Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 04-09-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Yay, Kiki, on your event getting cancelled. Sometimes we need all the help we can get. Did your AV slither away? It is snowing pretty hard here now. Think I am going to do the same - stay home, eat some good food, and watch movies with little ones. Hubby went to the grocery store so I don't need to go anywhere, which is not good for my AV hahaha!
YES!!! My AV slithered back into its hole where it belongs!!! Grrrr....
Old 04-09-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

MITA- I'm getting back on the "healthy food wagon" Monday. I feel better over all and find I have less cravings. Eating tons of sugar causes cravings for me when the sugar drops. A busy Kiki is good for me too! No time to think!!! (which is a good thing!)

HorseStable- Goodnight! Tomorrow is a brand new day with a fresh start! Thinking of you!

Surrender- Thanks!!! My stressful event was cancelled so my AV went silent. I forgot to mention I had a drinking dream last night too! I was drinking beer and bloody Mary's. Yuck!

Kayak- I agree! I want my pets to think I'm the great person they think I am too! I was thinking about that the other day. I relapsed after several years of sobriety right after we got our dog and a year before we got our cat. They deserve a sober mommy.

Ladybug- I hope and pray your other little one doesn't get sick. The stomach flu is the worst!!! I am glad your AV is pissed that it's snowing & you can't go anywhere today. Pooooorr thing isn't gonna get you to drink today....

Bobbie- 39 days already??? That's amazing & you are doing so well! You and your son are healing together and I think it's awesome that you are showing him that "you are not your addiction!" What an inspiration!!! Stay strong!

Lein- how are you doing lately? And that's interesting that 175 people have joined & left SR. How did you figure that out. It doesn't surprise me though. Alcoholism & addiction are very hard to beat. The odd aren't great but WE are gonna beat those odds! Right?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 28 here. I've been awake for quite a while but my internet was down all morning. We had a bad thunderstorm in the middle of the night, I'm guessing that was the cause. It also appears I accidentally left a YouTube playlist going on my phone a few days ago so I burned through my phone data plan so I couldn't use my phone to check in either. That one irritates me. I must have thought I was on wifi when I did it.

So instead of sitting around waiting for the internet fairy to come, I got out and did some shopping this morning. Went to the Farmer's Market and got a bunch of fresh vegetables and to the Friends of the Library bookstore and picked up a few books. Obviously.

Work in 3 hours. About to cook some lunch after I write this, use a few of those fresh vegetables.

Glad you checked in with us, lein. Hope things are still going OK for you. I hope everyone of those people who haven't checked in here lately do so soon. This is a better way of life. I've been one of those 175 people who didn't stick many times before. I posted a link here a while back to a post I wrote last year about all the different classes and day ones I've had just here on SR. I'm glad I don't ever have to have another day one again.

Hope your trip is going well, Fabela. Pet Charlie for us and have a great time visiting with your sister-in-law.

Sorry you decided to drink, horsestaple, but glad you're right back with us. Hope that next time you'll make yourself pause for a just a moment and admit to those feelings either here in this thread or with an SOS thread on the Newcomers forum. Don't beat yourself up. What's done is done. Just use this as an opportunity to learn what you can do different the next time those thoughts of drinking come. You can do this!

I know Sweetwater well, Kayak63sc. Had a grandmother who lived there for many many years until her death in 2008. It's a nice, quiet little town. Even though I'm a city guy at heart, I could see myself living there. You're not too far from me, about an hour and a half or so. Vanilla shakes are a great substitute for booze. Have a safe journey home and stick close to here tomorrow. Remember you don't have to take that first drink no matter what! And I love that thought about wanting to be the great person our dog thinks we are. That's going in my recovery toolbox.

I also had my first drinking dream (that I remember anyways) last night, samantha14. They're very common. I'd rather drink a thousand shots in my dream than one sip in reality. Have a good day at work, my fellow Saturday worker.

How are you doing today, ManInTheArena? We missed you yesterday. The job market here is the exact opposite, since it's centered around the oil and gas industry. After years of booming, people are hurting here financially. Luckily they still need to eat and my job is still pretty stable. Though I'd say I make about 25% less than I did in 2012-2013 at this last oil boom's height. Glad I saved some of that money. And I am also trying to eat a little better the last two days after feeling so yucky yesterday morning and deciding it was related to my recent diet.

Pelagic263, I love Down By Law. Remember we're here if things get dicey. You don't have to struggle with your addiction alone.

Stay close today, KiKi0615. Hope all your Saturday tasks go well. You cannot drink at 3 pm. We won't let you. Permission denied. (And now I see your stressful event was cancelled. Very good. Still stick close to us today.)

I love dark chocolate, Surrender2win. You take any normal chocolate-based candy and change the recipe to dark chocolate and I can guarantee I'm going to try it. Supposedly dark chocolate is good for early recovery--it stimulates the same part of the brain that alcohol and other drugs does or something. But I think they mean REAL dark chocolate, the 70-80% stuff, not the stuff that Hershey's says is dark. While I still like it, I think the Hershey's dark chocolate is the Bud Light of the real chocolate world.

Double digits, Ladybug2! Woo hoo! I don't do the emoticon thing but if I did, you'd get 10 dancing bananas right here. I'm glad that Ladybuglet is doing better. Be there fully for her and Abbybug today--tell your addiction to shove it.

Congrats on day 39, Bobbieka. Glad you got to speak to your son. I hope he finds the contentment in recovery that you seem to be finding.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Saturday (or Sunday morning for our Australian brethren)! Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!
Old 04-09-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi Casey! Hope you have a good day at work and make lots of money. BTW, I love the nicknames you use for my girls - Ladybuglet and Abbybug - perfect

Had a nice lunch of homemade minestrone soup and cheeseburgers. Going to just keep eating all day so hunger won't trigger my AV (that's my excuse anyway ) So far, so good.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

18 have stayed..and not all of them from the beginning of month
Old 04-09-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Is that typical, Lein? Are those people around, just not here?
Old 04-09-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lein View Post
How did you figure that out Lein?
Old 04-09-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Mmmmmm! Fresh veggies sound delish Casey! Enjoy! 28 days is amazing! How are you feeling?
Old 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Casey, what are you making with your fresh veggies? A stir fry sounds pretty yummy
Old 04-09-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

On my way home from work finally and the start of two days off!! I am pretty excited! I manage a department of about 25 people and while the work is great, sometimes the constant barrage of people's personal drama is a lot to deal with...today was one of those times....so the escape is welcome.

I still feel a little down but I am working on it and trying to have a different internal dialogue with myself.

My plan for tonight is just a quiet night in, catch up here and maybe watch Deadpool.

I hope everyone is having a sober Saturday!!!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lein View Post
I think your numbers may be a little off. I just went back through the posts from the last 3 days and 28 people from the March class have posted. There are probably a few more who just read and "like" the posts. :-)

Class of March 2016 who have posted since 4/6/16: :-) (if you haven't checked in lately...please do! We miss you!)

Pelagic
AppleKat
Fabela
Clearlyheaded
Bobbieka
surrender2win
Kayak
Samantha
Casey
KiKi
ChickChick
Ladybug
LillianGish
Keets
Missy7
Lein
Horsestable
Thirteenth
Forabetterlife
Immri
Purplrks
ManInTheArena
copperfield
Jemma
JustQuit2016
Beerbgone
Rah555
Gardengirl80
Old 04-09-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
On my way home from work finally and the start of two days off!! I am pretty excited! I manage a department of about 25 people and while the work is great, sometimes the constant barrage of people's personal drama is a lot to deal with...today was one of those times....so the escape is welcome.

I still feel a little down but I am working on it and trying to have a different internal dialogue with myself.

My plan for tonight is just a quiet night in, catch up here and maybe watch Deadpool.

I hope everyone is having a sober Saturday!!!
Samantha, managing people can definitely be a real drain. It sounds like you've got just the right plan!

Casey, I am doing well today - THANKS. I am trying to limit my internet time - I have tendency to get sucked into the interwebz for hours and hours and hours. I know if I need to hop back on and check in that SR is here - that's always a comforting thought.

Got some grocery shopping to do if I am going to eat a little better, so that is on my list. But right now my dog is bugging me to get her outside. She is wonderful lab mix that we got about 7 years ago from the lab rescue people - I've had a lot of dogs over the years, and they've all been special, but Hana is extraordinary!
Old 04-09-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I cut a sweet potato into bite sized pieces and sprinkled some rosemary, thyme, cinnamon and a little cayenne pepper on them. Slow roasting that in the oven for an hour. And I'm about to stir fry some fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini with some chicken. My house smells so good right now. Oh, and I'm starting with a kale salad with some locally made feta cheese.

Have a nice night off, samantha14!

Whether there are 18 or 28 or 78 of us still here regularly, I'm grateful for each and every one of you. You've kept me sober for going on 28 days now. If you haven't checked in lately, do so now. No judgement here. We want and need anyone and everyone of you in our recovery. We're stronger together.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I cut a sweet potato into bite sized pieces and sprinkled some rosemary, thyme, cinnamon and a little cayenne pepper on them. Slow roasting that in the oven for an hour. And I'm about to stir fry some fresh mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini with some chicken. My house smells so good right now. Oh, and I'm starting with a kale salad with some locally made feta cheese. Have a nice night off, samantha14! Whether there are 18 or 28 or 78 of us still here regularly, I'm grateful for each and every one of you. You've kept me sober for going on 28 days now. If you haven't checked in lately, do so now. No judgement here. We want and need anyone and everyone of you in our recovery. We're stronger together.
That sounds amazing Casey!!! Mmmmm!

And you're right about it not really mattering how many people are in our class.... ;-)
Old 04-09-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ugh. Craving!!! And all I am doing is reading & posting on SR! SHUT UP ALCOHOL!!!

I'm gonna pray & take a 2 hour nap. I could use a few prayers if anyone has any extra. ;-)

I'll check in after my nap...

Zzzzzzz
Old 04-09-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Ugh. I'm gonna pray & take a 2 hour nap. I could use a few prayers if anyone has any extra. ;-) I'll check in after my nap... Zzzzzzz
Sleep well KiKi - things hopefully will be easier when you aren't tired. And I have plenty of prayers....and a few just went up for you.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sending lots of prayers your way Kiki!! I hope you get some rest and wake up feeling better!!
Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Don't put that poison in your mouth, KiKi. It only hurts, never helps. You're in my thoughts and prayers too, of course.

Heading to work now. Hope everyone has a happy and sober Saturday night/Sunday morning. I look forward to reading lots of posts from all of you when I get back home in 9 hours or so.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Ugh. Craving!!! And all I am doing is reading & posting on SR! SHUT UP ALCOHOL!!!

I'm gonna pray & take a 2 hour nap. I could use a few prayers if anyone has any extra. ;-)

I'll check in after my nap...

Zzzzzzz
I was just about to post the same thing, Kiki. I think my problem is my daughter and I have been sitting around all day watching movies and now I am getting a little bored. Ugh, I hate this time of day. Going to eat a cookie and drink some water.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey everyone ~ I left work today with the normal AV in my head....naturally since I had been going to my favorite pub for years.....then I was getting texts from friends wondering where I've been, inviting me to join them....it was tempting, but I went to the gym instead --- and then I got ice cream!