Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 21

Old 12-31-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good morning guys!

Great post London, well said. And thanks for the well wishes!

Being present is the way to live life, through the good and the not so good.

Will check in again later. Much love.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Greetings, and thank you for all the support. My new mantra is - - My brother is one of six children, he also has cousins and nephews he is close to - he can find someone else to phone 8-9-10 times a day. I am done.

Determined, Good Luck today. I will be thinking of you.

Pink, I hope you and OH are on the mend, and I hope you are both resting.

Hobbers, unfortunately, moderation just does not work for people like us. I used chocolate, ice cream and exercise to get through the beginning stages. I agree with others that it has to be day by day - the idea of forever is too overwhelming in the beginning.

Choobie, does this mean you will not be living next to the new arena with all the pubs, etc.? This sounds like a great move. What made you decide to sell?

London, you said it perfectly. Life has its ups and downs, but they are easier to deal with while sober!

Just think, we have made it through sixteen months of sobriety, including the ENTIRE calendar year of 2015 !

Be well, my friends. Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Surgery done! Wet well, will heal up just fine. I am facing the fact that any hope of a modeling career is well behind me lol!!
Old 12-31-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

good news determined

D
Old 12-31-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad it went well Determined

Love to you Scooter and I think your mantra is just perfect

35 minutes of 2015 left in the UK - a whole sober year. I am at home relaxed and ready to watch the fireworks on TV. Call me biased but London puts on a good show!!

Wishing all my friends here a happy and healthy 2016

Lots of love, support and best wishes xx
Old 01-01-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy New Year!

You are so right, London. Life always has its ups and downs, but dealing with it all sober lets us actually enjoy the good moments.

So glad it went well, Determined! I hope you heal quickly!

Hope you are feeling better, Pink!

Scooter, perfect mantra.

We've been wanting to move for years, but the last straw was a few weeks ago when I went to pick up my son from a party at 10:00 pm. A drunken women ran out from between the cars on my block and I barely missed her. She followed us and screamed at us while we got out of the car and into the house. It's a very nice area to live, but this block is not great to continue raising a family.
We are sooooo excited! Each one of us has decided to rid ourselves of at least half of all we own. We discussed, as a family, what activities were most important to us and found a home that more closely matches that. I think it's going to be great!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Happy New Year!

Choobie, I like the way you all decided what was most important to each to look for a home. If I recall correctly, when we started our journey together, you were worried that the pubs would lure you in...just think, 16 months later, and you are selling because of the behavior of bar patrons! We have truly all done a 360 when you think of it!

London, thank you for your kind words.

Determined, I am very happy it went well for you. You wouldn't want to be a model with all their problems, any way!

Pink, please let us know how you and the OH are doing.

Dee, thanks for all you do for SR.

Let's keep on keeping on - right through 2016!
Old 01-01-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hey guys

A happy New Year to all of you

Choobie - your move sounds great!!

I am posting later than usual as I have spent a perfect day just watching tv and snoozing! Great way to start the year, but tomorrow I will get off my behind and get into 2016. For now, takeout pizza and films :-)

I spent sometime yesterday reviewing my 2015 goals and I will post them up, I missed two and did about 1/3 of one of them but most importantly stayed sober. Thinking about my aims for 2016 now :-)

Hope you all have a lovely day
Old 01-01-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, choobie scooter and London! You guys made me smile!

Been taking it slow and resting a lot. I noticed I am already pushing the envelope on the pain meds. Wow... Noticed I started to enjoy that cocoon feeling a little too much. Dangerous and slippery slope that ends now.

Choobie, your house and downsizing plan sounds incredible! Very happy for you my friend.

Great choice on handling your brother scooter, you will be more at peace. Things will turn out for the best, just being patient like you are is the way to be.

London, I hear you on the goals. And, feel you on the chillin and eating!! Man, I need to get back to the gym!

Watching the phantom menace stars wars movie now. Definitely been a Star Wars marathon this holiday.

Pink, hope all is well on your end! Thinking of you!

Bedforshire.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning guys

Up bright and early for Saturday AA

Then heading north for a quick night away and a friends birthday meal

Hope everyone has a nice last weekend of the holidays

Pink - sending you my continued thoughts and best wishes x
Old 01-03-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey guys and girls

Happy Sunday

I enjoyed the birthday meal for a friend last night but left for my family's house before the bars and discos started, ha ha, so I feel good today!
I am having a reasonably healthy breakfast and then train home to London and ready to start a new year at work.

It's a horrible weather day today so looks like a treadmill run for me later rather than heading anywhere outdoors!

Have a good day all
Old 01-03-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Nothing new here, which is a good thing!

While I was getting a pedicure last week I decided to count my days sober. My last drink was on August 15, 2014. December 28, 2015 was Day 500!!! We have all passed or soon will pass 500 DAYS SOBER ! ! !

I hope you are as impressed with yourselves about that as I was.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats scooterboo

D
Old 01-03-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning gang! Happy Sunday!

Giddy up scooter! Amazing isn't it!

Ok London, I am going to try and hit the treadmill today too. Uhh!!

I noticed I have been a little depressed lately, looking at my swollen and stitched face is getting to me. Could not stop the spiraling thoughts last night, by the time I fell asleep I had myself already in the grave and giving up! Where the heck is this coming from? I am not that kind of person, but boy I have been so unmotivated and full of an undefined fear for the past few days. I am determined to snap out of it starting now.

"When you are going through hell, just keep going."

Up and moving!
Old 01-03-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you determined - you always have a great attitude in your posts

D
Old 01-03-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I am much better man, just keep swimming...
Old 01-03-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Determined, I think that's pretty normal. 500 days ago, you might not have headed in such a positive direction. Keep going! Bug hugs.

Scooter, I hadn't thought of my arena situation in that way- you are totally right! I was so worried that I would be tempted. I can't believe the difference! And yes, I'm completely impressed with us

London, I'm right on your heels with healthier meals after the holidays. I ate more carbs than I do all year. I have more thinking to do regarding my goals. I can't say that I really achieved any of them in 2015, but they are worthy of achieving.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week. Thinking of you, Pink! Check in when you can.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hey guys

First day back at work but all set and ready!

Scooter - isn't 500+ just an amazing number. I have a little app called coach me which requires a daily check in and tick - no alcohol, go to gym, no smoking etc and I didn't notice it went past 500! What a great achievement for everyone, every day!

Determined - you have a great attitude. Excercise is gonna help those endorphins!

I am back on the wagon on training and healthy eating now !

Have a great Monday everyone

Pink continued thoughts and hope you are both Ok
Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!

Thanks choobie and London! You are right, the world, and our attitude toward it, sure looks different 500 days up the sober freeway.

I am thankful to have had a great holiday, with time spent with family - but also thankful to be heading into work and the gym. It's all part of the same dance of life my friends.

Pink, thinking of you, hope to hear from your smiling face soon!

Happy Monday scooter and 1step!

"Take care of the body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded." Goethe.

Onward!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Back to the regular schedule today - going to the Y and volunteering at the library. We have an inch or so of snow today.

I am going to try to have absolutely no sugar or sugar substitute for one week to see if I can get away from chocolate and ice cream for a while. I have been over-the-top with it since Halloween. I have stalked up on lean meats, nuts, pop corn, my favorite vegetables, peanut butter, cashew butter and almond butter.

Choobie, when are you moving?

Determined, when do the stitches come out?

London, how is the smoking coming along?

1Step, please post to let us know how you are.

Pink, we are all thinking of you and hoping to hear from you soon.

BUG HUGS ! ! !