Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 04-09-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Balls. Back to Day 0 it is. There is no good reason, just the AV getting the better of me. Damn, damn, damn. I feel so stupid. Dammit.
Dust yourself off and start anew. It sucks. Trust me...I know! I've started over dozens of times since last November. But each time I have learned something. All we really have is "today". Hang in there, get some rest & don't beat yourself up...it does no good. We love you! This can be your last day 0 ever! I know I NEVER want another day 0! Together we can do it!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Good morning everyone, Day 16 for me. I had my first drinking dream last night in which I drank a whole bottle of wine (in reality one would not have been enough) and I woke up with a pounding headache....but grateful that it was just a dream. Still feeling a little sad this morning but I am going to focus on making living amends (thanks Kiki!) and showing the people I love that I am really committed to doing this. Horsestaple - I'm sorry to hear you drank but today is a new day and we are here for you Well off to work - yes I work Saturdays....woo-hoo ☹️
Ugh...drinking dreams suck, don't they? You are doing so great Samantha! Keep fighting...better days are coming!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning guys, just checking in on day 5. I have some things to do that stress me out today. It's 7:15 on Saturday morning and my AV is already saying "Kiki...it's gonna be a stressful day but you can drink when it's over around 3:00 pm!"

Oh my gawd NO!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AV!!!!!!!

Now my AV is causing "premeditated cravings!" I am gonna check in a lot today...as much as possible. I will get through today sober PERIOD! Saturday & Sunday are always hard for some reason.....and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Lol (((banging my head on a wall))) ha.

Anyway...off to get ready for the day....

I can't give into my AV today and I won't drink no matter what!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Lol Funny YouTube clip Pelagic!!! Hahahaha :-)
Old 04-09-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good day to all, just checking in.

Glad you're back on a soberhorse, horsestaple. Grab the reins and hold on. You can do it.

Sorry Sam, I did that drunk thing to my wife about a thousand times more than I care to admit. Horrible thing to do. Stay strong, I know you can do it.

Kayak, stay strong. Travel is always a risk for me, especially when I arrive.

Here's a clip from "Down By Law," one of favorite Jim Jarmusch movies: "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rK3s_BP9kE

Have a good, sober day and weekend one and all. I had a dull, and hence somewhat dicey, Friday evening. My wife was out late and I heard from my AV. Went to bed early instead.
That clip is hysterical. I think we could be March Ice Cream Madness!

I feel a little complicit in the whole Ice Cream thing - and I am big fan of it when you are feeling low or run-down - but good, high quality, full fat ice cream. Having said that, I've been eating like crap since my late night ice cream binge the other day. A tell tale sign for me is some stiff and achy joints, which I've got going today. So its back on the healthy food wagon as well as the sobriety wagon!

Some reasonably good sleep last night after a very busy work week. We had one woman resign a few backs and another just gave her notice yesterday. The job market definitely is (finally) picking up around here. I'm happy for both of them, but it's always more work through these transitions. There is good and bad to that - a little more work stress means I've got to be a little more vigilant with my sobriety, but a busier MITA is usually a sober MITA.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Horsestaple feeling sheepish. I find that juxtaposition a little humorous! Ha.

I don't mean to make light of your situation, Horsestaple. We all make mistakes. Tomorrow IS another day, and you can just pick up from there. Mrs. Horsestaple, the Girl and the Boy AND you all deserve the best version of Mr. Horsestaple there is. Don't you think?
Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Dust yourself off and start anew. It sucks. Trust me...I know! I've started over dozens of times since last November. But each time I have learned something. All we really have is "today". Hang in there, get some rest & don't beat yourself up...it does no good. We love you! This can be your last day 0 ever! I know I NEVER want another day 0! Together we can do it!
Thanks guys. Thanks everyone. I'll staple myself back on the horse in the morning (it's 10pm here right now).

Facepalm
Old 04-09-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I resisted the urge to buy some of the mini dark chocolate Reese's cups when I left work earlier. I like putting them in the freezer before eating and then kinda letting them melt in my mouth.
I don't think I could have resisted that urge... I'm definitely looking for them today.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsestaple View Post
Balls. Back to Day 0 it is.

There is no good reason, just the AV getting the better of me.

Damn, damn, damn. I feel so stupid. Dammit.
I came damn close last night to caving into the AV too... logging on here helped me through it. You can do this!!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning guys, just checking in on day 5. I have some things to do that stress me out today. It's 7:15 on Saturday morning and my AV is already saying "Kiki...it's gonna be a stressful day but you can drink when it's over around 3:00 pm!"

Oh my gawd NO!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AV!!!!!!!

Now my AV is causing "premeditated cravings!" I am gonna check in a lot today...as much as possible. I will get through today sober PERIOD! Saturday & Sunday are always hard for some reason.....and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Lol (((banging my head on a wall))) ha.

Anyway...off to get ready for the day....

I can't give into my AV today and I won't drink no matter what!
Stick close to SR today Kiki... and remember the chocolate!! Congrats on Day #5!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Everyone stay strong today.
We can make it.

I saw somebody post about pets earlier, I've said this in the past in my recovery, I want to be the great person that my dog thinks I am. She's always on my side and I can always count on a hug and a kiss. No matter the circumstances.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 10 and feeling pretty good this morning, despite the lack of sleep last night. My daughter finally stopped throwing up and was able to sleep a little, but she kept waking up thirsty. Her fever finally broke around 4am so I think she is ok now. Just going to take it easy today and pray my youngest doesn't get it. I can't imagine a 16mo throwing up for 5 hours

My AV is awake this morning trying to sell it's usual BS. "You were sober and there for your daughter last night, she is ok today, you should reward yourself tonight blah, blah, blah " I'm going to start screaming at it like you, Kiki

Let's all stay strong together and NOT give in. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. We are getting snow here today. It's been a lovely Spring
Old 04-09-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

GREAT NEWS!!! My stressful event was cancelled for today!!! I'm so glad because I just need a little more sober time to deal with tons of stress. Thank you God!

I am going to just hunker down & chill all day. It's FREEZING here so great day to stay home, eat soup and watch Netflix.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning, March Ice Cream Madness Winds Ides Dream Team, etc...
I spoke with my son last night. He is doing okay. A little sad, but it sounded like the sad Samantha is going through. He kept apologizing. My heart hurts for him but I am so thankful to be sober while he is going through this. I need to show him we are not our addiction.

Thank you everyone here for traveling this journey with me. I KNOW I would not be sober without you all. Day 39 here. I feel really good.

Have a great sober Saturday! Stay with us - we are stronger together!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

There has been 175 people joined and left this class in a month!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Can you tell how many have stayed?
Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yay, Kiki, on your event getting cancelled. Sometimes we need all the help we can get. Did your AV slither away?

It is snowing pretty hard here now. Think I am going to do the same - stay home, eat some good food, and watch movies with little ones. Hubby went to the grocery store so I don't need to go anywhere, which is not good for my AV hahaha!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Lein, I was reading the newcomers threads starting in February. It's amazing how many people show up once and never come around again. It's sad.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Bobbieka, glad you heard from your son and that he is doing ok. You are right, it is so good that you are sober during this time so you can really be there for him. Hugs!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone, Day 10 and feeling pretty good this morning, despite the lack of sleep last night. My daughter finally stopped throwing up and was able to sleep a little, but she kept waking up thirsty. Her fever finally broke around 4am so I think she is ok now. Just going to take it easy today and pray my youngest doesn't get it. I can't imagine a 16mo throwing up for 5 hours My AV is awake this morning trying to sell it's usual BS. "You were sober and there for your daughter last night, she is ok today, you should reward yourself tonight blah, blah, blah " I'm going to start screaming at it like you, Kiki Let's all stay strong together and NOT give in. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. We are getting snow here today. It's been a lovely Spring
Screaming works Ladybug!!! You could even scream into a pillow if you need to! Ha
Old 04-09-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lein View Post
There has been 175 people joined and left this class in a month!
Really??? How did you figure that out Lein. That is sad.... :-(