Notices

One Year & Over Part 39

Old 06-22-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Wolfie! I didn't hear a storm, it probably didn't reach us. Love a good storm.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Mags1;6011903My work colleague sent me an email to say I'd had a phone call from an engineer, who I've had dealings with in the past, on plant, who had heard I'm going to be out of work and he has just lost an employee. Would I like to go work for him! And to contact him when I get back to work today! It's all happening. Fingers and toes crossed. Will keep you posted![/QUOTE]

That is FANTASTIC news Mags.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Mags

D
Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Fingers crossed mags
Old 06-23-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Great news, Mags! More fingers crossed here for you.

Thanks again for all the well-wishes yesterday. Just three more years and I get my marbles back, right Zip?

Have a Thunderous Thursday, gang!
Old 06-23-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!

Mags - nothing to be sorry about - I had type 2 before and got rid of it within a few days of gastric bypass (typical for the version of the surgery I had). Yes, walking around here is delightful :-). So happy to hear about the job opening. Isn't it amazing and wonderful how the stars all line up at times.

Itchy . i've had a number of Jewish friends over the years so have heard (and still do) quite a few expressions. Verklempt is a favorite of a close friend who is frequently, you guessed it, verklempt.

Dharma, I read Lord of the Flies many years ago and found it a bit scary. Human nature and all that.

FBL, love "Thunderous Thursday" :-)

Cheers to all.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

shalom vee

and yeah fbl, then you get to figure out what to do with the marbles! lol

when you get to 20, i'll let you in on a little secret

i'm not there, though some old old timer spilled the beans
Old 06-23-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Mags - everything crossed for you!

Hello Overs - very nearly Friday - yay
Old 06-23-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening gang
Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Mags, best of luck! Fingers and toes crossed!

Itchy, seeing Bob Hope must have been incredible! Watching the specials played back was so humbling. I can't imagine the atmosphere, but my feeling is it must have been a group full of gratitude to both forget for a few moments but yet be brought closer to home at the same time. There was a great movie called "Bugle Boys" (I think) starring Bette Midler (one of my all-time faves) about acts touring to war zones.

Dee, so this book I have to say is intense. Giving a young boy a book about young boys who crash on a deserted island with nothing but the clothes on their back seems, well - like we would be going through the sleeping with the lights on phase again in our house! Major anxiety about flying to Florida is a sure- bet, too! I'm certainly glad I opted to read it first.

"Verklempt" immediately brings to mind Mike Myers as the Barbara Streisand-uber fan character in the Saturday Night Live skit, 'Coffee Talk'.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Been through the mill today! Can't see the guy with the job until tomorrow, work get in the way.
Got an email from union man wanting to see my colleague and myself on Monday! What, why Monday, so I rang and asked what's going on? He invited us to his office where he told us we could both have redundancy because of the way we've been treated by management. Or they would find us a job! My friend is happy, she has a lot of years in and will be worth her taking the payout. I'm going to stay at British Steel ( our new/old name), if I can find a job. The union was certainly working for us today. How the tide turns. Heyho such is life.

I feel a bit more my worth now.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone the best im off to bed feel knackered
Old 06-23-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Great news Mags!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

So happy to hear that, Mags
Old 06-23-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 06-23-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Done with week crazy. The transition back went ok, I have a lot to learn still as the website I needed to learn the order on was down all week so I'm stressing some about that even though my boss said the girl that had been helping me all week from a different store would help me. Went to all my meetings this week, my atheist and agnostic home group, Adult children of alcoholics, alanon and another meeting that I like that's close to my house. Think I found a sponsor at the last, we're going to meet next week! She's the daughter of someone I have been getting to know at meetings who doesn't sponsor because she lives in Mexico most of the year. Albertsons has been very cool so far and patient with us. I think they know how much damage this has done to all of us. I left early today after all the biggies left, and the ribbon cutting ceremony was over. Our new Mayor was there--I voted for her so it was fun to see her. We also gave a 1000 dollar check to our local Mission because they just had a bad fire that took out most of their kitchen. I was just seeing an opportunity for a break as I worked an extra day this week so got courage (from higher power) to ask our new store director to leave early and she actually gave me tomorrow off too! She's smart and I think she'll be good for us. I worried some about things but think I did the right thing. I have been learning a lot about myself through the adult children group and know if I overwhelm myself I don't do well--if I really push it I end up planting my feet in the ground like a mule and stop. I don't need that right now lol. My dept. looks great for not being done at all lol. I'm still waiting for a new arrangement cooler and I have no work area lol--wont for 3 weeks... I'll just crash produce for awhile to cut flowers I think lol.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wolf,
Hey! I started Mr. Robot last night. Love it! Thanks for the heads up.
I just looked up Ray Donovan - I love Liev Schreiber in everything he's done. Halt and Catch Fire and Donovan are both for sale not free with Prime. We dropped our cable so don't get many channels we used to.

V,
Hey dearie!

Hey Amp

FBL,
YW! You are the undisputed king of retro TV and movies too.

Sassy,
Yeah! TW3 was unique and so anti the William Buckley types posturing. Remember Mark Russel? This video really hits home.

Get a load of his polyester leisure suit like we all had in 1975. We almost made the polyester go extinct so many were hunted for those suits.

Drake,
You too! Yes, he is still enjoyable. I had Lehrer albums before George Carlin's!

Hugz backatcha Toots!

Oops! My tablet battery is at six percent - back after I plug it in.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thank you Itchy, I keep forgetting to watch Ray Donovan (they sneak released S4Ep1), tonight for sure. I also want to See American Gothic (new show), and Aquarius, and maybe some Bosch....Ha! And Bones....I need a whole lot more hours in my evening.

Sounds like a very, very full week Blue.
Glad you made it through, and so successfully.

Overs. ♥
Old 06-23-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Do your best

Venus where did they release ray donovan was it sky atlantic ?

Itchy Mr robot is by far my favourite show I loved the opening and the themes explored season 2 next month which I'm really happy about

really into Bosch at the moment & BE, there is one episode of sneaky Pete that looks brilliant, Jake the snakes resurrection on Netflix is great, I've been trying to catch colony but missed out due to mrs sw love of the walking dead I've also been watching things like nat geo wild and was in love with 11.22.63 so much so I'm 550 pages into the book & was reading this morning lol but a most excellent show

I heard Vinyl won't be getting a season 2 which sucks as the show had promise & a great soundtrack there is also shows like fortitude, the tunnel and this new one by m night shyamalan called wayward pines ?

There's lots of great tv but I still love books, reading 112263 has been different from the series similar just a lot more in depth and I have ordered stranger in a strange land as I'm sure I heard you guys singing it praises

So glad it's Friday & less humid
Old 06-23-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Yes, Vinyl has been cancelled. And I have all of Colony, wish there was a way to share.
I downloaded Ray Donovan wolfie, so probably not what you would want to do.

EDIT: My brain wasn't in gear...if there are any TV shows you want wolfie, I can easily put them on a flash drive and pop it in the post.