Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Part 15

Old 05-21-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a beautiful day I promise it will stop raining and the sun will come out once again. Some of the things I post is for my own motivation.

Starting today:
I'm going to live my life to the fullest.
I'm going to have no regrets for yesterday.
I'm going to forget about all the bad experience
I've had in the past.

I'm going to do my self a favor -
To forget about the burdens,
To forget about the pains,
To forget about the hurts.

Starting today:
I won't let anyone tell me that I can't.
I won't let anyone get in my way.
I will do things on my own.
I'm going to be my self's best coach,
And I'm going to be a good leader for myself.

Starting today:
I won't waste time on the things that I cannot change.
I won't waste time trying to change what's in the past.

I won't waste time trying to be someone I'm not.
I won't waste time trying to hide my situation.
I won't waste time worry about what people say about me -
Or my situation.

Starting today:
I'm going to live like I won't live again;
I'm going to smile like I won't smile again.
I'm going to do well in everything that I do with no regrets.
And I'm going to shape my life for the better.
Unknown author but beautiful and true
Old 05-21-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Charlie this morning....feeling lazy

http://a64.tinypic.com/315is6s.jpg
Old 05-21-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Kayak - that's beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Casey my plans for the weekend is to survive a 5 mile paddle on this River with some friends and one of my sons. Last time I did this River I got stuck upside down and almost couldn't get out of my boat :-(

FB_IMG_1463830474559-320x214.jpg
Old 05-21-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I dunno' what's happened to my sleeping. I'm usually pretty much like clock work. Asleep by 10 or so and up by 6 or so. Yesterday I slept until almost noon and this morning I've been up since 1.

I don't think it's withdrawal but I'm not really sure. It has been almost 3 weeks since my last two week bender. What do you all think?
Old 05-21-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Starting day 6! Grateful for waking up this Saturday morning and not being hungover. I am feeling good this morning. Congrats to those who are celebrating their success. Thoughts and prayers to those who are struggling.
Old 05-21-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6 Rah. Hang in there!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Remind me why I don't want to drink today....

I'm at my nieces graduation and I'm leaving soon to drive home. My AV is telling me to stop and get beer & cigs and drink the whole way home. (1 hour drive).

I'm going home early to avoid the graduation party (because of all the drinking) yet I want to get beer, chug it and then go get drunk at a bar at home. WTF???

Damn alcoholism.....

Please tell me why this is a horrid idea!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Kiki - im sorry you're struggling. Drinking never makes anything better and you will definitely regret it tomorrow. Do you have any favourite music that you can play on the drive home?
Old 05-21-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Kiki hang tough. It's a bad idea because you're an alcoholic and you know how bad you feel when you slipped in the past. It breaks your heart. Don't start over again.

I might be different but I actually find it easier not to drink when I'm with people, whether they drink or not. Mostly they aren't alcoholic so my main goal is to hide my own alcoholism. But get me off by myself and stand back. You know best of course, but yeah I've driven with six packs and even twelve packs open and going. Very bad idea. It's an absolute miracle I came through without a DUI.

You can do this and give a happy report later!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

it's a horrible idea because it's dangerous.

It's a horrible idea because you are leaving a party because of drinking.

It's a horrible idea because you don't drink!

Don't get the beer. Grab a Coke or energy drink. Drive home and be safe. Then be proud that you avoided it.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

My check in. Slept late- getting ready to go to graduation party.
Stay strong today, Friends!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

beerbegone my sleep was a mess the first time I stopped. One night good the next ridiculous. I was up at 1:30 one night, 7:00 AM the next.

This time (just day 3) sleep is no problem. I don't know why. I think it just takes time for your system to make sense of sobriety.

Congrats rah on day 6. Keep up the great work!

Kayak I sure hope you all have whitewater kayaks and helmets! Looks like fun though.

Keets I read your story and it rang so true for me. I've probably had hundreds of blackouts and at best they are stupid and humiliating, at worst, well, you know how the worst goes. Be strong, be patient with your husband. I don't really know how my wife has endured me and it's touch and go right now. She's making plans to leave so staying sober is everything to me right now. I think it is for you as well. We can do this.

Everyone have a great day. I've let so much slip that it'll take months to get things back up to speed. I told them I'm not coming back to my old job--just very tired after 20 years. So it's time to get creative for Act III of my life I guess.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I just got my car and I'm getting ready to drive home. I'm eating some candy and I'm stopping to get some food. I will not drink today!

I think I had a nostalgic moment when I was sitting there at my nieces graduation. I kept thinking about what I was doing after my graduation many years ago. Drinking! And then I kept thinking about what everyone else that's going to her graduation parties going to be doing later. Drinking!

I understand now why it's important for me to definitely stay away from all drinking situations. For example, I could probably go to the graduation party today and be around the drinking and not drink. But I can promise you if I do that tomorrow I would drink because I would say "now it's my turn!". Plus I can't drink the way I want to drink around people unless they are alcoholics like me.

Anyway I feel better now. I want to stay sober more than I want to drink, finally! I was just getting really scared when I was sitting there at the graduation because my AV was already plotting and scheming! My AV said "just get a few beers and some cigarettes just sip on them on the way home and then you can go to a bar and get blasted because your husband and kids are out of town!" Actually that's not true. My youngest son is home because he has soccer later that I'm supposed to take him to. My AV had that all planned out though. I was going to just lie to him and tell him I stayed at the party or something and get him a ride to his game.

It's amazing how much effort and creativity I put into drinking when I want to. If I just put 10% of that effort in to sobriety I will stay sober. I mean of course I want to put hundred percent into sobriety but planning to drink, lying, hiding, scheming etc. is exhausting!

I'm actually driving right now and I'm using Siri to type this for me so if there's anything misspelled I apologize. Thank you so much for all your messages they really helped and I will not drink today! I promise my youngest son I would take them to a Chinese buffet for dinner tonight and dammit I'm going to follow through!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Good for you Kiki.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Way to go, Kiki!
Old 05-21-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 70 here. This is now the second longest period of sobriety I've had since I picked up and put in that first nasty wine cooler on April 3, 1999. Next goal is a ways away at day 146 but I know I can reach it if I just keep doing today what I've done for the last 69+ days.

Already been up and at 'em for a while now this morning. Went to the farmer's market and then had breakfast with the family. Work in a few hours. Yuck. I'm working on trading shifts now. If successful, I'm going to go to an AA meeting tonight. I still haven't got my 2 month chip. At my last meeting they mentioned the guy giving them out gave one to someone else and mentioned that he was temporarily out and would have to go in another room and get some more. That was enough to keep me from going up there. That was definitely the old alcoholic in me coming out. I'm still a work in progress. And I'm probably not going to be successful on the trading shifts at work anyways. Chances are looking slim right now. I'll survive.

I had talked about updating my long post from last year about all my various relapses and day ones when I reached today, but I've decided that's an update best done when I get to the aforementioned day 146. I wrote that post last year when I reached a new record in days sober so the update should come when I do so again.

Wishing you a peaceful and sober day today, Keets. Hope your therapy session goes well. And, yes, Colorado does have good Mexican food too.

This IS going to be a good day, samantha14! I think Charlie is saying in that picture, "Put that camera down and go back to sleep with me, woman! Don't you know this is Saturday?"

Have a safe trip and a good time with your family today, KiKi0615! Check in when you can please. Build those accountability muscles. (EDIT: Just saw your next post. You cannot drink today because one drink leads to two leads to six or eight or ten for you. It leads to you making decisions you always regret the next day. It leads to awful hangovers and much unhappiness. You don't drink anymore. Period. You want a better life that is not possible with alcohol in it and you've had your last day one. Once again, keep checking in. Stay accountable. Promise us you're not going to drink today no matter what and then keep that promise. Please!) (EDIT, PART 2: Just saw your next post after that. You sound much better. Good on you for riding those thoughts out. Oh, and you need to teach your Siri to use more exclamation marks so it can be more KiKi-ish!!!)

Those rapids look a lot like the ones that dumped me the last time I went rafting, Kayak63sc. Good luck with them! Thank you as always for the nice poem. Those are words we should all live by.

No clue on the sleeping, beerbgone, but I am with you that it doesn't sound like it should have anything to do with withdrawals. I wouldn't sweat it, I'm sure it'll go back to normal soon enough and stressing on it may only prolong it.

Glad you're feeling good this morning, rah555. Each day I wake up sober is a blessing. Thank you for helping me to remember to be grateful today.

Pelagic263, I'm pretty much with you on being able to stay sober easier around other people. Especially if I've already told someone in the group that I'm not drinking. Then I don't want to go back on my word and embarrass or have to explain myself. But get me in a room by myself and that battle can definitely be on. Glad you checked in today and hope you have a nice Saturday.

Enjoy the party, Bobbieka. Looking forward to your sober check-in afterwards.

I'd love to hear from anyone who hasn't checked in yet today. You're not in this alone.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 05-21-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, Applekat?
Old 05-21-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Hi again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That was for YOU Casey!!!!!!!)

;-)

I'm home safe and sound. I ate a GIGANTIC sub sandwich & chips and an way too full to drink.

I'm gonna sneak an hour nap in before I take my son to soccer.

I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to read all the posts or help others today. I feel selfish. :-/

Thank you for helping me today guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Have a nice nap, KiKi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking in. You're showing some good progress in your recovery today and the day's barely halfway thru. Keep on doing the next right thing!