Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 8

Old 01-26-2016, 12:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still checking in guys - have no fear
just not feeling great right now - bekind - you nailed it

Glad to see you back Sadie - if your current plan let you down, you can make a better one - add stuff - you can do this
Old 01-26-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I hope you feel better. Actually you pour so much good support into these threads I 've always hoped you were more than one person but I think you mentioned you were just one. Please take care of that one!

Kitty, congrats on quitting the cigarettes. I never smoked but if I did I know I would have loved it. Wishing you endurance, support and lots of hard candy if that helps. May God/Yahweh/Allah/supe-spook bless you! (Unless you are a non-believer, then I will just say, "May the force be with you!")
Old 01-27-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Micro successes

paid house bills (taking over from my father)
skied with a friend
ate lots of leafy greens
Old 01-30-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Not much activity here!

Patricia, Sadie, how are you both doing?
Kitty, still off cigarettes?
BKA, hope you are dealing well with the wintry weather...

I'm doing fine but feeling a bit lonely with my DD gone back to the university. Today is my cleaning day - I'm full of energy and changing sheets, doing laundry, dusting, vacuuming....

The weather feels like spring is right around the corner, so I'm hoping that we will get off easy this winter! Planning a hike with a friend tomorrow as the temps are supposed to be in the high 40s.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I'm here! Have been white knuckling quite a bit since beginning of the year. Too much anxiety! Just hanging on till anxiety lessens. Going to spend the day outside today, hope that helps. Trying to cut down little by little on the caffeine too.

Take care all
Old 01-31-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a lot of anxiety too Sadie. Today was a gloomy grey day so I only went out for a short walk. I only find relief late in the evenings when I am too exhausted to worry and feel anxious anymore. Anxiety drains all my energy.

I need to focus on more positive things. Maybe start writing about my accomplishments here, more meditation, more focusing on gratitude.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Patricia, share some positives please. I can use them.

Day 1 got drunk last night, and feel like a total loser today. Why why why do I act like I hate myself? I just want to be sober, I'm tired of the merry-go-round....

Sorry for vent guys. I'll be sober today, I promise.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lunchtime checkin. I'm staying close today. Good news - I didn't drive last night and I didn't do anything overly foolish like bring someone home or go home with someone, post drunkenly on FB or other drunken dial / text behavior (thanking my lucky stars I didn't.) physical hangover is not too bad.
I think I need an AA meeting. Anyone in this class going to AA?
Old 02-02-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

((((((Kitty))))))Don't beat yourself up, you are willing to try something new, to add to your plan.

I haven't done AA, I did check out a SMART meeting and bought the workbook. I couldn't fit the meeting into my schedule ongoing but found the workbook helpful! It's self paced. I'm back in the January class so obviously haven't been totally sober since working on SMART. However I couldn't make it past 5 days before!
Old 02-02-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

thank you Sadie. I'm posting in Feb class to stay accountable. I need as much support as I can get.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We are here for you Kitty
Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Patricia and class.

Day 2 today. Grateful for a good nights sleep and no hangover (maybe a little bit leftover but heaps better than yesterday.)
Back into the office after a day working at home due to snowstorm. I'm glad I didn't have to go in yesterday in my up until 1 AM hangover glory (maybe that's cute when you are in your 20s but late 30s, not one bit) but I'm glad today to get up and out of the house.

Thankful I am here to tell my story sober. Thankful I get another (albeit undeserved) shot at sobriety. I get to stop living my fraudulent double life of professional worker by day and wild and crazy party girl at night. Thank heavens!

Hope all are well. If anyone is having trouble staying on track, take it from me, drinking makes things 10,000 times worse.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ahh, so good to see you all checking in!!! I had stopped looking here!!!

We had about 3 days of storms here in the rocky mountains. I've been low to middling but like how the snow gets me our to run the snowblower and shovel. I'm of an age (52) where this is exercise.

Yoga, send me some of that cleaning energy!

Kitty, you are deserving of all good things! Pick yourself up and keep going.

Patricia, extra points for going for a walk on a grey day. How is the new counselor?

Sadie, great to hear from you. I hope you get beyond the white knuckling.

Okay, in the spirit of micro efforts I'm off on a trash run, mail a few things and pick up some leafy greens at the grocery.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I had some snow storms too, will be getting some shoveling exercise myself this evening also planning to stop at grocery store. Feeling good about taking care of my house and myself today.
(My original plan was grocery shopping on Monday evening which went out the window once I had that first beer.)
Old 02-03-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think AA is probably a good idea Kitty - what have you got to lose?

D
Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Mornin' from brilliant snowy Rocky Mountains. I struggle this time of year so am checking in.

Anyone want to play a Non-driniking game? i e I post some micro success and someone else matches with a similar task and then ups the anti with some other non-drinking micro accomplishment. etc, etc. Kind of a strength in numbers/communal/support for the day (I made this up as my current solitude can lead me into a funk )

Here goes: Flossed

(AND I DO MEAN MICRO WHEN I TALK ACCOMPLISHMENTS!)

PS if nothing else I hope I give someone a bit of a giggle and my nutty ideas.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good challenge Bekind! . Micro. . Turned on dishwasher.

Challenge, got car washed

Note neither took much effort on my part
Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

About to log off and clean my teeth
Old 02-04-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I finished shoveling my front walk. It snowed just 3 days ago

Seriously, some days it snows an inch or less, and half of the block has their entire sidewalk shoved by 8 AM!! Geez, makes us lazybones look terrible!
Old 02-05-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 4. Feeling heaps better than just 4 short (and long) days ago. The weekend approaches. I know I'll stay strong but it may not be easy.

What's everyone else doing this weekend to keep themselves sober?