Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 21

Old 01-04-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Happy Sober 2016 everybody!!
Holidays went well, hiking, fishing, hanging out and eating our place clean hahha
I really appreciate my family, it is a lot more comfortable when family supports your decision and doesn't drink around ya. Friends were having a few beers, but nothing nuts, so it was great overall, can't wait for all of us to hit 2 yrs!
all the best
dry
Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Tuesday - hope you are all doing well.

Up super early for week but I got lots done yesterday so all good

Scooter - that sounds like a great challenge with the sugar. I am trying to cut the coffee down to one cup per day. The smoking I give myself 7/10! Mostly smoke free since last July except for maybe 5/6 days when I have had a couple with friends. I am still using the e-cig but with the lowest nicotine you can buy so hopefully 2016 can be the year!

I hear you all saying it's nice to be back to routine - no Christmas blues this year. I am sure not having alcohol withdrawal helps!

Have a good day all
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Great to see you Dry and sounds like a great holiday!!
Old 01-05-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday gang!

Slept better, Sunday night was tough to get to bed at decent hour. Getting back on track is nice.

I hear you on the sweets and sugar scooter! Good thinkin! Stitches come out Friday and then the rest on Tuesday. No more Frankenstein baby!

Well done on the cigs London, that is not an easy one to kick to the curb my friend.

Great to hear from you dry! Sounds like a fantastic way to spend Christmas man.

Have a fabulous Tuesday team!

"It is not gods will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Kant
Old 01-05-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Dry, great to hear from you and hear that you are doing well.

Determined, you will be back to your pre-Frankenstein days in no time!

London, congrats on the smoking.

Choobie, I hope the move is going smoothly. I love the idea of everyone deciding to keep half their possessions.

1Step, how are you doing?

Pink, we are all thinking of you and hope everything is well. Please let us know.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Lol! Thanks scooter!
Old 01-05-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Happy New Year Class of August 2014 !!!!!!

It has been a loooooong time since I have last posted.
First and foremost, not a drop of alcohol has touched my lips since that dreaded last day of drinking in August of 2014 and I never plan to change that fact!

I am so grateful to see so many of you still here. I could not catch up on all posts but I saw Ultra is taking a break due to some work stresses. I pray and know he is well. No drinking will ever fix any problems (in fact quite the opposite, it will only pour gasoline on the fire!).

Love you all with all my heart.
Keep on the straight path of freedom from alcohol. Life is so good and great things are possible only by being sober through all the ups and downs!

Love and hugs from rainy California (finally !! we needed the rain so badly!!) ,
Chris
Old 01-05-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really good to hear from you Chris & to know you're doing well

D
Old 01-05-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Team!

Just want to let you all know I'm thinking about you and reinforce that my commitment to living alcohol free will not change. Ever.

Work issues are still unresolved but I figure there's a Universal lesson I'm being asked to learn.

I continue to wish each of you (and us!) the best as we experience, learn, and grow.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Your holiday sounds great, Dry! Glad to hear from you!

You, too, Chris! Great to hear from you, and I'm so glad you are sober with us!

Ultra, relieved to hear that you are around, and of course not drinking. Hope you had a great holiday!

Scooter, I won't be able to move until the end of February. Hopefully the winter will stay mild. We've already donated and thrown out so much, I hope there is something left to move!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning all

Running late for work so a quick post

All is good - great to see all the posts from everyone!

Have a good hump day everyone
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday folks!

Great to hear from you Chris and ultra! Glad you are both doing well!

Gotta jump quick today, so big hugs all around!

"A big shot is just a little shot who keeps shooting."

Kick it!
Old 01-06-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hey people!
Quick post, no time to scan back in detail right now but thank you for the shout outs and love and thoughts xxx

Other half discharged from hospital today Woooooohoooooooo! !!

It's been a long fortnight but we are going home finally. Plenty of rest, tiny slow reintroduction of food, anti-emetics and lots of fluids needed. Diagnosis of pneumonia, mesenteric adonitis, gastroenteritis and dehydration, made deadly by not having a spleen.

It has taken a lot of willpower to get through this huge test.

Today we will finally open our Christmas presents! !!!!

Will post properly once home and settled.
Love you guys.
Great to see Chris and ultra!
Determined glad the procedure went well xx
Old 01-06-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey Pink

I am so glad to see you post and glad now you are both on the mend and can have your Xmas in January! Love to you both. Rest up and enjoy being back in your own surroundings. No place like home!

I just went out for a wonderful meal with a friend - three amazing courses + a soft drink (switched from wine offer) at a really upmarket place for £20. Gotta love the January restaurant deals! They just want people through the door this month so cracking deals around. I ate low carb too :-)

Night all! And best wishes Pink x
Old 01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

PINK! So happy and relieved to read your post. Merry Christmas & Happ(ier) New Year to you!

CHRIS! So nice to ready everything is well with you. Please drop a line occasionally to let us know how you are doing.

ULTRA! Things will work their way out - they always do. Thanks for letting us know how you are.

Determined, I love today's quote.

1Step and Grateful, please let us know how you are.

Choobie, moving is definitely a time to get organized. I had owned this home for 20 years when I retired, sold my condo in Boston and moved here, so I donated almost everything there. I made so many trips with bedding, etc. to the animal rescue league that the man there started asking me if I had specific items - - towels, plastic bowls, etc. I had the Salvation Army take some furniture and pots and pans. Now when I occasionally think of buying a place in Savannah or Florida, I wish I had kept some stuff. But, I did not want to deal with clutter or storage units.

London, our "Restaurant Week" should be coming soon. The deals and meals are great at that time.

Well, I am off to Book Club - - I will be sure to post if anything crazy is said!

BUG HUGS ! !
Old 01-06-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

great news Pink

D
Old 01-07-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday peeps!

Pink!! What an adventure my friend!!! You have handled this with stoic strength, glad to see you are on the better side of it. Enjoy your Christmas now!!

Getting back into the sleep routine and feeling better. Hitting the gym and finished with the holiday treats!

Hoping for snow now!

Have a spectacular day gang! 2016, here we come baby!!

"Every production of genius must be the production of enthusiasm." Benjamin Disraeli

Eye on the prize.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys, and sorry I wasn't about over Christmas!
We managed to open our presents yesterday which was lovely. Was back at the hospital today for more bloods and now back home resting, I'm looking after the other half very well, he's a lucky man!

Mainly in feel tired, I will be back at work Monday but he will need to be off a while.

Well, it's a week into January. How the heck did that happen?!
Happy new year guys!

First item on the to do list is to book a holiday! On pay day that is the first things I will be doing!

London the restaurants are a steal in January! Well played! Awesome news about your oz trip. Sooooooooo jealous right now!
Scooter enjoy book club! What a you reading ?
Choobie your move sounds exciting! Pleased for you xxx

Catch you later guys xx
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey guys

A late check in for me!

I had my final gum treatment today to fix my neglected health over several years of active drinking. All is good, the dentist is happy so back to six monthly visits now.

I am happy to hear you are good Pink - and that OH is on the mend. I too am doing Xmas in January with my north of England family this weekend - so more presents and a nice restaurant meal (30% off voucher sorted!)

Yey scooter - enjoy your restaurant week. I am enjoying January this year really!

Determined it's good to be back into the swing of normal life after the hols hey? I have been doing a Fitbit step challenge with some guys from work in a group on the app - I am kicking ass so far! Ha ha

Best wishes to all!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

PS I would love some snow too but the UK has been unseasonably mild for weeks now! Although I was reading real winter arrives next week and we might even go sub zero. Ha ha. It's been 12c highs for a month. Nothing like the winter some of you guys across the pond get though!