Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good morning guys!

Just got home from the gym. Knocked out another hour on the treadmill. Tomorrow morning my daughter and I are going together so I will venture further than the treadmill and start with some weights etc.

Today is day 34 for me and ahhh hahhh we are on the verge of another weekend. I forgot about that, that's a good sign. Now I just need to shoo the thought out of my mind. lol

Sisterbobby, you need to slap the snot out of that AV! lol Just wind up and let it have it right in the kisser! BAM!!

Okay off to start my day. It's snowing and windy out so I guess I'll be home all day.

Jojo
Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Bummer James

How did that storm go?
Still raining heaps. Most devastation North of where I am but the aftermath is heading this way. It was a category 5, cyclone, the worst you can get.

128 km Gympie (Mt Kanigan) Radar Loop

Hope the link above works

Thanks for asking.

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
Dee, I absolutely love what you just said. That one simple sentence; "There are absolutely no answers back the way we came..."

Very profound statement Dee! I'm going to write that on my big whiteboard in the kitchen.

Jojo
Me too! Thanks Dee and Jojo
Old 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice sober friday Januarians
Old 02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you're ok - made the news here too

England had another disaster - called New Zealand. I'm glad most people on this thread are from North America and so unaware of our national humiliation. Scotland on Monday

I've had some delicious Ghanaian food, Monkfish on banana leaves
Woman next to me had wine but drank it really slowy. I was kind of obsessing over it. Spoilt what would have been a really nice evening. Bailed out at 9.00pm
Glad I went though as I can't be a hermit forever
Old 02-20-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

I've had a good day, busy again and just back from a great AA meeting. Day 39 drawing to a close.

2Wheel and Sisterbobby, I'm glad you made it through those cravings. Well done, guys! 2Wheel, I hope everything is OK with your job.

James, that storm sounds very scary! Stay safe.

A big sober hello to all my other fellow Januarians!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

On my phone - at a kids basketball game. Having some AV telling me tonight is going to be boring when I get home. I need a plan. Maybe watch Fury in my pjs
Old 02-20-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Teebee, I'm having the same thoughts... Supper is done and cleaned up, kind of wondering around bored, almost pacing, and thinking I'm hungry... That extra time on the treadmill is talking to me. FEED MEEEEEE!!!! Planning on watching a movie in an hour or so. AV is telling me drinks and a movie would be great. I don't want to. I want to go to bed on time. My daughter and I are going to the gym in the morning. Drinking will only lead to a hang over. I can't drink like other people. I have one, I'll want a dozen.

UGH! I'll be so glad when weekends no longer provide triggers.

Stay safe James! Your big ugly storm made our news here in Canada!

Jojo
Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do this Jojo - we all can

D
Old 02-20-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Okay I got this. It's passed. I have my plan. A blueberry protein smoothie, a couple fibre cookies, bottle of water, and for back up I have popcorn. I have my blanket, and the movie is ready to go.

Jojo
Old 02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Way to go, Jojo! You kicked the AV's butt!

Lately when I get the AV whispering in my ear, I get an image of the serpent in the Garden of Eden. And there's no way I'm gonna let it talk me into "just one". I like living in the Garden. I'm not gonna listen to any voice, real or imagined, that threatens my beautiful new sober life.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

hubby drinking and nearly in a stupor state when i got home from work, i felt so sad. My AV totally vanished. I heated up a bowl of beans and chicken and went to my room. Going to watch a little TV and read and go to bed.
Yes, way to go everyone, fighting that AV...
Old 02-20-2015, 10:33 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry sisterbobby

D
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Relationship ended again before even making it to counseling. He says ge feels like hes not good enough yet he breaks our plans on Valentines Day and his birthday. Now he's just being difficult to coparent with. I do thank God for my job and being able to stand on my own two feet financially and otherwise. Tonight a friend slept over and we went as far as buying a bottle. We got side tracked by discussing how we want to get fit and decided to forget the drinking. She's now sleeping and im grabbing a snack and jumping into bed as well. I know I can't let my difficulties knock me off this path. Ive got 50 sober days under my belt! That's a lot if strength I need to refocus + build upon! Thank you all for the support! Good night. .
Old 02-20-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're standing up for you and you kid LLG

D
Old 02-21-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

great job LLG6...you can do this
Old 02-21-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Today makes four weeks sober for me. It has been very busy where I will work and will be for about another week. I have been going into work for a few hours even on my days off. Today is no exception- going to the gym and then to work. I'm definitely ready for a day off. Usually those are the days when I get bored sometimes and think about having a drink, but I am very confident I can get past the urge easily now. Thank you everyone again for your posts. They are helping me a lot.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

35 days and I woke up so thankful to have got thru the temptation last night. Daughter can't make it this morning to go to the gym so I'm going to go downstairs and do 45 mins on treadmill. If she gets to town later this afternoon we will go over to the gym. Tomorrow is the wedding and that will be my first real social test.

Have a great morning everyone!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Sister coming to visit for a week in a few days. Got to get the upstairs finished and the beds put back together. Paint job looks great.
Hubby up in shower, in total denial. Wish he was on this road of sobriety with me. But he is not and Im sad and lonely and I do not know If I can exists like this. This is my second marriage, divorced my first hubby when the kids where young, he was a habitual liar, lived in a fantasy world. Lost every thing and It took me years to pull myself and kids out of poverty. Do not know if I want to go through a divorce again. If the opportunity arrises, i just may have my first affair... (like that will happen)
day 38...
Good job to all with knocking down the AV and working out and getting on. We are a great team and thanks for beinghere. Will post later and i do check this site quite often during the days i am off.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi all,

James - looks like it calmed down - how did you make out?
Jojo - glad we both made it - I don't like those triggers and will look forward to when enough time has passed that they're not triggers any more. When I got home I turned on the Grande Budapest Hotel and promptly fell asleep. For the first few weeks I couldn’t sleep at all and now I’m like dead to the world. When I think rationally it’s no more boring drunk then sober but my AV doesn’t agree… it wants me to drink but I can’t – because I can’t just have one.
Hi Unfrozen – I like the serpent vision – sometimes I use a wolf or just something ugly or scary to represent my AV although wolves are pretty animals.

Sisterbobby – sorry about the hubby and sorry that it’s probably incentive not to drink because of how he is when he’s drunk. I find that drinking and being drunk is more alluring when I’m sober then when I see people drunk and I am not. No one wants a divorce – I may be headed for one myself and I really don’t want to live through it but am very concerned that I can’t stay sober and in this relationship. My SO doesn’t drink but has been depressed for many years and it is very difficult living with someone who is so negative and unpleasant all the time. It is very uncomfortable in the house these days and has been for some time. She is not willing to deal with the depression or even acknowledge it – in denial. And now I’m trying to figure out what’s best for the kids and me, financially, emotionally every which way. It sucks. So I’m feeling for you – I hope things get clearer for you.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."”
LLG6 – First, I am so sorry. I pray that you have strength during this time as breakups are never easy. Second, throw the bottle out. Do not, and I mean do not, let him be the reason you start drinking. He is so totally not worth it and you are worth so much more than that. Hang with your friend (and remind her not to buy you booze anymore – ask her for support). Concentrate on you. I’m sure you’re so proud of yourself not drinking and just going to bed. Good job and stay strong.

Hi Lovehoops – I see your racking up the days. How are your kids doing? What are you doing to stay sober? Anything special or just hanging in there day to day. I think we’re the same age (middle age if I’m planning on living to 100 or so lol) – I’m doing to yoga thing – so typical but I don’t know what else besides yoga and AA. Any suggestions until it gets warm? And nice job walking out of the house you were watching – that takes commitment.

Blondsober – how’s the visit with the teens going? Awholenewlife – hitting Day 40 I believe – great job. 2Wheel – I hope your job situation goes well and you find yourself on your feet. MITA – way to get through the wake and all – hope you’re keeping warm. Waywardson – Great job on 4 weeks (1 month!!!) have fun at the gym and on your day off. Saoutchik – hope you still have heat and things are good in the UK.

Shout out to Findingtheway, Soliloquy and anyone else I missed – have a good Saturday and will be checking posts throughout the day. Honestly sorry if I missed anyone.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

There have been some mightily impressive posts on this thread recently

Jojo
SisterBobby
LLG6
Teebee
and others - you're all extremely brave, I think that the way you are handling things is amazing

JackDsMissus hope your OK - how's that dog volunteering going?

Nothing special about my day, I spent it at the outskirts of London working on my rust ridden old Lancia. Two other guys spent most of the day watching me work while they drank beer

I'm tired out now and am going to order an Indian takaway and veg out in front of the