitely help you stay sober.
I went for a bike ride last night at 10:30 it clears my head if I miss my ride I feel anxious.
The next 5 days or so in Northern Ca. it is going to be in the 100's summer is here.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post

Why do you have to get out of the house during those hours, Ladybug? Do you keep alcohol at the house? I know your husband is understanding and supportive of your sobriety, so I kind of assumed he didn't keep any alcohol around either. Anyways, just curious on the reasoning behind that statement as for me my house is my safe harbor. Hope you and Abbybug and Ladybuglet and Mr. Bug have a wonderful day.
.[/I][/B]
Casey, no we do not keep alcohol in the house (except hubby's whiskey, which I would never drink blech). That early evening time of day is hard because that is when my AV and cravings usually hit. I have found many excuses to run to the store when I am actually sneaking to the liquor store too. I don't know, it's hard to explain, but if I make plans and am out of the house with the kiddos the cravings aren't as strong. It's the being home alone that kills me. I know I'm not alone with 2 kids, but you know what I mean ....Hope that all makes a little sense.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

FINALLY checking in on day 9. Had to run my kids all over the place and treat our house for a small flea problem! Ugh! The expensive flea medicine we give our pets each month does NOT work! Good news...I found something that I think is gonna do the trick!

I have treatment at 6:00. Can't wait!

I haven't had a chance to read the post...I will try later. Trying to eat something real quick.

I hope you are all having a blessed, sober, happy day! Xo
Old 06-22-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's so quiet. I am posting a joke. It's a little off color, so I hope no one is offended. It's pretty funny, though.

A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is
leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette,
with a satisfied smile on its face.

The egg, looking a bit pissed off, grabs the sheet,
rolls over, and says, 'Well, I guess we finally
answered THAT question.'
Old 06-22-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is funny.

After the husbands fifth trip to the host's bar for refills,
the wife said, "Aren't you embarrassed to go back so many times?"
Hubby: Nope. I keep telling them it's for you.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Haha, Bobbieka, you made me laugh Thanks!

We are heading to a little gathering with some of my hubby's old work buddies - not big drinkers and they have 2 little girls so should be fun for all. Will check back in before bed.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good ones Bobbie.
Have fun LB!

I'm just struggling to find posting time with my 3 rugrats needing me ALL the time. Hahaha.

Tomorrow begins full blown summer vacation. I need to find a way to put the kibosh on my 6 and 4 year old's terrible fighting. (Pokes eyeball out...)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi all, yikes it sure is quiet. I hope everyone's ok. Glad everyone in the early days has come back so quickly.

I feel a bit more normal today.
72 days sober now too and no intention of going back. I'm meant to be at my other job today (I've been off from one of them all week) But I think I'm going to stay home and take an actual day off, I've been stressed organising so much I really need a break. I'm sure they'll understand given the circumstances.
I have a lot of studying to catch up on too so I'll try to get some easy things out of the way, I know I can get some time off for bereavement but because it's grad school with self imposed deadlines it will only really make it harder for myself. I'll try and stick around here a bit more now too, I was quiet angry over what happened so I've been incredibly irritable and didn't want to snap at anyone. I'm feeling friendlier today
Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Kiki great to see you starting that treatment sorry I haven't said anything yet but I'm really proud you're doing this!!

Bobbie that first joke made me laugh so hard my dog got up and walked off. I am an embarrassment to him

Casey it's good to see you posting more again I'd missed seeing all your longer posts. Bland spaghetti is the worst.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I had a great day today...lots of exercise and sunshine
Back to work tomorrow - hoping to formulate some sort of plan to deal with work stress as it has gotten to an unmanageable level. I have not read through all the posts yet but I will catch up. I hope you are all having a great night!!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey, Immri. I just woke up from a nap. Rescuing my daughter from jail was hard work. It really was kind of funny.

You're sounding really strong. I've been putting some thought into the slips that our class has had lately. When I can form my thoughts I'll share.

My therapist is afraid I'll crash and burn because I'm doing too much. I say this while I am laying on my couch. Nonetheless, something I'll be paying attention to. Mindfulness seems to be serving me well.

Need to hear from a few. BBG, SpaceGoat. Clearlyheaded.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Bobbie.

I am so dang proud of my 111 days but as I believe MITA mentioned it may be a thing for me that I can't get past 3-4 months. I can try some other bad girl behavior every three months I suppose but I am not one to want so many tattoos lol.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Evening, friends! Just a short check-in.....gotta be up early but I can't imagine how brutal these overtime hours would be if I was still drinking.....seriously, I can't thank you all enough!
Old 06-22-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why do you need to be a bad girl applekat?

D
Old 06-22-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Can't wait to hear your thoughts Bobbie.

I am so dang proud of my 111 days but as I believe MITA mentioned it may be a thing for me that I can't get past 3-4 months. I can try some other bad girl behavior every three months I suppose but I am not one to want so many tattoos lol.
Maybe you can't get past 3-4 months. But maybe you can!

I didn't mean to intimate that you could not. It just seems to be a difficult point for many of us. I think as we move from short term sobriety to, hopefully, long term sobriety we might need a different kind of plan and a different mind-set. I have not figured it out because I've never been there . If I had figured it out, I would gladly share!!

Anyway, I'm not getting a tattoo. I'll leave that to all you Betty Freakin Crockers.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Haha Dee. I just mentioned in one of my posts that I sometimes feel like I have these occasional slips because I feel like breaking a rule in my otherwise very structured life. Hence my membership in the Betty Crocker Club. Meh. There's no way I would really get my first tattoo at 34 anyway. I hear you MITA, I didn't presume you were speaking to me - it was a valid thought that I realized applied to me. But I am going to figure out how to add to my toolbox to prevent my rule-breaking slips.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I think that, a lot like Caroline Knapp, alcohol is like an ex lover. We don't want to engage, but it's been a part of our lives so long, that when they text (urge) we have a yearning that tends to stay in the back of our minds. I knew I was going to drink days before I did. I didn't talk about it, because I didn't want to be talked out of it. Pretty sure, Apple, Sam, and LB, BBG, and Goat are the same. Like I would have done if I knew I was going to hook up with an old boyfriend. I know it's a bad idea, but would one more time really hurt? It had become such a part of my daily routine, so much a part of my life, I wasn't quite ready to say "never again".

Fact is, it is a toxic, abusive relationship, with alcohol doing all of the taking, and us doing all of the giving. We give up our time, our families, our freedom in order to stay in this abusive relationship.

I'm kicking this a-hole to the curb. I am stronger, and I'm going to start being my best self. Running, mindfulness, meditation, therapy. I've decided to start dating other guys.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Home from my first treatment!!! Ate dinner and just checking in before bed.

I really loved IOP. There are 10 of us and 2 counselors that run it. All 10 of us are alcoholics. The diversity is awesome. I can already tell we are gonna really bond because we are all in the same exact place.

I have it again tomorrow night at 6:00 and I'm looking forward to it. I think this is going to give me the foundation I need. Tonight we discussed triggers, recovery plans and goals, the disease of addiction and many many more things and watched some videos.

:-)
Old 06-22-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yes Bobbie I agree and incidentally reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from DALS:

"It happened this way: I fell in love and then, because the love was ruining everything I cared about, I had to fall out."