Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 41

Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, ya'll! Everything is grand in Joygirlland.
Haha, I'm such a poet.
Wehav is going to look simply stunning on her wedding day. Oh my goodness!
I've had such fun with her, picking out wedding stuff.
I miss you all and think of you fondly. Much love all around!
Old 05-17-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Joy :-)
Old 05-17-2015, 01:59 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Marcher

Just wrote a post and lost it....
Some things never change.

Hey Sassy!!!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Marcher

I heard a rumor that LDT has joined the Marcher thread... Ooohhhh! Good times...
I love her, bless her heart. She encouraged me to return to my yoga practice. She started me on a plank challenge in January that continues to this day. AND, she finally convinced me after two years to face a Whole 30 head on, full force. I've just finished day 43 on Wednesday. And I'll never eat sugar again. Or just for today...
Don't worry, Ken, no pot pies, pop tarts or Klondike bars were harmed during my whole 30. They are still all yours.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
LDT

Joy girl... You make me sound so bossy ..... I promise all the Marchers here that I did NOT make her do all that at gunpoint. I've never even met my buddy, Joy.... Yet..... Soon though..... More on that later. ..... Suffice it to say I am FINALLY going to have a face to face with one of my best friends that I've never met.

Okay so I've been MIA.... I feel like I will never catch up on all the posts here, but I'll try. I have some time now, so I'll be around .....
Old 05-17-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers What fun to see Joy post and to see LDT again. Joy it's great to hear from you and to hear you are doing well. LDT drop in more often, you are always welcome here -- remember we officially designated you a Marcher too -- and you can bring Joy with you too.

I have a long list of stuff to get through today so be good and have fun!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi LDT! Great to see you back here :-)
Old 05-18-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey Joy and LDT, good to see you both back here,

Back to usual today and running late so just a quick check in x
Old 05-18-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi, you guys! LDT, I've given up sugar, too. I doubt I'll ever be hornswoggled into doing a Whole30, but at least the sugar is gone! I'm treating it like alcohol: not even one bite, never--not on any occasion. It's been two weeks, and at this point the cravings are just fleeting thoughts. I think this is the time--my mindset and disposition have changed.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joy and LDT

D
Old 05-18-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
LDT

Morning Gang!

Hey Gilmer.... That's what Joygirl thought too .... No way I could convince her a Whole30 was do-able...... And now that she's done one she is quite the 'expert' ( if you know what I mean..... She just will NOT quit talking about it..... Haha. .... . ..... Love you Joy! )

Ok so some of you may or may not know that my H, crazy dog, and I will be living on our boat the whole month of June down in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Florida .,,. I've never taken a whole month off of work .....ever..... Not even during my super duper alcohol spiral. ( I just kept drinking and working..... Charming, right?).... So that much time off in itself feels odd.... But good.... Living on a boat for that long will be fun and challenging ..... And hopefully there will be no Hurricanes. ( fingers crossed )..... For sure I will blog about it. Mind if I do that here?

Happy Monday, Friends!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
hornswoggled
What a completely fabulous word! hornswoggled. It sounds like a Harry Potter word.

From google ...
to cheat or trick; bamboozle
Old 05-18-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
For sure I will blog about it. Mind if I do that here?
Mind LDT? Mind? I will mind if you don't.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

That would be fascinating, LDT!

You know what really scares me away from Whole30? The constant cooking and preparation all day, every day. I just don't have the mental energy! I can barely get a basic dinner together! The slightest little thing overwhelms me, and I get the vapors!
Old 05-18-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

LDT, I second Marcher and Gilmer :-)

Gilmer, are you turning into a Victorian lady,what with the "vapors"?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers... I got my aunt to the airport and she is back home now.
It was an interesting visit...her health is continuing to decline, and her mobility and cognition are not what they once were.
I took her to visit a dear friend who, coincidentally, ended up living in an assisted living facility that specializes in memory care. Her friend's residence was beautiful, and she said she was very happy there. She lived down the block from my aunt in Nevada, and had an aneurysm, I believe, that was so severe she was in a coma for a long time, and lost a lot of her memory from before that crisis. She used to be a professor of nursing, and trained nurses to work in surgical settings. She talked a lot about acceptance around her current situation. She ended up in Colorado because her son lives here.
I had to practice patience and acceptance with my aunt, as she was not aware of how she had declined cognitively after her stroke and heart attack. I now have just a snippet of what it is like to have to care for an elderly loved one as they age.
But, we did have some good times, and I am so glad she came to visit!
Old 05-18-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a grey Paradise this morning with rain expected (and hoped for). I imagine it's getting pretty warm where some of you are.

1Day I'm glad the visit went ok, I remember you were a bit anxious about this aunt, now you have some time to exhale and do stuff for you.

I had something funny peculiar happen last night. In recovery I've learnt about a new style (to me) of music called alternative classical and I've become a great fan of Ludovico Einaudi. I was in iTunes buying another of his albums when I came across a podcast of his work from a concert at the Barbican. Guess when it was performed? March 2013!

Have a good day peeps.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like Ludovico too

D
Old 05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, You probably don't remember me, but I started with you way back when. Unfortunately I didn't carry on, but I have joined the new May group, so hopefully this is my time. Can I draw on you all for inspiration, would love to know if you got through these two years sober? I kick myself to think I could be there with you now..
Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Chanty, just like they told me when I came back...Get your butt back in here! You're a Marcher forever!

I didn't make it through. Still a work in progress. As we all are. But, you always belong here.