Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
December 7, 2015

to all of us on another day sober!! ♥♥

Congratulations, all.

We rock!!!!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeoNew View Post
10:42am...Still not getting any easier ......Another 24 please....
It will, NeoNew, I promise. Keep moving in the right direction.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
It went really well and we had a lot of fun It's going to take a while to edit all the film, but it's going to turn out pretty cool!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Count me in for 24 with these great people.

Have a great day, all.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Toots in for 24 more please! Yay!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

10:51 am in rainy Seattle and I am in for another sober 24 hours.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Altoids View Post
Good morning. Most everything is wonderful here. I'm working on a resentment, though, and really not sure how to handle it other than pray about it. I cannot confront the person. I'm going to contact a friend today to see if she will help council me thru it. I'm not in danger of drinking over it. I just need it to stop taking up a place in my day, in my head, and get to a place of forgiveness. It would be easier if the person wasn't in my life most days and living/saying/being such a hypocrite, liar, manipulator and thief. Perhaps bc I was all those things while drinking it makes me more reactive internally and more protective. I've protected myself and those around me as much as possible, but that's about all I can do without making things much worse for other people I love. I see it as a healthy process, though. I recognize it, am not acting out negatively, being respectful to this person, making efforts to be objective . . . my emotions, though, keep creeping in. I know beyond all doubts that this will be a good thing eventually. When the dark clouds show up, the sun is always coming. Thanks for listening. SR is always a safe place. Thank you.
Prayer and Meditation will help. Ask God where He wants you to be. Pause and Think. You are doing well in not doing anything hasty. Do speak with your sponsor or a proper person. Sending prayers of release your way.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Asking for 24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats to anyone celebrating a milestone today and to ALL of us Sober today!!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

Prayers for those that need them.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Old 12-07-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Congrats to our brilliant selves for being sober today !

SInce I've been let go, my emotions keep oscillating between despair and hope. Fortunately, I have been able to observe my emotions and reflect on them. I believe the feelings of despair arise from worrying about whether I can get another job at my age (50), the fact that I only had the last role for less than 6 months and the shame of informing friends and family that I am unemployed, again after a long stretch of unemployment before.

However, thanks to my sobriety, I can see how self-centred and ungrateful it is to think this way. It is also having the delusion that the past where I had a high paying job was what I wanted. How convenient to forget that I was an active alcoholic and in such a horrible, suicidal state during that time ! How I now have my sobriety, clarity of mind and my health. I have never been fitter and healthier than now ! Also, I can DO something about my unemployment rather than wallow in drinking !

So, heres to the morning and the future, whatever it brings. My gratitude to you all for giving me the gift of sobriety.

Another 24 hours of serenity, patience and sobriety pls ! Its 6:53am here !
Old 12-07-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarbieKen View Post
. To V., Strat, Dee, Leigh, Kris, & to those of you who post the beautiful photos and thoughtful poems/memes! I'm clueless on how to do such things, but I do enjoy them each night I check in. So, thank you!

A beautiful warm day here, more heat coming our way for midweek. It's time for me to check in for the next 24 hours. I'm very grateful to be part of a great recovery community here and in my "real life".
Congratulations to our friends celebrating today!

Bobbi

Sharing the message of hope is done in many ways. You offer great example in your words and actions of how to stay sober. Thank you!

We all do our part in how we stay sober together.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post

SInce I've been let go, my emotions keep oscillating between despair and hope. Fortunately, I have been able to observe my emotions and reflect on them. I believe the feelings of despair arise from worrying about whether I can get another job at my age (50), the fact that I only had the last role for less than 6 months and the shame of informing friends and family that I am unemployed, again after a long stretch of unemployment before.

However, thanks to my sobriety, I can see how self-centred and ungrateful it is to think this way. It is also having the delusion that the past where I had a high paying job was what I wanted. How convenient to forget that I was an active alcoholic and in such a horrible, suicidal state during that time ! How I now have my sobriety, clarity of mind and my health. I have never been fitter and healthier than now ! Also, I can DO something about my unemployment rather than wallow in drinking !

So, heres to the morning and the future, whatever it brings. My gratitude to you all for giving me the gift of sobriety.

Congrats on your Sobriety Kaneda! It is the most important thing in our lives.

We too, must always remember that when one door closes a new one will open. In God's time.

Pray and ask God where He wants you to be. Wait and Listen.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

You are a huge inspiration to me Kane ~ and you exude such calm.
I feel certain that you will draw amazing opportunities into your life. ♥

Old 12-07-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thank you to all who keep this 24 club going.

7.49 am in Auss.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

You are hugely inspirational, Kaneda.

Something good is heading your way, my friend; keep your heart open.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight. Going for another 24 hours at 5:56p CST.

Congratulations to all of us today on another 24 hours! By staying true to this commitment, it is truly amazing what we can accomplish! I am so glad we are all on this journey together and so glad that you are here! To celebrate our awesome accomplishments, tonight we have a salted caramel vanilla crunch cake! Keep up the great work!!

Kaneda-continuing to keep you in my prayers.

Thank you all so much for your kind messages. It is awesome to be part of this thread with all of you. Your messages always warm my heart. Thank you!!
Old 12-07-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Oh my, Strat. Salted caramel vanilla crunch cake . . . . . .
Old 12-07-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, I could smell that cake all the way from another thread...

24 more please. ♥

V xx
Old 12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

That cake just rocks Strat. LOVE me some caramel!
Old 12-07-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

So do I, Arbor!!!!!!