Class of March 2013 Part 41

Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((gilmerand dad)))

D
Old 06-07-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Gilmer: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:44 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer)))! I'm praying for you and your dad! From what I've been reading about end-of-life care, use of Haldol is not unusual as are some other seemingly unorthodox meds. The hospice folks can help a great deal. Their goal will be to make your dad's quality of life as good as it can be. You know how to reach me - please feel free to call if you want to talk!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a wild windy sunny Paradise, I guess you have seen why I call it that. Marcher Dog and I had a wildly exhilarating walk on the beach, the wind is blowing a gale from the west so we had to fight to stay on course walking north-south on the sand.

Gilmer dear girl you are in my thoughts. I know you must be scared as well as worried, I have every confidence in you to make the best possible decisions. Lots of good thoughts and marcher prayers are coming from all of us.

Have a good Sumonday peeps.

ETA I sent my seventh blanket to the Fistula Hospital people on Friday, I am aiming to make it ten before the end of the year. So if I can get my friend N's jumper finished and what I'm doing for three expected babies, I'll do it!
Old 06-07-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Gilmer, you and your family are in my thoughts. Please keep us close, we are all here for you.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Thank you guys.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

(((Gilmer)))
Old 06-08-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Well, I talked to the hospice nurse and told her everything that happened this weekend. She ruled out that my dad's behavior was a side effect of the anti-anxiety med; then she called the doctor and had him call in a script of Haldol. That's what she thought the situation called for.

Today I will research nursing homes in a range of 50 miles from here--find out conditions for acceptance, care provided, price, waiting lists, etc.

The nurse will come over to check him out tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Gilmer, holding you and your family in my thoughts.

Marcher, you are a wonderful human being - seventh blanket to the Fistula Hospital! Glad Marcher mum is well.

WeHav, congrats on the Ohio reception.

Bud, hope the Budmobile is at maximum performance.

Trach, the Stones were in my part of the country recently. So tired of these punk-kid 72-year olds acting like they can play their music as loud as they please.

All sounds well with Toots and Sass.

Shoes, Chanty, DD, Mick, where are you?

As for yours truly, I am itching to get me a solo in the boundary waters….

Mucho amour to all Marchers, past and present.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I've heard and read lots about boundary waters, North. Want BAD to get there. Maybe one day.

A canoe or kayak is next on my list of things.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Gilmer, absolutely praying for you and your dad both!

North, thanks, you are so sweet!

North and Trachy, bwca is the bestest place ever!!!! I have only been once, have wanted to go back ever since. Amazing, life changing. Wonderful place.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's a lovely day in Paradise, it's especially lovely because Mr Marcher suggested I have a day off! Because our weekend is on Sunday and Monday we rarely get public holidays but this weekend is a three day one.

North Boundary Waters looks amazing. I had not heard of it so after reading Trachy and We's comments after yours I had to google it. Wow!

Sass and Gilmer I have a TV series recommendation if you don't mind an oldie, the British "Peak Practice", we are watching it at the moment and it's good.

Duff where are you my sweet?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi, all. I just got back from the day trip to my in-laws'.

My dad was very weak and feeble and out of it today. His speech is unintelligible. My daughter said that he spent most of the day asleep or agape in his chair. He fell once.

I strongly suspect he's had a mini-stroke.

I am looking forward to the hospice nurse's arrival tomorrow to assess this new development with his condition.

I really don't know what to think about Haldol now. Tomorrow I will price nursing homes. I will also speak frankly to the nurse about our chances of getting hospice extended, and maybe getting a hospital bed and hiring home health carers to take care of certain things for him in case he can't function independently anymore.

We think it would be best to keep him at home if possible.

I'm tired. I've been on the road all day, and things seem to take a new twist every day. I feel as though I am blindfolded throwing darts at a dartboard and trying to hit the bullseye--in fact, I feel like I'm not even going to hit the board.

I should just go to bed.

Oh, and I got tested by the audiologist this morning--I've definitely got a hearing loss, too. :
Old 06-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Marcher: Enjoy your day off... how kind of Mr. Marcher to make the suggestion. And I will add your suggestion of "Peak Practice" to my list of series
to watch. I am in the middle of the British Midsomer Murder Series, ...it has a lot of seasons on Netflix... something like 12 or 15, and each episode is long. It will probably take me most of the summer to get through it.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

still thinking of you and your dad Gilmer
prayers for courage and clarity.

D
Old 06-08-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Thank you very much, Dee.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I just said good night to my dad. He didn't recognize me.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Ugh gilmer, I'm so sorry. Big prayers. Dee was spot on, big prayers for clarity and peace.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer))), I'm sending lots of prayers your way. It's no wonder you are tired. Thinking of you!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Oh marcher you'd love bwca. And you would be an awesome addition to an expedition with your cooking skills. When we went, we were ll foodies and our food bag outweighed everything else. It was awesome.

If you are google stalking (we teased j's English friends and called them googles talkers because they looked up everywhere we went in San Diego, they were a blast), you can check out the hotel del Coronado. That's where we stayed after the wedding. It's a really amazing place in sd, it's one of very few victorian structure there.