Glad to hear it, Snoozy. Proud of you!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you Leshar

D
Old 06-30-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Still lurking and still sober thanks to this class. 2 years today. Hope some of the others who don't post often will check in soon too.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you PP. Congrats on your 2 years- wonderful stuff!

D
Old 07-01-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hi PurePoison,

I know we don't know each other; I kind of jumped in here recently.
Just wanted to congratulate you on two years of sobriety! That's awesome.

Love Venus ♥
Old 07-01-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurePoison View Post
Hi guys. Still lurking and still sober thanks to this class. 2 years today. Hope some of the others who don't post often will check in soon too.
Congratulations on 2 years, PP. That's so fantastic.

Glad to see you still around!xx

Look forward to some more checkins this month!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:45 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Congrats PP , WHAT A GREAT EFFORT ON 2 years. So glad you are still with us xoxoxoox
Old 07-01-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Congrats PP!!!

Slept really good last night for the first time in awhile - Abby slept from 8pm -6am, which is her longest stretch Feeling good and strong today, hope I can hold on to this peaceful feeling. It's been nice not having to battle my AV, find a way to get to the liquor store and then go through the hiding process. No way to live.

Thinking of you Leshar.

Glad you are feeling good today too Snoozy!
Old 07-01-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on two years, PurePoison! That's awesome. I was an old member of the class who went back out for a long time but am now back here on a regular basis. Day 55 here and couldn't be happier about it.

Also thinking of you, Leshar. Hope you're able to check in soon.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Soberwolf, I'm sorry for your loss. Look after yourself.

PurePoison, congratulations on 2 years!!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I've had 7 ECT and don't feel any better. It's very frustrating. The treatment continues. I pray it will help.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you (((((Leshar))))) i am sorry you dont feel any changes yet how many ect's did they say is in the course of treatment hopefully some good will come soon you can msg me day or night Lesh i have all the time in the world for you & all our friends here

Thank you Bob im sorry about your loss too my mantra lately has been head up keep my heart strong your a good friend

Casey 55 days is epic !!! your doing great

Nice to meet you PP and congratulations on your 2 year mark

Snoozy you are always wonderful your doing amazing

Big hello & hugs to Croissant, Ladybug, Venus, Leigh, D, Nj Kitty, Gilmer, NCG, & any 2013 Julyers i may have missed or yet to meet

Thanks everyone & on a sidenote im melting away in this heat
Old 07-01-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's so funny to see all the UKers on these boards complaining about the heat when the temperatures they're experiencing would be considered a day of relief here in hot West Texas. Not picking on you, soberwolf, you're just probably the tenth or more person I've seen this morning talking about how bad the heatwave is in England right now so I went and looked at the temperatures there and it's only in the high 80s (Fahrenheit). It's that hot here at two in the morning sometimes!

Of course I'll be doing the same but opposite whining in the winter here when I'm complaining about the cold and it's not even close to freezing.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And glad you checked in, Leshar, but sorry the ECT still has you hurting. Have the doctors given any indication how long it normally takes for the treatments to turn a corner?

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Leshar. Let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone. So great to be part of such a caring and supportive group. Wouldn't be where I am now without you all. XO
Old 07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Do your best

Oh i know its hotter in a lot of places i saw on the london news 2 women from melbourne being asked about londons heat they simply replied its nothing lol i laughed & thought of D

I know it gets hot in texas and i cant imagine the temputures of a hot summer where some of our friends are you & D have my hot summer sympathy lol

There was also a woman from florida who said todays weather in london is pleasant lol

Its all what were been brouught up with & climatisation well saying that when i moved to greece on my own at 18 for work it was hot i wore sunscreen and still ended up cherry tomato by the end of my 2nd week there by the end i had a lovely tan but them first 2 weeks was sizzling hot

I have 3 fans on
Old 07-01-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I just saw an article that said that in Australia the sun is much more intense than in North America.

So I guess I understand why you all hate summer so much! You must scoff at us when we brag about our hot summers (just as we scoff at you when you complain of cold winters--though I hear this one really has been colder than usual).
Old 07-01-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

I pray it will help too Leshar

Hot is hot I think, it's relative to what you're used to. The ehat is not so bad, it's the humdity with it that drains me.

Winter is good - in this well constructed modern house I haven't even had to have the heater on

D
Old 07-01-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats impressive D the 1 thing i like about summer is its cheaper on the gas bill

Humidity is draining, i remember watching a Ray Mears doc (this guy is amazing btw) he was talking about when oz was first getting mapped out and in & amongst his rescue survival tips he was detailing how so many died through the heat trying to do this

He also stayed with an aboriginal tribe and learnt tips from them when he was there its because of him i know aboriginals know how to find water in the most scarce of places

On another note my dog is hot too and earlier & just an hour ago i wrapped in a cold wet wrung towel as it helps to cool him down he loved it bless him he has his own fan

Note to self my dog has its own fan lol

Goodnight Julyers
Old 07-01-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hi everyone , I'm just so thrilled to see how much this thread has picked up.. It's wonderful having you back Casey and what a lovely surprise to hear from you .PUREPOISON

It's lovely to have Gilmer as a regular now I so enjoy you input & your compassion , I love that & also seeing sweet little Venus cat always ready to pop in for a bit of cheer & support ( you are wonderful) thanks for everything

I hope Lulu is still lurking , I miss you & your witty comments.xx we all do

Hope to hear from Humbug , he's been doing it tough as well . Be great to hear from Pete too. :-) & soberleigh , Huntington & any other of the old regulars .

You know you are ALWAYS welcome right !

I absolutely love this group.

Speaking of weather , omg Dee lives in heaven . One of the best climates in the world. How dare you be able to kick back and not even have the heater on ONCE !
Try living in stinking hot ADELAIDE and bloody freezing ADELAIDE .
Haha :-)

when I stepped off the plane from Queensland to ADELAIDE , I had shorts , thongs and a t shirt on , to walk into a freezing Adelaide with coats , scarves etc , brass monkey weather. ( I obviously am not a seasoned traveller ) I'll know next time lol.

We have had to have the heater on since early May . The thing with Adelaide Is we don't get much in between weather , it virtually goes from hot to freezing .
Aaaaaah how I miss FNQ. Lazing on the sofa with the sliding doors open the cool breeze coming in and the ceiling fans on. Heaven .

Crois how is your business going are you still happy with things and are you still enjoying you harbour walks . I so loved the pictures you used to post all the time . The scenery was magnificent & have you recovered mentally from that Lindt episode.
Everytime I see something on the to about it I always think of you xx

Bob , do you still take Leah out on her daily walks . Malamutes are the most beautiful dogs . I often pop up to my brothers house whilst he is at work and give Tekhani and Shadow some treats .
I call out hi girls , it's Aunty Wendy & they go crazy .

My back feels a bit better after my physio yesterday so I think I'll take my boys for a walk to the dog park .

I'm picking Holly up from her Dads first so we can go together , then we are going to hit the shops for some retail therapy .

Better rug up , it's freezing out there lol xx

Leshar can they just STOP this treatment now ! It's not working & I feel so incredibly so for the way you have to continue.

If it's not making a difference , you shouldn't have to go on with it unless of course it's a series to benefit you in the long term . But after 7 I would have expected a noticeable change.

I hope I haven't missed anyone , Crois will let me know :p Xx

Old 07-01-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Winter in July...what will you wacky Australians think of next?

Seriously, you sound like you're in a good place today, Snoozy. Hope you enjoyed your walk!

After midnight here, so I guess this is the start of day 56. Had the day off work. Did all my laundry and went to the pool this afternoon with my 9-year old nephew. He's autistic and can't seem to get the coordination down to properly swim but still absolutely loves the water. He was so proud of himself today that he had learned how to "jump in" the pool. (In reality, it was more of a step in than a jump, but it was still fun to see him so excited about it.) Got a little sunburn on my shoulders but nothing severe.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm heading to bed, I think. Off again tomorrow (or today, depending on your point of view on when a day really starts.)