Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 41

Old 05-14-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

Duff, that's fantastic news about your brother!! Yayyyyyy!

Gilmer, the boys are right, you are awesome !

Anyone hear from diggie? That philly commuter train crash has me worrying a little for him, what a tragedy...
Old 05-14-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks, you guys, but I know the truth!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks, Trach, now I'll have that tune in my head all day!

Haven't heard from DD but the train was going from DC to NY so I'm assuming he wasn't on it. But of course we'd love a check in.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

He wasn't on the derailed train, thank God. He posted last night in the "Alcoholism" forum:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5371972
Old 05-15-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Thanks, Trach, now I'll have that tune in my head all day!
Everything is Awesome!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Thanks for the heads up on DD
Gilmer, and I agree, you actually are pretty awesome.

Good to get a visit WeHave, sorry about your sis, we cannot control the actions of others, only our response to it. X

Duff how wonderful for you, I am so happy to hear that your brother is on the right track at last.

Heading home from my happy holiday tomorrow back in Scotland Sunday night. It's been a wonderful short break and I am glad we got the time away.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Today we go to tour three memory care homes. We are not anywhere near ready to move my dad in there, but we just want to have a look, see what is out there, and find out the prices. The last two days, my dad has been relatively clear-minded; however, he has less and less balance. It is getting harder and harder for him to walk.

But he still manages with his cane to come out with me to McDonalds. He really likes his cup of senior coffee (yeah, right. What he really likes are the counter girls who fawn over him! ).
Old 05-16-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I went to the doctor yesterday. All week I have been waking out of a sound sleep several times a night with a lot of pain in both triceps. The doctor figures it must be something wrong with a vertebra in my neck, because that's the only thing he could imagine that would cause pain bilaterally. So he's prescribed a bunch of steroids for nine days and given me a script for a neck x-ray.

I took a dose of steroids yesterday, but it didn't touch the pain. I will get the x-ray first thing Monday.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope they can help with the pain Gilmer

D
Old 05-16-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. Me, too!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yikes gilmer! Any neck pain, loss of movement?

Well we closed the mall down again the other night. This shopping like a girl thing is exhausting! Who knew it would take over a month to get everything we need for our wedding getup? (Probably every one of you...lol)

My suit is at the tailors now (my friend, she's like family. So that makes everything about this special to me cream suit, high heeled open toes wedge sandals (I wouldn't have known what the hell those were a month ago), my top is kind of a sleeveless chiffon blue going from a little darker than sky blue at bottom to really light blue on top. And I'm going to wear my ms pearls and opal earrings. I almost bought earrings but realized mommas opals matched. I'm both proud to have put an outfit together with minimal help (joygirl and ldt might beg to differ, they got a lot of texts, and relieved it's done!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 05-16-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sounds great, WeHav!

No, no loss of movement. No neck pain, either--but my typical posture every day when I study and surf in my favorite couch spot is to slouch down with my knees up and laptop on my stomach. I guess I'm going to have to move to the kitchen table! This huge change will really throw me off kilter!
Old 05-16-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer)))! Take care of yourself, feel better and please keep us posted.

Duff, happy news about your brother :-)

WeHav, you sound awesome! I think that part of the wedding is this planning stage and managing this phase can make a difference in how happy vs stressed you are come The Day!

Toots, glad you and Mr T had your lovely trip even though it was short.

Wow! Quite an awesome love fest going on here yesterday

All good here. I think I'm going to need some of Marcher dog's tick stuff

Have a good one to all Marchers!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all ~~~~~

It's been a hectic coupla days (all's well), I'm just running through to check on all of you. Have a good weekend!

Oh and for the girls ... A Royal Night Out is a totally feel-good movie, I took Mum to see it today with a friend. I highly recommend it for a delightful escapist two hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLc2yo-nhjg

Prince Trachy: can you remind me how to post a You Tube link? The yt /yt tags aren't working so I'm obviously constructing this wrongly.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3118917

D
Old 05-17-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well we went to see memory care facilities yesterday. I was surprised! They were really, really nice--they were on another wing of the assisted living facilities, which are lovely. One place was close and more convenient; however, their lockdown section seemed smaller and more bleak. I don't think my dad would like it (although by the time we'd ever consider putting him in, I don't think it would make any difference).

The other place was more convoluted to get to, and the paperwork was not quite as straightforward (it was very difficult to see exactly how much he would be paying for what); but the dementia part had a much nicer and more spacious feel, and I saw lots of staff interacting pleasantly with the residents.

Plus, the second facility had a friendly hairdresser named Betty to cut hair 4 days a week, and she was trimming a gentleman's hair as we visited. I know my dad would like that: he's a stickler for getting his hair cut regularly.

The third place was just assisted living; it was not a lockdown facility, so it was out of the running.

When I came home, I was full of affection for my dad. He was having a very confused day yesterday, but we were able to assure him that all of his concerns were fully taken care of. We're out at McDonalds now.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I had a pretty good sleep last night. I had some dull pain when I was trying to drift off, but it eventually went away when i turned onto my side. It didn't wake me up! I guess the prednisone is kicking in after all.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

One is extremely embarrassed that one neglected to read the online info but thanks Dee muchly.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Did One enjoy Ones film perchance Marcher!! Hahaha

Well that's me heading home now back to same ol'same ol' still, we did have a great time away.
Gilmer I'm glad you have had your mind eased somewhat looking at the facilities, let's hope it's a while before any is needed. And I'm glad your shoulders feel better. I have not slept well the last 2 nights partly because my knee has been giving me gyp, and partly hubby's nocturnal nasal serenades. back to my own bed tonight all alone.... Bliss!!!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Marcher, thanks for the link to the video. Looks like an enjoyable movie :-)

Gilmer, glad you went to see those places. Better to see than to imagine! And good to be prepared. My mom lived in a nearby assisted living apartment for around 3 years and that saved my sanity, such as it is!

Toots, happy dreams :-)