Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 10

Old 03-01-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Morning guys! 1st March. Today makes us at least a day sober in every month of the previous year. Just thinking back to where I was 12 months ago. Can't help but smile 😉
Old 03-01-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

The old go to bed at midnight get up at 4:30 to go back to work shift. I really hope you get that normal hour job Inc!

Congrats to all of us indeed! You always make me smile Amp! I haven't had one day sober each month in decades prior to this year.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

What a beautiful surprise this morning!
I am getting my son out the door for school, then I will catch up. I am sat here in tears after reading these words by OMD:
The freedom is incredible. It really is. Just recognize it, in case you forgot.
Embrace it and just live the dream that you had so many times when you said I wish I didn't drink.
Whatever it takes for you to remember that, just remember.

Crocodile tears this morning. But, I think it's good tears?
More later, I'll catch up with coffee!
c
Old 03-01-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Here to report I'm a badass.

Quit drugs = Badass
Quit alcohol = Badass
Stop lying = Badass
Stop avoidance = Badass
Quit smoking = Badass

Yesterday I did my first Boot Camp class = Badass. I did it in badass style...almost puked Badass.

Thursday, I will increase my Badass status a few more notches when I have my first spin class.

I know what you're thinking...
There's no way I can possible more of a badass.

Well...trust me...
There's no limit on how much of a badass I can be!

Badass day 316
Old 03-01-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
OMD

Hello!

Hope you are all well!

OMD
Old 03-01-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

good evening!
Finally getting back to this.
I watched another documentary today about women and binge drinking. It focused mainly on college aged girls. It's so crazy, this drinking culture, and scary for women and young girls. I could relate to some of their stories, especially the drinking for confidence and fearlessness. Only after while, drinking just doesn't work anymore.

It's Tuesday night, my husband is still working and I just wrapped it up for another day. I cannot wait for this season to be over, we are usually back to normal lives by the end of March.

Good luck on your interviews Inc. I haven't worked in a cubical since I started working from home, 3 years ago lucky you! I miss the human interaction, but I also love working from the comfort of my home.

None for me today!
Old 03-02-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning all!

Long day for me today, starting at 5:00am and wrapping up an all store meeting at 10pm tonight. So glad that I will be doing this sober.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Quick check in! Have a great day!
Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Rediscovering self if one of the most precious gift that this sober life has given me.

314 days today (I had to google this and found planetcalc.com)
Old 03-02-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

None for me today.

Off day. Not very motivated. Found myself reading about addiction on line. A lot. Not trying to over think it. Tempted to wonder if I am having a hard time with my recovery. Don't know what started it. But either way, sure was motivational.

Now I have to find something else to do. Not feeling up to it.

I guess even bad asses need a break from bad assery. When you get right down to it though...that's pretty bad ass.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
OMD

Inc,
You sure are a bad ass with bad ass days by the sounds of it. Almost like real life

I really liked your post on that. Resonated!

I have not felt motivated for a couple of days either. It can be many things for me - feeling a bit unwell, tired, too busy, too much travel, you name it. I don't over think it - just focus on eating properly, hydrating properly, exercising when I can - but not too much because that leads to exhaustion even if I don't realise it at the time.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day because I will wake up sober, and that is the best way to start every day of my life. Same for us all.

Right, better get going.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 03-02-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Just a little past midnight and heading to bed after a long day. Pleasant dreams and good mornings all!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I've been pretty active in March group. And while there I see a few gents from March 2013 drumming up support in there. You'll also see one of them that posted in newcomers...inviting everyone to join March2016.

I like that idea.
Since March is in pretty good hands, I'm gonna hold my support for a bit until April. I'm gonna do what I can to help them. Even if it's just to offer some positive words.

I think I'll PM everyone who posts day 1 on the same day I did as well. IDK...could be self defeating as I still have a lot I am personally dealing with. I don't think I'm ready to really help individuals in that way. I mean...a PM sounds harmless, but I could also get caught up with somebody who wants more attention than I can give.

At any rate...definitely planning on helping the class of April2016.

Cause that sounds pretty bad ass if you ask me.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Love the idea Inc! Whom better to help newbies who are quitting the same time of year that we did than us?
Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
OMD

Fwiw Inc I think you'd be really great at helping someone. Just be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew would be my respectful suggestion. You have a lot going on that you need to attend to and get straightened. How about not a pm but an open letter or some kind of thing like that? You have a lot to offer, badass.

Best wishes
OMD
Old 03-03-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
OMD

I don't know how you pull those hours SG but fair play to you.

OMD
Old 03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

As it turns out, I was snooping in the April 2014 group recently, because as we are coming up to one year, they are coming up to two years! Awesome. There are faceless people here who have helped me immensely. It's not just the words of encouragement the helped me, it's the fact that there are people on SR living a sober life! So, I think offering support to newbies in April 2016 is not a bad plan at all.

By no means am I an expert on this, and by no means is my life perfect, but it's a million times better then it was on March 3, 2015. On this day last year I would bet you a million dollars that I was hung over....and I'm not today!

Some days are unmotivated day for sure. Yesterday was one. I disguised my intention to meditate by curling up under my warm duvet and fell asleep. Let's just call it what it was, I napped with intention! lol

Anyhoo, it's all good!

None for me today!
Old 03-03-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I remember waking up early one morning completely wasted. My husband was gone to work already, my son was still sleeping, and I went outside for a smoke. I remember feeling so disgusted with myself. I went back to bed and woke up later completely hungover. My son spent the morning eating cereal in front of the tv by himself while I was nursing a mega hangover. What if something happened and I needed to drive? It would have been impossible. I can only be thankful I don't have to live that life anymore. It was OMD who said something about embracing the freedom, and live the dream that you had so many times when you said, "I wish I didn't drink." I said those words so many freaking times it's not even funny. It's posts like this that keep me going. Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Just on my way to bed. Midnight here. Just to say that I love the idea of making an appearance on the April 2016 group. A year seemed massive when we started so we might come across as some kind of sober guru types? Nothing further from the truth, of course. I wonder what Dee makes of this idea. I'd love to try to help those starting out. Let's keep an eye on how it works out in March.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I started an exercise the other day. I tried counting the day 1's posted in our group. I did it to make a point to the folks at my nicotine forum.

I had clicked on the wrong button at some point...I believe it was April 9th. Anyway, I was shocked to have counted over 70 day 1 posts in the first 9 days alone. We probably had close to 200 day 1's posted. I would think at least 150.

Super glad to me one of the lucky ones who made it.