Notices

Class of April 2015 Part 10

Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning laggers, catch up! Has anyone heard from Zaboozer and how he and his startup business turned out?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

not I.

D
Old 03-03-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well, I messaged him a couple of times but to no response. Then he sent me a short message assuring me that he was well and that he would be coming back to SR in the not-too-distant future. That, however, was some time ago...

I feel lucky too... But you earn that luck too...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't understand why leaving SR is a good idea. Unless you have plenty of 3D support. But even then...I only see benefits from using all the tools available. No reason to make any job harder than it needs to be.

I think that was a big reason behind my success...finding, learning how to operate, then use every tool.

I hear all to often, "quitting is easy. Staying quit is hard".

Hence my desire to stay active. Yeah I feel confident in my quit, no I have no desire to sip from the devil's nectar again, no I never want to put myself in the same position again. Ever. BUT...I am not a fool who believes my addict voice is dead.

I have no doubt my addict voice thinks I'll take my eye off the defensive line at some point. I believe addiction has no expiration date.

Cauli...I'm glad you reposted OMD's quote about taking advantage of what we wished for. I missed that one apparently. Don't know how b/c OMD is very insightful and I learn when I read. Either way...that has been sticking with me.

Living What I Wished For. (LWIWF).

Bring it on!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning, I just had the best bowl of Shreddies for breakfast! I dressed it up with almonds and shredded coconut. No need to settle for boring!

So, yesterday was interesting.

First of all, you all know my struggles that I had during recovery, with the Step-Monster. Well, I've noticed something lately. She is still the same person. She is mouthy, judgmental, and it's her insecurities that drive her to be so nasty. That will never change, but our relationship has changed. I can clearly see how I was reacting to her. I see how I let her effect me, even when she wasn't here in my face. I let her insecurities seep into me, and feed my insecurities, and I reacted with bitterness. I've changed. I see her actions for what they are and just let it go, because she just can't help herself, it's hard wired in her brain to be the center of attention and to be heard. You all know it used to drive me nuts! But, not anymore. You can't change a person, you can only change how you react. It's simple. I've done a complete 180, so much so that now I clearly see how in love my dad is, how in love they are, and it makes me happy. It's a strange but true phenomenon! What sparked this was someone's comment to me on SR. It was in the Undies group, someone told me out right that my father's relationship with his wife was none of my business. Seriously! My close friends could have hit me on the head with that one years ago, but I don't think I would have listened! It took the words of a stranger who kindly gave the tough love that I needed.

Anyways, going back to yesterday, my step-mother called to tell me that she and my dad are not drinking anymore! She said they are joining me as a health conscience non-drinker. I'll take that as a huge compliment because she probably gags at the thought of being proud of me! I am so happy, my dream to have alcohol free family gatherings is coming true!

Living What I Wished For!

Last edited by Cauliflower; 03-04-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: edited to add LWIWF
Old 03-04-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

This seems fitting to our group.

zig ziglar.jpg
Old 03-04-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Amazing how sobriety opens the mind, eh Cauliflower? Was it Toots who told you that about your father and step mother's relationship? She seems very perceptive.

I think you can take your step mother and father's decision to follow your example as a huge compliment. They can clearly see the good it has done you!
Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
OMD

Hi all,
Busy day. Just a quick hello!

More at the weekend!

Best wishes
OMD
Old 03-04-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm definitely going to have a great weekend because I will be sober.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Amp, I agree Toots has some great insight, but I cannot remember who it was who turned on my light bulb!

Today we are headed to the city to watch my son play hockey, it's playoff season, so these games are nerve wrackingly fun! Grateful that I am not hungover and dreading the day.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Another day, another dollar. Happy Monday for me. Into week 46 sober! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-05-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Cauli....

You can see my reply and toots reply to your monster Inlaw in Undies on 9/18 around 2pm.

If there's another one you're looking for, it shouldn't be too far
Old 03-05-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
OMD

Hello everyone!
So am on the road which is not too bad. Guy opposite is steadily drinking beer after beer but doesn't look happy about it (remind you of anyone?). Thank you for your kind words about my posts. I enjoy reading all yours too, and I always take something from them. A propos the recent exchanges I was thinking about changing my name from OMD (one more day) to LTD (living the dream). When I started out on this road I was definitely OMD but now I do feel like I am LTD. But let's not get carried away.

Anyway, it's all good here, as you can probably tell.. Seeing the kids later and all day tomorrow. Which is just awesome!

Best wishes to all who read and post.

OMD
Old 03-05-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I like the Ltd idea!! Have a great weekend all!
Old 03-06-2016, 02:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Up and atom.

I wonder what Johnny is up to? When ever I think of that phrase I smile.

Early work day. Another 6 day work week which is good for overtime pay.

REALLY glad I'm not nursing a hangover today.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Up and atom indeed. Clear headed and free to find my way today. Enjoy...
Old 03-06-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
OMD

Yes, today is a great day! Up n at em. It will soon be 16 years since I stopped smoking. I moved on. On days like today i feel like I moved on from the booze too. I hope you all share that feeling today! Do one thing that will make you or others feel good because this day will not come again. That was sort of the message in one of the videos that Cauli posted, that's pretty hard to stick to during the week when it's just about getting through the day and getting home to sleep, but at the weekend I have a bit more time to breathe.

By the way, hello Angie! Hope you are well....

Best wishes

OMD
Old 03-06-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Great points OMD. I find that even days that are basically all work / get to sleep , I am finding little moments where I either can appreciate my new found self enlightenment, or I can take a few moments and listen to a coworker and their life story and offer my support. These are things that I never had time for while drinking. Living the dream indeed!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning all! Just a quick check in. Spring has sprung here in the eastern US and I feel that my energy levels are increasing and I'm getting lots of things done around my house and using my free time productively. My workplace has experienced several changes in personnel over the past two months and unfortunately has become overrun with backstabbing and innuendo. I am trying to stay above it all and won't let it give me an excuse to drink. Things hopefully will straighten out in the long run.

Have a great day everyone!