Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 2

Old 03-21-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Court jester

Originally Posted by hiimbryan1 View Post
Gosh, I feel like I got hit with a brick.

My best friend of 15 years text me just now that his birthday party is next Friday. I told him I would go but not be drinking, he supports that, but there is going to be MOST of my good friends there and tons of booze and drugs....

Another example, instead of going on a date last night ("like almost every 1st date "for drinks") I canceled saying I was sick and sat alone all night by myself...

This is what sucks most is the loneliness of sobriety.

:
Look at it from a different perspective: it beats the lonliness of sitting in detox for a few days! And you are never alone, you only THINK you are. Change that thought my friend.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

In time, you be able to go anywhere and be fine - but you start weight training with the lightest weights not the heaviest...build up those sober muscles guys

D
What was that old quote? "Lift a calf every day and eventually you'll be lifting a bull"?
Old 03-21-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Well Marchers. What a ride. Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Been busy around the house. I hope that today finds you all well and sober.

As for me, yesterday was terrible. I felt 100% sure that this morning would be yet another "Day One." I just felt like I had ZERO control. I'm still not sure how I ended up asleep and not at the liquor store. I'm glad that I did yet somehow I still feel some shame for feeling like that. For being so close to messing up when I've made it two weeks already!

Then a friend of mine came over this afternoon. He's always been a big drinker but since he didn't mention booze I figured it'd prolly be okay. Well sure enough, he brought it up. "So, ya wanna drink some beers or something later?" Oddly enough I said no with a fair amount of ease. AV definitely chimed in quickly. Complaining about the "missed opportunity." Whatever AV, shut up! My friend was respectful enough. He just shrugged it off and changed the subject. O.o
Old 03-21-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Administrator

Never heard that one Trach

Good for you on getting through that Spirit

D
Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bmac View Post
Day 5, feeling great. Find myself smoking more than usual, but I'm sure a temporary compensation. I have also given myself carte' blanche to eat whatever the heck I want this week....so I got that going for me!
Me too! I've gone off the reservation in the food department, and smoke like a freight train lately. But the way I see it is, one demon at a time. Once the alcohol is gone for good, then I'll work on the nicotine. Plus, I've been trying to get back on my ecig. I won't have quit but it's still better than traditional smokes.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
In time, you be able to go anywhere and be fine - D
I hope that this is true for me some day. It would be great to not have to limit my social interaction on the basis or whether or not there's alcohol present.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:56 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Ciao good morning buon matins
I'm into double digits
Day 10 very happy.. Resting heart bpm 47
Good wishes to everybody
Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
I hope that this is true for me some day. It would be great to not have to limit my social interaction on the basis or whether or not there's alcohol present.
I just spent four hours in a studio with those cans of bourbon and cokes all round.

Honestly not a problem. I wouldn't have tried that year one though

D
Old 03-22-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
AKA Supersonic

Two weeks today.

Need to work out a change of routine cos my current one is still based around drinking. I've been keeping the same routine but replacing booze with chocolate, fizzy drinks etc

Time to put my kids first. I've been a slave to alcohol in that everything was planned around my next drink. There are so many more options now.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good going Stu! Eight days here!

I had a terrible night last night, but it wasn't much to do with alcohol. I have two border terriers and when I went to bed Molly was already on my bed and I didn't have the heart to move her. So then the other one turned up and jumped on! What with one of them shuffling around every few minutes to get comfy and the other deciding to gnaw his toe nails noisily at some point in the dead of the night I don't think I slept more than half an hour at a time!

Hoping everyone in the Marching group is doing well. Besides being a bit knackered from too little sleep I am doing better than I could possibly have expected!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Strength builds upon strength, Djinn. You got this. You do.

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Well Marchers. What a ride. Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Been busy around the house. I hope that today finds you all well and sober.

As for me, yesterday was terrible. I felt 100% sure that this morning would be yet another "Day One." I just felt like I had ZERO control. I'm still not sure how I ended up asleep and not at the liquor store. I'm glad that I did yet somehow I still feel some shame for feeling like that. For being so close to messing up when I've made it two weeks already!

Then a friend of mine came over this afternoon. He's always been a big drinker but since he didn't mention booze I figured it'd prolly be okay. Well sure enough, he brought it up. "So, ya wanna drink some beers or something later?" Oddly enough I said no with a fair amount of ease. AV definitely chimed in quickly. Complaining about the "missed opportunity." Whatever AV, shut up! My friend was respectful enough. He just shrugged it off and changed the subject. O.o
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the support everyone ... I guess if I spent years (and years) drinking its logical to expect it to take time before you start feeling good after quitting.

Congrats to everyone surviving the weekend, and in general not drinking!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Day 4. Feeling really positive I think it's because I'm back at the gym!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Court jester

Day 6 and feeling great! No withdrawals thanks to medical supervision and medication. Spending hours a day on this site encouraging others. I am a teacher and this past week was spring break so it was an optimal time to quit. I have been able to sleep 10+ hours each night and relax during the day.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

16 sober nights! I am feeling depressed and angry. Someone mentioned before about feeling flat and that is how I feel. I know drinking isn't going to make it any better and only worse.

Anybody read "Girl On A Train"? I just began it and she talks about the embarrassing things she does when she's drunk and I identify only too well.

Happy Sunday Marchers. Tomorrow I begin my new job. Wish me luck!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

One week down. Went to an A A meeting last night not sure if they're for me. Heading out for a run now. Good luck to everyone this week
Old 03-22-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
16 sober nights! I am feeling depressed and angry. Someone mentioned before about feeling flat and that is how I feel. I know drinking isn't going to make it any better and only worse.

Anybody read "Girl On A Train"? I just began it and she talks about the embarrassing things she does when she's drunk and I identify only too well.

Happy Sunday Marchers. Tomorrow I begin my new job. Wish me luck!
Just reading it at the moment! (no spoiler please - only on page 15 or so!). I have only started reading again the last couple of days. When I'm drinking my concentration just isn't up to it.

End of day eight here and feeling exhausted to be honest, but strong.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Still here but not doing well today. This is the first night I have had AWFUL cravings. I want to drink beer! If I didnt' have this klonopin in my system I would. And that scares me. UGH
Im on day 18 I believe. AV is telling me its been long enough and Im cured.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this Artic http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 03-22-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Signing in for day 1.

I was here in the past and managed 6 months sober. My drinking has been progressively getting worse and i am sick of it. I need to change so i am back here.

My alcohol of choice is beer but i am swapping to pepsi max.