Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 26

Old 05-27-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Nice to have the option to change up shifts like that Mariah . Keeps it fresh !

Up, ....are they recommending you continue on at home in the future with the PT once they show you the routine ?

Yea, ...Mariah, ...looks like a little weather movin' in here soon for a couple days . Thankful to drive a truck to work tomorrow !?
,....40 mph ' rain gust at 2 am on a bike would literally blow .

It might be a good chance for a hot tub after work though. Guests will be hunkered down by then
Old 05-27-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I go for 3 more weeks top, they did show me some stuff to do daily at home.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I hope the physio makes a big difference to your back, UP. it'll definitely be worth going all out to make sure you give it the best possible chance.

It's been a beautiful day today. I met up with a friend for lunch, then spent the afternoon in the garden. I'm not seeing my parents tomorrow, so I have another free day. Hope to get lots done in the garden, I love this time of year. There's still the hope that everything will grow well. The hope is usually dashed by the middle of June, but for now I'm just basking in the possibility of produce.

Great to hear you're back at the gym, Mariah.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a perfect day Freein I'm really enjoying my garden too & teen Son commented the other day that it has never looked so good. I've had people walking by tell me that the yard is beautiful....makes me feel good. I went to gym for 30 minutes for an & upper body work out & came home, jumped on my bike for a nice ride down to the river. I know if I keep at it, it will make a huge difference with the anxiety. There was only two other men in the weight room, heavy lifters & one made the comment I was as crazy as they were, lifting on a beautiful day with all the festivities going on....I am woman, I am strong!!!!

Time for some lunch & get ready for work at 3:00. Be safe, be good All!!
Old 05-28-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I'm glad you are don't the PT too Up & really hope it is a start to help with the back pain! Hope you are having a good day
Old 05-28-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I try to keep my head down and stay out of the drama here and people still drag me in.
Please just shoot me. It might be better to live out of my car than to stay here.

Anyway I decided to go for a walk to try and get out of my head.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good decision Up, did it help? Beautiful area your at! Is it family drama? I am just taking quick lunch break at work so probably won't check back in here until after 11:00 tonight. Great going, taking a walk & thanks for posting pics
Old 05-28-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Step family drama, 30 somethings acting like teenagers
Old 05-28-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Cool looking area Up !

Similar looking man made roads across wetlands around here are called
" causeways " . The area you captured looks like a nice place to ride a bike

Freein, .... free for a Sunday !

I have a feelin' you'll have a record harvest this year .

Was up early to see everyone off back to Tenn. and had enough time to repair a leaky shed roof and run some exterior trim in the boathouse before the rain came at 2 this afternoon.

What an unexpected windfall to get that shed roof repaired !?
A few years ago a big limb fell thru a spot and I replaced half the hip roof with heavier gauge metal, ... never got around to fastening any ridge cap up there It only leaked with a driving rain .
Was able to fab what will have to work as a ridge cap out of one of the salvage roof panels from the earlier work. It's not pretty ,.....
But it's dry !!!

Blowin' rain has apparently set in for a while ,... our main road hasn't flooded yet !?

Yet .
Old 05-29-2016, 12:05 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

That's a lovely walk, UP. Looks a good running path too! I bet there's a lot of wildlife to look out for.

Tops, hope your family had a good visit. I bet they love seeing all the things you've been up to. Great work on the roof. I had a dream last night about a leaky roof - not my most exciting dream I have to say!

Mariah, both our gardens are going to be at their best this year. Chelsea flower show has just finished. I've tried to watch as much as possible on the TV, for a few ideas, but they don't seem to cater for the "make do and mend" fraternity, whose most technical piece of equipment is a spade. They're more in to big diggers, cranes and 4 ton boulders.

One of the exhibits was an immense cube of granite, a kind of sarcophagus, with a garden planted inside of it. The only way of seeing the garden was by looking through 6 small holes. I'm sure it was a wonderful site, but by the time people had queued up to take their turn, I'm sure it would be time for them to think about getting home for their tea.

Anyway, I'm in the mood for gardening today, time to weed around the roses.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feeling this weeks workouts & a bit exhausted. Was not able to get to sleep easily after getting home from work last night & of course, woke early & not able to get back to sleep. The situation with Son, DIL & Grandsons heavy on my heart. It seems that I will not have the privage of spending time with them unless it's in the pre ends of DIL. She is so incredibly insecure & cannot stand sharing their love & affection with me. I feel at this point I just have to walk away as I just cannot let her use those sweet boys to excerpt power over me by limiting my time with them to sitting in the playroom while she monitors our visits. The puppet theatre I built with the help of my Mom, Grandma & Aunt for Grandsons Bday last year.....was never used, it was too big in the playroom & moved to patio where it of course got wet & warped & went to the scrap pile, she did not help anitiate the fun play it could have been for them. I found the puppet I have given him at the same time with the stick maneuver torn off & asked Grandson what happened to it....he demonstrated how his Mom angrily ripped it off. So sad & feel we are being robbed of something incredibly special. My Son is as much to blame & hurts that he feels it necessary to hurt me. Thought it would help me to get my feeling out there. Mean people suck.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry you are going through that Mariah.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Those family dynamics are tough Mariah , ...
Whenever I find myself getting too worked up about family situations I really have little control over, I try to remind myself how dangerous it is for me to carry resentments .

...... if there's only one thing I ever learned in meetings ,..it's how dangerous *resentments * are for me to carry around.

I've noticed lately a lot of folks can't really "do " much of anything . They just don't have it in' m. Along with some grand overestimation of themselves, .....maybe deep down they know the truth, and that's why they act mean and stupid .

Gives them a little something to "do "

I'm a little raggid myself from the long day yesterday. Only managed to practice hand sharpening a skill saw blade today and clean /oil up the table saw. Hoping to hand sharpen a pricey blade on the miter saw and a table saw blade.

Saw a good method on youtube today, ,.......using a diamond blade. I happen to have found an old 4" round diamond blade cleaning up tools a few weeks ago, ...but the portable water cooled Makita it's made for is probably long gone.
Maybe I can find a used miniature table saw around the shop I used to sell to stained glass hobbyist for cutting metal. Fat chance !??

Probably easier to bring those blades to a shop in the next town over. I figured to save that money though, and buy a much needed new ( bastard ) file maybe.
LOL

( That's a real thing Dee )
Old 05-29-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Mariah.

and yeah Top I know lol

D
Old 05-29-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Mariah, I'm sorry to hear that the situation with your grandchildren is difficult again. That must be upsetting for you. I hope things settle down, and get back to normal soon. The children clearly love having their grandma around.

I've just finished a Pilates workout - goodness it was tough. My abs let me down every time. More practice needed with these Pilates sit up moves, it looks so easy when the instructor does it, but I have a feeling she has a secret pully system attached to the ceiling, that helps to lift her up. It's just not natural.

Another dry day, this is unprecedented for a bank holiday weekend. But very welcome.

Have a great day all.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

FReein You go Girl!!! My least favorite area to work are my abs but I've been doing planks & man oh man am I feeling it!!

Letting go is so much easier said than done but I know for my own sanity, happiness & recovery it's what I need to do. I know DIL would like to see me kickin & screaming but NOT going to happen. I am going to take care of myself, pray for myself & them & keep busy.

I have today off & going to drive down river with my Mom. Enjoy the day all!n
Old 05-30-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Sounds like y'all are in for a nice holiday !
I feel esp. grateful to be sober today,...there's a bit of tradition to drink a lot during tropical storms on the coast . It seems to be holding with some guests at work so far this week anyway !?

Great work on your core y'all .

Up,...you still movin' forward with the home PT stuff ?

Dang, I just woke up and will be on call in less than an hour with the holiday here. This is more like a *normal* schedule for daytime workers I guess. Not much time to get personal stuff done before heading to work .
Old 05-30-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yea, but not as much as I should be tops.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Mariah, it's good to hear that you're focusing on looking after yourself. I hear you about the planks! I think I can manage 60 secs. But after that, I tend to get "wobbly".

Tops, hope your work day goes well, with no "incidents". It's always a bit of a lottery if there's a lot of people drinking. The holidays used to be a big trigger for me, what a waste of a day that used to be!

I'm reading (yet another) self development book. I've read so many over this last couple of years, you'd think I'd be pretty developed by now. But sadly not! This one is called "be so good they can't ignore you". It's about job satisfaction. I'm going through a slump at work at the moment, and need a bit of a kick restart. I'm quite enthused about it at the moment, and I'm hoping the enthusiasm will still be with me when I leave for work tomorrow morning !?

Hope everyone's had some time to relax this weekend.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Hi UP