Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 41

Old 06-12-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Gilmer, still praying for poppa gilmer...

Toots, thanks for the helloooo! I must have missed something, a trying 24 hours? I loooove the Lake District!! We paddled Derwentwater 'cause I wanted to kayak on another continent. we stayed in Keswick, then made our way down stopping in Ambleside and Bowness. Don't know off we'll make it up there this year, I really want to dip my toes in the ocean somewhere. And j wants us to do some kind of 'do where we wear our wedding suits for the English peeps.

Marcher, glad you got your hear fixed! Boooo, don't remind me that the due are gonna get shorter later this month! I have my birthday as some consolation, lol.

Man it's been an interesting week! Camps are underway so work is craaaaazy. That's been pretty good though. I somehow managed to leave my wallet at j's house on Tuesday. So I went three days without it. Not too big a deal, I had a little bit of cash, enough to get gas. (Of course in the old days, that would have been really bad to not have booze money) Then I somehow got a nail in my tire. Hmmmm what to do.... It was night, so no places open. It wasn't leaking, so I went home.

Instead of freaking out, I set my alarm early so I could change my tire and get to work on time if necessary. Got up and it was ok. I new I was on borrowed time, but it was ok to get to work. Again, not stressed. But I needed to figure out how to pay for getting tire fixed. Nope, spare credit card was in wallet too! (I usually use a debit card and credit card when traveling, bring a second one "just in case." All of it was at j's house since we had just been on a trip.)

Soooo, I grabbed a checkbook. Anyone take checks anymore? I was about to find out! Got to the tire place, they plugged my tire, they take checks, woohoo! The only bummer was the tire place was back logged so I ended up late for a volunteer meeting. But again, I didn't stress! I just facebooked the head water marshal guy I'm volunteering for. He was cool.

The moral of the story? Sober problem solving is the BEST!! Old wehav would have been itching for a drink at each turn. Now I just look at options.

Plus, I just got married. I'm in way too good a mood to sweat it!

Have a good one, marchers!
Old 06-13-2015, 01:59 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Way not to sweat it We!

It was the great North Swim yesterday , darn fools crossing lake Windemere in cozzies and a swim cap ... Pure Radio Rental! ( trans, slightly lacking in common sense...) though at least it was unusually warm for them. We hadn't known it was on and arrived in the town at the beginning of the race so there was nowhere we could park up to watch so we just had to drive on and wish them well!

We, I forget what I have posted on which thread, so I may not have said here, but my Godfather died and I had to travel down to England for the funeral. It was a lovely service I was so glad I went.

Marcher thanks for the reminder, another thing to tag onto next Sunday... My 5k charity run, Father's Day, our wedding anniversary, and now, nights begin to draw in! Cheers for that... No I really mean it...

Gilmer, I hope your dads mental capacity returns as well love. Still thinking of you.

Sass, how are you and er where are you?

Hugs Marchers xx
Old 06-13-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Yeah, Sass! We miss you!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

I've minimized posting because fruity tablet is easiest but I overdid some game playing and my entire right arm is sore. So I'm resting it for awhile. I now have a tiny keyboard on my mini tablet which is marginally better than tapping with finger.

I'm doing really well! It's been amazingly busy for me - much more so than when I was retired and not living here. The days and weeks are flying by at supersonic speed. I've gotten involved in some of the committees here plus activities. I still haven't found time to rearrange my apartment since move-in. Sassy kitty loves it here! She is much more socialble and seems far more relaxed.

I've quit counting days and am focusing on the positive things in my life. Unlike previously, I don't get bent out of shape by people who are a bit less than pleasant and just accept that those do exist. In the process, I've found that some people that I didn't think I'd like are in reality delightful people. So my horizons are truly being expanded.

I do still read here every day and this so much appreciate the Marchers in particular!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You do sound like you're doing really well, Sas. I'm glad for you.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:37 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

thanks, Trachy. I am feeling so much better. I've had so much trouble with feelings of agonizing shame about my drinking. I'm gradually starting to let go of those feelings. I'm enjoying a more relaxed sobriety now. I hadn't realized just how much I had been white-knuckling it until recently. I'm feeling much more comfortable now
Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Talk about a white-knuckle evening! I just worked the Kenny Chesney concert at the georgia Dome. kenny-chesney-in-atlanta-everything-you-need-to-know

10 hours work, 6 hours of "country" music(it was more like old southern rock), cowgirls of all ages(one insisted I take her number), probably 50,000 people, and enough booze to float a small armada.

In hindsight, I would have paid to see that show. It was a good old fashioned worth the price festival. Four bands, good production, good musicianship.

The first 6 pictures here are of the concert.

This was a party crowd. Like Jimmy Buffet fans. They call themselves the No Shoes Nation.

Anyway, I emerged unscathed. Except for a sore foot caused by the cheap shoes I was wearing. I did aisle duty and a little bit of stair duty and door duty. I like aisle duty as people coming and going get to being friendly and familiar. Helped solve some problems, made some people smile. It was fun.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like a good time, all up, Trach

D
Old 06-14-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
cowgirls of all ages(one insisted I take her number
Prince Trachy I'll just bet y'all are being a southern gentleman and she actually took your number! It sounds like a great concert.

Sass I am so glad to hear you sounding so happy and so fulfilled.
Old 06-14-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Wow Prince Trachy! Totally awesome!
Old 06-14-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

One more week before Sass and I meet up!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Yay!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Woooohooo, sr meetup!!

Trachy, you are a prince. I bet if you had worn a cowboy hat and big belt buckle, you would have had a pocket full of phone numbers. wranglers? You'd have to have a force field around you!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I just wish I could travel around the world to meet all of our Marchers!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I love the idea of an SR cruise!

All good in Tootsville just tired after a sleepless night ( blaming this on hubby's nasal orchestrations!)
Old 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Yes, Toots! An SR cruise would be incredible 😎

Sorry to hear about loss of sleep - not fun.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Thanks to a kind friend who came and stayed, we slipped away overnight down to Canberra. We went to the National Gallery, walked along the lake and ate well. It was a good -- if brief -- getaway, they do cold in Canberra just like some of you do.

I'll catch up on everyone's news, hope you are all well, have a good day.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Sr cruise sounds awesome! It's gotta have good food, yummy desserts and elderflower fizzy!

Marcher, so glad you had a little mini holiday, that's wonderful.

Gilmer, still praying for you and poppa gilmer.

It must be going around. I spent the evening at my best friends mothers house with her. Going back Friday too. She's in hospice care. Mother Mary as we all call her, has had a pacemaker for years. She's also a retired nurse. When the doc told her it's time to operate and change her battery in the pacemaker, she asked if it would make her feel any better (she's had heart troubles for many years, has been feeling progressively worse). He said no, and the surgery has some risk. She decided to not have the battery changed. So when the pacemaker gives out, so will she.

We don't know if it's the decision or what, but she started to decline almost immediately. The pacemaker is supposed to last another 6 months. My friend has been a wreck. So I went over there tonight. The whole fam was there, my friends brothers and sisters. J was there for hours, 'cause I married a good one.

I was kind of scared of what I'd walk in to, but prayed to be able to be the person my friend and her mom needed. I'm so glad I did.

If mother Mary has a good day on Friday, we'll be watching magic mike on DVD.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

continued prayers wehav

D
Old 06-15-2015, 09:53 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Thank you, dee