Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 3

Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Della, welcome to our community! And you're right... tomorrow is just another day =)

What direction do you think you'd like to go Brynn?
Old 12-30-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Welcome newlife!! Nice to meet you!!
Thanks Midwest ) Hope everyone is doing well tonight !
Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
Hey December, just checking in. Lightens my heart to see everyone doing so well. You guys are just amazing.

Have had some family issues along with health problems within the family and it's casting a dark cloud over my moods lately. I feel the storm of depression in the distance and I honestly haven't been doing much the past few days to combat it off. Today I will grit my teeth and return to the fight. I can't get complacent in this. I will not.

Day 27.
Stay strong you can do this , I am rooting for you .
Old 12-30-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hello everyone didn't have a chance to checking this morning before work. I was up late. Tonight is the end of day 32 . Feeling strong, and happy. Tomorrow in New Years eve the first sober one I have had in years. 2015 is going to be a wonderful year. Filled with new adventure . I am looking forward to us making positive advancement . Have a good night family . Hugs to you all
Old 12-30-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. Have to be honest here.... I am sober now and thankful for yet another chance at this!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Day 4 winding to a close. Wishing everyone a happy (sober) new year and a chance to live a new life. Its gonna take everything we've got
Old 12-30-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back KittyCat - do you have a plan in place for NYE?

D
Old 12-30-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Welcome back KittyCat.
Della - congrats on 17.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Thank you and I love your avatar!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Busy day.

Quickly read a lot of your highly positive posts. Great job all.

Went out and bought 8 canvases of various sizes. figure it will be more fun to create my own artwork than buy prints to hang on my walls. No I'm not an artist... No i've never done this before either. Should be fun once I pick up some paint

Day 8 down
Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I plan to come home straight from work and stay In for NYE. I Have just dumped out the beers I had in fridge so my house is empty of booze.

I'll probably be lurking here. Is it 2015 in strailya yet?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi newlife and clay!!

Kittycat...I'm really glad you're here. Hope you'll stay close and keep posting.

Denise...seriously?!? You totally rock!! Can't wait til I'm a big kid, too!! 32 days! Woohoo!!

BBQ...we're missing a few of our sober twins, but tomorrow is day 26 for us!! We've almost got a month! We're pretty awesome too...just sayin!

Tonks, my friend and fellow writer...all I can say in answer to your question is:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I hate my job
But what will I do?

There's not much demand
For a nurse with no license
That wee bit of paper
Is proving to be priceless

I scour the want ads
But all that I see
Are employers who want
That important degree!

I'm thinking that maybe
I'll go back to school
Get a new lease on life
And become something cool!

Sorry for the corniness y'all!'

Good night everyone!

Love and hugs to everyone.
xoxo
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Day 27. Ready to have a prosaic New Years with nothing stronger than coffee. Spent a very windy Bay Area day cleaning around the house, spending time with my kids, and contemplating sobriety. I'm getting to the point now were I'm thinking... "Why did I do that to myself all those years?"
Old 12-30-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Dr. brynn Suess?? what?

Kitty, welcome back to us =)

And Castdown *whistles* 8 days... you're trucking along! Great job! Let me know how your artistic experiment goes, I've often thought about it but I can screw up a stick figure

SunKing, I used to live near up there in Monterey. Beautiful but often windy and very foggy. Congratulations on your continued perseverance... and I think many of us are asking ourselves the same question.

Good night everyone.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not quite yet KC - heading into the evening of 31/12 now
Old 12-30-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tonks View Post
Dr. brynn Suess?? what? Kitty, welcome back to us =) And Castdown *whistles* 8 days... you're trucking along! Great job! Let me know how your artistic experiment goes, I've often thought about it but I can screw up a stick figure SunKing, I used to live near up there in Monterey. Beautiful but often windy and very foggy. Congratulations on your continued perseverance... and I think many of us are asking ourselves the same question. Good night everyone.
Monterey is a great town. Beautiful coastline.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Happy New Year Dee
Old 12-30-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

It is late & I just read all the post from today, wish I had the energy to respond to everyone, but can't tonight, but want you to know how much encouragement I feel after reading here tonight such a kindered spirit here. Night All
Old 12-30-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Live easy but think first

This thread has been an awesome read today. Congrats to all laying their heads to rest sober tonight. What a gift.

Three big things for me:

1.) Went back to my home group from about two years ago and was completely, warmly welcomed back. The meeting was great and I felt silly for staying away so long.

2.) I met with my sponsor and told him the thing I swore I would never tell, the thing that led me to my last relapse. His response was incredible and I feel like I just want to shout with relief. Again, why did I wait?

3.) my best friend and primary drinking buddy of the last 15 years had a stroke tonight. 37 years old. I cut off ties in October due to some drinking drama. We touched base around the holidays again. Tentative texts. It just brings the severity of this disease in sharp relief. This is life and death stuff. He is ok, thankfully. I just hope this will be his turning point and I hope I never go back.

Love.

Dax
Old 12-31-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

0430 am new yrs eve day here. On 2nd day of being out of work sick. Not too proud of myself, but not willing to go into 2015 drinking. Benn walking in and out of liquor store while sick, not buying and feeling a little smug, as this time last yr I was not where I am now. I drank 2 shots last night, listening to some "home remedy" crap for the flu (lemon juice, peppermint) blah blah. Any good alcoholic will have an excuse to listen to their own justification. Well still sick, but guilty, and here to say that Im thankful that theres no alcohol in my house, and I will not be buying any. Im making a list right now of what Ive purchased in the past, and how that stacks up against the outstanding collection debts out household has.
I will find a way to stay focused.
This time last yr, I was a depressed crazy sounding person. This yr thanks to you guys Ive learned that Im not a one decision and out guy. I just hope it doesn't take as many yrs to get out of this as Ive put in to be able to say " im an alcoholic".
I don't get on here with stories about long benders, but 1 drink for me might as well be 10, because theres plenty of memories that I have to forgive myself for.
I asked for forgiveness, for what s behind me in my life, and Im looking up to working on fighting for my life and happiness.
Im just doing it with the flu, right now ! hahaha
Whew Im addled, but I hope my troubles and hope can give someone a sober day.
Happy New yrs eve.