Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you joined us, Michael. While I've never had anywhere close to six years, I did blow some great sobriety last year and am just now back here on day three. I look forward to getting to know you better. The fellowship to be found here at SR is amazing.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi AppleKat, my daughter has afternoon kindergarten so she doesn't get on the bus until noon. Hope your little one decides to "rest". This time change has been hard on us ugh. But, anything beats a hangover right?
Ahhh!! My 6 year old has full day kdg. She is gone 750-330. Yes, always beats a hangover!

Welcome Michael!!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Day 20 today. For the most part I have been doing really well. Last night was the first night that I couldn't sleep and found myself really depressed. I was hoping not drinking would help with my depression. Think I realized that there are things in my life I really need to clean up/fix/etc. Just hard to do when those things are A. My job (I just need 5 more years of) B. My teenage kids (they may never move out) C. My DH who is ready to move up north NOW yet our son is still in High School and I would like him to finish first. Just blah...blah...crap. I'm tried lol.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Day 10 woo hoo double digits! I think my longest stint other than being pregnant (I had no problems walking away from alcohol while pregnant) was 3 weeks so I am really looking forward to the 1 month mark.

My hag was pestering me last night. My husband was out of town. When I talked to him he was pretty tipsy. He's a normy but at the hotel bar with a bunch of guys from work. I bet he woke up feeling not so hot this morning.

I had an early morning visitor, my 17 month old. The time change has him all messed up. He layed his head on my chest and went back to sleep, so did I. There are few things better than that 💕

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi AppleKat, my daughter has afternoon kindergarten so she doesn't get on the bus until noon. Hope your little one decides to "rest". This time change has been hard on us ugh. But, anything beats a hangover right?
This time change is really kicking us too. Usually this one isn't to bad, it's the one in October that really gets us but this time we are all having a hard time adjusting. They need to do away with that crap already!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Just quick check in. I'm so busy today, have only been lurking, no time to actually write anything.

Let's stay sober another day!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Well, so much for a nap. My daughter decided she was only going to take a catnap today so just as I was dozing off she was up and ready to go. Oh well. Off to the grocery store we go.

Welcome Michael!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Way to go on 10 days PR! I'm looking forward to the 1 month mark too, but I have a much further way to go lol. One day at a time ...
Old 03-15-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi,

I ended up going to the AA meeting & I'm gonna focus 100% on that for a while. I'll see you guys back here when I have 30 days!

Keep fighting!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

If you're like me, you may have done some things that you deeply regret. Things that are a source of depression.

Myself, I tore my family apart and am lucky to see my boys every other weekend. Well, one of them. The other doesn't come to see me. I lost interest in everything except alcohol and lost my job as a result. Then bankruptcy.

The weight of the depression was nearly impossible to carry at times and only fuled my alcoholism.

The beautiful part of being sober, is there's NO MORE REGRET! You have a clear mind capable of making MUCH better decisions.

You're granted the opportunity TODAY to make a day you will not regret tomorrow. And the same goes for every sober day after today.

Sometimes, we need to stop before we start. This is one of them. Stop drinking, then start living a life you'll be proud to look back upon!

Keep up the good fight March, and QUIT ON!
Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi,

I ended up going to the AA meeting & I'm gonna focus 100% on that for a while. I'll see you guys back here when I have 30 days!

Keep fighting!!!!!!
Good on you for going to the meeting. We're here 24/7 if you need some help quickly or at an odd time.

Give it 100% and you can do this, KiKi. We all can.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I love how active this class is!
Welcome newcomers!

I just got home a few minutes ago, the boys will walk through the door any moment. I had a fuzzy brain moment this morning and left my wallet where I was staying and had to go back after 45 minutes. So much for my nap! I'm really excited to see my boys though I hate bring away from them even for one night.
It is a beautiful day here! I think we may go walk to the creek.
I texted hubby to dump the beer before I got home.

Gotta run.... more later!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Administrator

Remember we're here if or when you need us Kiki . Just so you and everyone else knows...there is absolutely no reason to feel embarrassed, ashamed or wait until you have 30 days to post here... we're all in this together - and we all woke up sober today...y'know?

Congrats to everyone hitting milestopnes today - especially double figuresa.

Welcome MichaelAtl77

D
Old 03-15-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hello class! I am about to go out to dinner with a friend who is a very heavy drinker and someone whom I have a long drinking past with. I am lonely and miss her, but at the same time I know it may not be a good idea to be together this early in sobriety. On the other hand, this depressed, lonely feeling isn't good for my sobriety either and I really want to talk to a friend. Anyway, just posting before I do anything stupid. I will stay strong even though everything is terrible in my life right now. Fact is that drinking caused the problems and I need to remember that. Thanks for letting me vent!!

Lilly
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Enjoy your dinner, Lilly, but just make sure you have an exit strategy in mind if things get uncomfortable. No reason to test your limits this early if you don't have to. Recovery first. If you have a smartphone take it with you. We are only a few clicks away.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good luck Lilly. Stay strong. Excuse yourself if you need to.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Stay strong Lily, you can do this!
Kiki you will be missed until you return. I agree we are right here if you need or want.

I am a mess of emotions tonight. I know that it's mostly because I'm tried. Bedtime can't come soon enough.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad you made it home safe, ChickChick. Hope bedtime gets to come soon for you.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Fast moving thread! Hang in there Casey. Get some shut eye! I'm doing really good. Last year while you were racking up sober time I was on and off the horse. Originally found SR last March/April. Took me till Jan to commit. My husband was kinda watching and decided to quit drinking too. He's not a bender like me yet he was a heavy drinker also. It's really been great so far. We both are enjoying sobriety, I think because we are so sick of drinking. Anyway, just want to tell you how glad I am to see you back. You were (are) such a strong presence on SR. You help a lot of people. You made my day coming back. Best of luck to you. Olivia.

Good luck to everyone on here. We can do this !!

Kiki - I sure hope you don't wait the full 30 days to check in !
Old 03-15-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good luck Lilly, be sure to come to us if you need to before you do anything impulsive.

Ladybug, I'm sure I've told you this before, but your life reminds me so much of when my girls were those ages. The naps and swim lessons and afternoon school....I was a stay at home mom for a couple of years around then. I drank, but it didn't really escalate until a few years later. Boy time flies. It's a precious time, but I know it can be hard on mommy too. Try to find as much time as you can for YOU. It's easy to lose yourself while your kids are little, I know I did.

Casey, I like that you talk (write) alot You sound like you are off to a good solid start. I just need to say it again, I'm so glad you are here!

Sounds like we are all hanging in there tonight. I had a busy day - work, then I exercised and then took my daughter and her friend to gymnastics. It's like a 1/2 hour away so that took up pretty much the whole night. This is a busy week, but next week is spring break for us, yay!

Not sure if I mentioned this but I am also trying really hard to lose weight. I know that can be a lot to take on at the same time as quitting drinking, but it really goes hand in hand for me. When I drink, I overeat, get lazy and stop exercising. I have lost 35 pounds since January 1st. I haven't been sober all that time, obviously, but I would say I probably drank a total of 15-20 days in 2016, which is a vast improvement from last year. But not good enough......drinking and recovering from it is just miserable and so not worth it.
Wasted days.