Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 02-15-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Just checking in. Hope anyone who is cold is surviving the snow and wind! We also had snow last night but we stayed home. TeeBee, I'm glad you got home safely and stayed calm. I also "freak out" when driving in situations like that...Bravo to you!!!

MITA..sorry about your friend..Stay sober

SisterBobby..we also had japanese last night. we brought it home with no sake..I forgot about that..I used to enjoy sake with the meal!

Jojo and TeeBee you are inspiring me to get moving!! I have to do something...spring will be here soon (I hope). I am off this week so maybe I can look into something.

Stay warm everyone..The wind here is howling terribly.

Have a sober SUnday xo
Old 02-15-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi guys
Am on day 19 today!feeling much healthier, n last night worked out ive'd saved at leasr £190 n 38000 cals a truly sobering thought, pardon the pun
Old 02-15-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

How is everyone? I'm doing well, although I got myself in a bit of a funk this morning (I started a thread about it in Newcomers).

However, I used my new coping strategies and and came through it sober, and also calm in the end.

This is day 34 for me today. I'm heading to an AA meeting tonight, one I have not been to before so that will be something new.

Waywardson, I hope work doesn’t get too busy for you.

MITA, I'm sorry to read about your friend.

Stay warm, those of you in the USA getting all the snow!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Feeling good, no hangover and still painting upstairs bedroom and hallway.
JoJo and teebee, exercising is what I must do, new addiction I must develop.
Teebee, 3 pound dog? Wow. I too have found it easier to stay calm in situations i would have normally got pissy in, feels good to be in control. Also, builds confidence within you and your kids with you...good job. I hate driving in the snow.
Saoutchick- Japanese garden, are you doing the planting too?
MITA-sorry to hear about your friend
Candie- calories saved, wow, i need to calculate the calories for myself. For the pass month, I have purposely put my diet aside knowing I was saving calories, but now is the time I start exercising...new life changes for the good...
Old 02-15-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Awholenewlife-I will read your thread. Glad you made it!
Lovehoops-stay warm.
I live on the other side of the states, we are all hoping for stormy weather...
Old 02-15-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

My son left behind a 10 pound bag of pinto beans when he left for TN, so I need to do something with them. Although I have not canned in years, I am going to make and can refried beans, maybe 7 to 8 quarts. Project for tomorrow, beans are soaking as I type...
Old 02-15-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

I'm at work, 1-9 today. I worked 3-11 last night, so it literally feels like I was just here. Was a bit of a scramble this morning to get up, do my work out, eat breakfast, and prepare my lunch and dinner etc for this shift. But I did it!

Sisterbobby, I think you hit something, I am getting addicted to my work outs and new clean eating. lol But I would much rather be addicted to this than booze. I'm just going to stay smart, make sure I'm eating the right amounts of calories and enjoy.

Roper looks to be improving. He's eating and harassing the cats and he appears to be brighter. Friday, his head was down as well as his tail when he hobbled around, today he still has the front leg limp, but his head is up and his tail is wagging. He's on thyroid meds now and that has helped tremendously with his weight. In November he was 133 pounds and was down to 2 cups a food a day. We were trying to get weight off him to make it easier on his joints. They weighed him last week and he's trimmed down 116 lbs and gets 4 cups of mobility food a day. Plus now he can have some 'treats'. Treats with glucosamine etc. He thinks he's won the lottery with the treats. lol

Jojo
Old 02-16-2015, 01:45 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi all

Well I fell off the wagon in spectacular style over the weekend. It started on Friday night after I agreed to go to the pub for a beer after work. I bought a bottle of wine on the way home and drank that. I felt awful on Saturday so steered clear.

Then yesterday I bought more wine and drank that along with messaging my XAH and making an absolute fool of myself. I would never have contacted him if it hadn't been for the wine which led to me letting down my guard. Ugh I feel dreadful!
I really want the ground to open up and swallow me..I didn't even enjoy it...

I'm back to day one again...hoping I can still stay in this class or maybe I should join the Feb class?
Old 02-16-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend people do join the Feb class - there's a synergy with everyone being more or less at the same point - but it's up to you Martina - even if you do join another thread you can still post here

Pubs were a definite no go area for me for a loooooooooong time. It was just too dangerous.

D
Old 02-16-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Another day sober for me yesterday and I feel good this morning.

I now have to deal with our property tax office who mailed a letter saying I am delinquent on taxes about 60 bucks. I checked my records and they are paid in full so I have to go down there today to get it straight. Add to that and DirecTV slapped another 10 dollar charge on my bill so I have to call them again. It's like having these magically rising bills. I'm about done with them.

Despite this, I feel good this morning and am going for a walk this morning.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi all, I have off today - hanging with the kids who also have off. Today should be a calm day - at least I hope so. Son has a basketball clinic at 9 and I have one doctors appointment for the 7 year old.
My partner of 17 years and I are going through a rough time so I'm kind of all over the place these days. Trying to stay on sobriety as job 1 and hoping others will follow and my life will become clearer (what I should and shouldn't do). I don't think I've been very true to myself for a long time or honest with others.

Anyway - cold as ice here these days - but at least we don't have the feet of snow that NE has.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good morning all...another cold one!

Martina, I'm sorry to hear about your rough weekend but glad you are posting this morning. stay strong!!!

Waywardson...good luck figuring out bills. Those things never work out in my favor so I wish you the best.

TeeBee...I'm off as well. All week actually. I'm sure I willl be busy with kids. My son's basketball team has a play-off game tomorrow night but now they are saying snow again tomorrow...UGH. I'm sorry to hear of the rough patch with your partner..Like you said, being sober will make things as clear as they could be while in a state of confusion. I wish you the best.

Happy sober Monday to all..stay warm
Old 02-16-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Checking in sober but all out of whack. Kids are off this week so my schedules gone bewbs up. We slept till midday today :/ Anywhoo, all is well hope you guys are too
Old 02-16-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Martina-sorry to hear about your mishap, just keep trying. Never give up. I can not count how many times i quit and started up again.
day 33 for me, yesterday was easier for me. My husband sat beside me and got drunk and i just went about my business...So much for keeping the bottle out of the house
Old 02-16-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

where can i find the the coping skills i hear some talk about, i have looked...I would like to read about them.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone,

Not been in long London Underground in chaos on my line (plus its raining)

Actually slept realy well for a change last night - one of the benefits of manual labour

Sorry to read about your tough weekend Martina, minor set back is all it is, don't be too downhearted. Hope you keep posting here, I still miss Canguy.

Glad Roper is somewhat better Jojo

I think the Japanese garden will be mostly pebbles SisterB - it doesn't get much light as it is shaded by the flats themselves and a fabulous looking Silver Birch tree.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Just checking.

I'm nearly a day and a half ahead of some of you in the USA so I get to read your yesterday's posts and you get to read my tomorrow's posts.

Martina ... Sorry to hear about your awful weekend. Keep your head up and start again. We've all stuffed up at some point in time.

I envy all those people who can have a drink and say no to the second one. I'm not one of them anymore.

Havagood tomorrow everyone.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

Day 30 here! Wow! I am really quite proud of myself, if the truth be known. Dang straight!

Today is a holiday here, it's Family Day. I work 3-9. Had a teeny trigger last night. Came home and there was music playing and Hair of the Dog by Nazareth came on, so I cranked the stereo up and danced through the house and bam! A beer! I would love a beer right now to improve my dance moves. Haha! It was a fleeting thought, of an old behaviour and I reminded myself that I no longer do that. Once I had that under control I turned into a dancing machine.

Mr Roper is better today, still limping but he's better. So I'm grateful. I'm grateful for a lot right now. Have a wedding on the weekend, the 22nd. My first social challenge. But I'm up for it. I am going to allow myself to eat whatever I want at the reception, just no booze. My sons are the Exec and Sous Chef at the restaurant where it's held so I will make sure they can get me something non alcoholic to toast with.

Have a great day!

Jojo
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by martina12 View Post
Hi all

Well I fell off the wagon in spectacular style over the weekend. It started on Friday night after I agreed to go to the pub for a beer after work. I bought a bottle of wine on the way home and drank that. I felt awful on Saturday so steered clear.

Then yesterday I bought more wine and drank that along with messaging my XAH and making an absolute fool of myself. I would never have contacted him if it hadn't been for the wine which led to me letting down my guard. Ugh I feel dreadful!
I really want the ground to open up and swallow me..I didn't even enjoy it...

I'm back to day one again...hoping I can still stay in this class or maybe I should join the Feb class?
Dust off Martina and carry on. We've all been there. You got this!

Hugs,

Jojo
Old 02-16-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
saoutchik

James!

Your from the future man