# 61 (permalink)  

Nite guys! Love and prayers for you all! 🙏😊❤️
Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, all.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Not a great day today. I had to meet a business contact today with a co-worker....I knew it was going to be a happy hour, but I was ready to order my club soda and enjoy some snacks.

I get there and she had already ordered two REALLY nice bottles of wine - they were opened and poured into wine decanters. Beautiful glasses and fine wine. I was caught off guard and I had to tell her I don't drink....my coworker was like...."Since when???!!!" Awkward, uncomfortable. Felt bad she wasted money, wasn't sure what to say, apologized....and then the craving set in. I was SURROUNDED by bottles of wine at this wine bar - I didn't realize it was a wine bar....just thought it was going to be a restaurant.

They drank wine, I drank ice tea, which the waiter put in a wine glass...which didn't help my desire to drink at all. Sat there for 90 MINUTES while they drank. I left that place sober, but really really pissed off that this is my life now.

Then we went to dinner with a business associate....who offered us some wine as soon as we walked in the door - two hours of watching more people drink while I sipped ice tea. I've had so much ice tea, I won't be sleeping tonight I bet.

I won't put myself in that spot again. Poorly, poorly planned on my part.

One more day of this business trip, which right now feels like this!
Attached Images
Old 06-22-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

The main thing is you made it, LG

D
Old 06-23-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

LG, that sounds like a real uncomfortable situation but you made it through. I'm often the only one not drinking at work functions, and dinners with clients or prospects. It's not easy.

Hana is doing fine. She has to wear that cone for a while . They took a biopsy, but the results won't be back for a week or so. I've had a number of dogs over the years and they've all been great. Hana is the best, though. We will spoil her even more than usual as she recovers. She pays us back in spades.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hope your dog feels better soon, MITA.

It's sunny and nice outside and I'm about to do some strawberry work.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello, I know I don't post enough!! Been going to AA so much! I am still a Marchy though and will be here more.

90 days today! Not one has been easy. Ok, maybe a couple. One day at a time has been my motto. Also baby steps towards self forgiveness. Shame and fear are my stumbling blocks!!

Have a great day everyone! I am going to read a lot of these posts and get catched up on everyone sometime in the next two weeks.

If you have stumbled, jump back on the horse! I have done it many times.

Peace and blessings,
Lilly

Old 06-23-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad Hana is OK MITA

Congrats again on 90 days Lilly

D
Old 06-23-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Checking in this morning. Heading to work at a normal human hour....my attempt at setting some boundaries and putting myself first for a change. I slept in a little and went for a run and I might just stop for an iced tea on my way. I'm actually feeling great and really have not beat myself up at all about having a drink. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

MITA - so glad Hana is okay!!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Kiki - you sound great!!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

LG - amazing job on saying no to the wine!!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 3 and last night was harder than I thought it would be. One of the women brought 2 bottles of wine and asked if I would share it with her. I politely said no thanks and she was like " you're not drinking wine?" I don't even know her that well so she has no idea that I used to love wine. She and the hostess ended up drinking it together and I felt so left out. I spent most of the night chasing around my little one so its not like I could have sat there and sipped wine all night, but I still felt out of the loop. I hope this isn't the way I'm always going to feel. I mean not everyone drinks, right?? She just made me feel like such a party pooper. Of course her kids are 14 and 11 so she can sit around and drink wine all night.. Got home late so girls are tired and cranky. It's raining out today and my oldest is already complaining about being bored and hubby is in a bad mood from work. Ugh, sorry, just needed to vent this morning. Lord give me strength today! I cannot drink.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Lilly! Awesome job!

Sam, You sound like you are going into this stronger than ever.

MITA - Good morning. Take great care of Hana.

Lillian - am sure it felt sucky, but I'm really proud of you. I believe we will get to a point where the feeling of being an outsider will dissipate. If not, maybe we get to the point where we relish our difference. When we say, "I don't drink."

Ladybug- those nights might suck for a while, but I know when I was drinking and someone else wasn't, sometimes a thought would cross my mind, "I wish I could be like that." We'll get there. They will want to be us.

Fabela- I love strawberries. I hope you are enjoying your day.

Time for me to work. I had a dream about us - our class. It was strange to say the least. The weirdest part about dreaming of you guys is the fact that I know you when I see you.

Casey - The dream was scary because we all got together and you didn't show up. Was worried about you. Hope you are in a good space.

BBG - Time to check in. signed, Mom
Old 06-23-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 10. AA today and IOP tonight. Gotta run pick my daughter up from her volunteer thing but will check in later.

Congrats to all those who got through tough moments surrounded by alcohol. Way to be strong!!!

Great job to everyone on their sober days!!!

To anyone struggling....never give up!

Love you guys!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning, Kiki! Have a great, sober day!
Old 06-23-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Not letting the class stay so quiet today, so if you don't want to hear my chatter all day, speak up! Just giving you fair warning.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

An alcoholic had sworn off drink for the hundredth time to his wife. She told him this was his very last chance. He did fine for a couple of weeks but the day came when he stopped in a bar after work with his buddies. Sure enough, one drink led to dozens. He even threw up all over his shirt.
"What will I do now?" he asked his pals, "She'll see this and KNOW I've been drinking!"
"No problem," said one, "tell her you stopped here with us and only drank soft drinks but a drunk puked on you. To make it believable, stick a $10 bill in your front pocket and say he offered to pay for the dry cleaning."
"I'll do it!" the alkie exlaimed.
When he got home, his wife was about to yell at him, but he held up his hand and explained he was innocent but a drunk puked on him.
"See? he even gave me ten dollars to pay for dry cleaning," he said, reaching in his pocket and waving money.
The wife frowned and said "Why are you holding TWO $10 bills?"
"Oh that....he $#!t in my pants, too."
Old 06-23-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'll chat with you, Bobbie. Just ate way too much pasta and don't feel like digging in the yard just yet. Saw my therapist today and we decided to go for the ten week long inpatient trauma therapy. It's going to be hell, but I think I need to go through this and get it over with once and for all.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

It will be tough and make you feel so exposed. It will be better after, though. My therapist and I are delving into that area a bit. I didn't think I let it affect me that much. Apparently I was wrong.