Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 40

Old 05-02-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

yep
Old 05-02-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

1Day, I watched Midsomer Murders. The detectives were pretty deadpan and the characters were wild and wacky! I liked it.

I have also watched a few more episodes of Doc Martin. It has grown on me!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Gilmer, that's how Doc Martin worked for me ... Slowly at first :-)
Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Gilmer, and I am enjoying Death in Paradise very much... I watched the wedding murder episode last night... I like how the endings have an unexpected twist. Thank you for pointing out the similarity to Doc Martin They are very alike in how the main characters just have to wear formal clothing, are resistant to the local culture...lol...
It is a weird coincidence that you brought this series to my attention... I was just thinking the other day that I wish I could watch Doc Martin for the first time, as I enjoyed it so much, and here is a clone of it... I am so appreciative!

With my love of planning travel adventures, but not necessarily actually travelling, I am now thinking I need a tropical vacation.
I am surfing the 'net for info on Costa Rica so I will have another destination for my bucket list - my understanding is that Costa Rica is a lot more affordable than the Caribbean.

Toots: How wonderful you get to travel so often... enjoy your time in Portugal!
Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Trachy I meant mini not Minnie hahaha

Sass true what they say, it takes one to know one!

Ip1day we are looking forward to the break, but to be honest I could really do with 2 weeks rather than just one!
Old 05-02-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

1Day, Costa Rica is fantastic! I worked there a few months many years ago. It's only gotten better since then.

You have the Caribbean on the East, mountains and a metropolis in the middle and the Pacific on the west. Quite the amazing place to rent a car and travel around. Peaceful, safe, full of happy people. Take extra SD cards for the camera as the scenery is stunning.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Congrats on 18 months, Duff.

As someone with bad anxiety, I totally get how you feel.

So I approach social situations by telling myself the following:

1. I am not that important. Most people are self-absorbed, in that they are really only thinking about themselves. No really cares what I am doing or not doing. No one is judging me. I am only judging myself.

2. No one will remember what I say the next day. I could say the dumbest thing in the world, but it will be out of people's minds in a matter of minutes. The only thing that will have people remembering is me getting drunk and making a fool of myself.

3. People love to talk about themselves. The best way to have conversations is just to ask questions, listen to the answers and ask follow-up questions with interest.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
So I have been in West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Sacramento and Denver in the past 7 days. Lots of time on cramped airplanes.

My one flight home from Denver back to Philly had to turn around because the A/C broke. They got us a new plane but the captain had timed out on hours so they had to find a new captain. I didn't get home until 4am Saturday morning.

Otherwise, things are good as usual. My work performance year is over so I've been working fewer hours. Definitely getting promoted in June. Just don't know how much of a raise I'm getting. I could really use the money for life stuff (engagement ring, wedding, moving to LA, etc.).

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
1Day, Costa Rica is fantastic! I worked there a few months many years ago. It's only gotten better since then.

You have the Caribbean on the East, mountains and a metropolis in the middle and the Pacific on the west. Quite the amazing place to rent a car and travel around. Peaceful, safe, full of happy people. Take extra SD cards for the camera as the scenery is stunning.
Trachy: Thanks so much for sharing your experience... yeah, one of the internet sites had different locations to choose from in C. R., and your post helps me understand why there is a variety of towns/ villages/cities to choose from. It is advertised a lot here in the Denver area, and for awhile, there were a lot of ads for condos there.
If you have any tips on affordable motels I would appreciate the info!
One thing I noticed, the rainy season is really rainy! So it seems the months of January-April are best - however, that is also the tourist season.. is that correct?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The rainy season is just daily rain. Not a big deal. As the rest of the weather is pretty unchanging all year, any time is good. Note: LOTS of sunscreen is needed. It's been too long for me to have any advice on hotels. Even the one I lived in, The Hotel Bougainvillea, has moved to a new building since my time.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

UGHHHH! South Florida Hell here, Buddtruck's windows decided not to come down anymore and A/C not working. I can actually live without the A/C as my drive times are usually short enough that the truck wouldn't get cold by the time I get there anyways.

Costa Rica is on my Buddket list too!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

"Buddket" list....clever.....
Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers! I missed you all and thought of you, I have been having the most wonderful time out. You know how usually the time zips by when you are having a break? Well I feel like it's been a month since I've been here instead of three days.

I had the best best best time on Saturday! It was -- simply -- superb. It's as if someone turned on a light in my brain and all the old passion for food from scratch has soared again. I mean it's been there but it's been burning gently, now I'm totally switched on again.

We did a farm walk of a couple of miles, we talked about pasture grown meat, organic vegetables and fruit. I learned so much about sourdough I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Plus crackers, sweet biscuits (cookies), jam, bone broth and yoghurt. Being in a small commercial kitchen with seven other switched on people was just the best.

Sunday was a total surprise -- Mr Marcher and my dear friend N organised an early but quiet (I didn't want a big thing) celebration of my birthday which was wonderful.

Today has been a catch up day after my two days off.

Great to see you DD!
Ken I hope you have some ventilation.
Toots enjoy Spain!
1Day you are sounding really "buoyant".
Sass -- so glad you went on one of the trips with the others.
Gilmer I'm glad you are enjoying "the Doc".
Duff I hope you are surviving your wet season.
Trachy you are a prince.
Dee I hope all is well with you.

Have a good Monday all.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad you had a good time Marcher

I am fine

D
Old 05-04-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Oh no Budd! That is not even funny about your truck - I agree you can live wo ac but those windows need to roll down! You won't be able to breathe. I hope they get fixed soon before it gets broiling again.

Marcher, I'm still smiling from your post. I am so very happy you had such a lovely day. You must be a very talented chef - I mean I already knew that but what you experienced sounds incredible and I'm so glad it's reignited a passion within you. I can totally hear the joy in your words.

I went to Costa Rica with hubby before we were married. It's a special place & I hope to go back. Bring a surf board, 1day! They say the surfing is great.

DD, you were in my backyard! I hope it wasn't all work & you got a chance to enjoy the beach. Engagement ring?? We might have another March wedding?? Lots of good stuff going on with you, DD!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hope you get your truck fixed quickly, Budd!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARCHER!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Administrator

and happy birthday from me too Marcher

Old 05-04-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

have a wonderful birthday, Marcher!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers.

A hiccup note. Much going on here and it has been very stressful in paradise this past week. Sad to say I slipped for two days. I'm 100% committed to stay on the wagon and am doing what I should have been from the beginning, which is go to regular AA meetings. I got out of the groove because of snow and then kept putting it off. I remembered my IOP and the cycle and realized I just need to pick myself up, connect more with other like-minded people and keep on truckin'. So I am not restarting counting but will add 2 days to my sober date and will wait to celebrate next when I hit the new 10 months.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear that Sas - I want to ask what happened exactly - but it's none of my business...I'm just glad you're back.

Please don't let this thing get its claws into you again.

D